887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Morning news: Skilled temporary visa holders are allowed to withdraw super to go throught difficult times, and if visa  holders think the cost of  the next 6 months are not enough, government says please go home.

you are right mate, Alan Tudge just announce TR can early assess $10,000 this financial year...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-04/coronavirus-backpackers-allowed-to-extend-stays-in-australia/12121004

• Like 1

All temporary visa holders with work rights can access to superannuation upto $10,000. If they can’t support, they can leave the country.  Please release the official statement released by the David Coleman, immigration  minister. 

https://minister.homeaffairs.gov.au/davidcoleman/Pages/Coronavirus-and-Temporary-Visa-holders.aspx?fbclid=IwAR07ELpL6UG_orjaSPCIGW_lamVqiktCWj60OtszofS5gxEFJmokCxpB1gI

Ministers are worried about economy and all 

what they don’t understand people they are not helping are the one who give the economy migrants not the people in Centrelink benefits to the people who are asylum seekers and refugees 

so many of my friends are forced to leave the country at the moment and they paid taxes all these years and can’t even get benefits 

Coronavirus pay cuts: This may make you very, very angry

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/inquirer/coronavirus-pay-cuts-this-may-make-you-very-very-angry/news-story/f2514991bce5cc2810021ee39cced812

Politician pay cut call not helpful: Morrison    https://indaily.com.au/news/2020/04/03/politician-pay-cut-call-not-helpful-morrison/  

What a selfish government, and what a big joke/ lie Scott Morrison talks. But this is the current government's style ---- being very toxic in every way. They never thought about when the Virus Crisis past, they will be going to beg those people whom they are treating badly now. Wait and see. The recession is unavoided, how could this short sight government cope with the deficit? They just could look after themselves only, bushit when they say put citizen or residents benefits in priorities. 

Our situation is definitely worse than many other TR, because we are literally PR and done all the hard works but because they are purposely delay our applications and we are treated as second class citizens which create huge mental problems. If they don’t want to give PR to anyone then delay ALL applications but they are just doing this to us. Lock us in regional forever and we are being discriminated at work. I know some students just came to Australia from oversea never pay any taxes and get the 190 after 2 years study in Tasmania and now sitting at home getting jobseeker payments. I believe most of us here study way more than 2 years in Australia and not to mention how much taxes we pay!

• Like 1

On 2/27/2020 at 8:49 PM, SMA 887 said:

Do we need to have a release letter to move within regional areas? We got the EOI from NT but migration agent advised we can be in any regional area like Adelaide but we don't have any release letter. Is this going to be a problem?

1 hour ago, nudgee said:

Our situation is definitely worse than many other TR, because we are literally PR and done all the hard works but because they are purposely delay our applications and we are treated as second class citizens which create huge mental problems. If they don’t want to give PR to anyone then delay ALL applications but they are just doing this to us. Lock us in regional forever and we are being discriminated at work. I know some students just came to Australia from oversea never pay any taxes and get the 190 after 2 years study in Tasmania and now sitting at home getting jobseeker payments. I believe most of us here study way more than 2 years in Australia and not to mention how much taxes we pay!

Hi 

as the immigration is relaxing working hours for students more than 20 hours and backpackers are allowed to extend their visas to help in farms during this pandemic. Are we also allowed to work outside regional for the remaining couple of months on 489 visa ? Shouldn’t they waive off this condition too ? As many of us lost jobs and there is no opportunity in regional ?

To everyone saying we are not TRs, read the below notification. We are TRs. We can withdraw $10K and if you can’t support yourself even after that, you can leave the country.

Good news for those who have just gotten 489 and have been laid off, their time in Australia will be counted towards work experience requirements for PR if they get reemployed after the pandemic.

https://minister.homeaffairs.gov.au/davidcoleman/Pages/Coronavirus-and-Temporary-Visa-holders.aspx

C83BC5B0-5CC1-4B31-928D-2A7983C7425F.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Applied_On_15th_Feb_2019 said:

To everyone saying we are not TRs, read the below notification. We are TRs. We can withdraw $10K and if you can’t support yourself even after that, you can leave the country.

Good news for those who have just gotten 489 and have been laid off, their time in Australia will be counted towards work experience requirements for PR if they get reemployed after the pandemic.

https://minister.homeaffairs.gov.au/davidcoleman/Pages/Coronavirus-and-Temporary-Visa-holders.aspx

Mate, I don't know where you saw that we were TRs. I suppose some other visa can have experience requirements for following PR applications and it doesn't mean that we are mentioned here

Hi 

as the immigration is relaxing working hours for students more than 20 hours and backpackers are allowed to extend their visas to help in farms during this pandemic. Are we also allowed to work outside regional for the remaining couple of months on 489 visa ? Shouldn’t they waive off this condition too ? As many of us lost jobs and there is no opportunity in regional ?

32 minutes ago, Applied_On_15th_Feb_2019 said:

It's about 457 and 482 employer sponsor visas

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Megrand1 said:

Mate, I don't know where you saw that we were TRs. I suppose some other visa can have experience requirements for following PR applications and it doesn't mean that we are mentioned here

Don’t be under any false expectations, all 489 visa holders and those on bridging visa are temporary skilled visa holders. If you see the screenshot I have shared from the article, it talks about those on 2 year visa and 4 year visa.

Bottom line is, if you have a job, great ... keep going ... if you don’t have a job, you can withdraw $10k from super ... if you can’t survive on that, you can leave the country as government will not provide any support on job seeker or job keeper front.

2 minutes ago, Applied_On_15th_Feb_2019 said:

Don’t be under any false expectations, all 489 visa holders and those on bridging visa are temporary skilled visa holders. If you see the screenshot I have shared from the article, it talks about those on 2 year visa and 4 year visa.

Sorry mate but it does prove nothing. But we may send a FOI request to clarify

Although Canada and Australia are offering permanent residency, but two country politics are completely different like the climate in both countries. When we compare Australia with Canada in international student fees and PR application costs, the Australia is way too expensive. However, during difficult time the way Australia politician behave is senseless. Canada is offering welfare benefit to International students and TR holders where as here, they are just asking us to leave. In the long term, Australia will struggle with current political decisions in the immigration issues.

https://thepienews.com/news/some-international-students-eligible-for-support-in-canada/

Guys my question might be unrelated to current situation but i have few question.

Before lodging the 887 visa do we need to remain in 2 years continuously in regional area. What I meant is That i stayed for 1 year and completed the work condition in regional area  and then went back to my home country due to some urgent work and came back after 2 years and spent the remaining 1 year in regional area which satisfy my 2 year stay.

Am i eligible for applying 887 visa ?

My second question is after applying 887 visa 

Can I go back to my home country, will my application still be process and when they will provide the result will they let me know that I have to come first to hear the outcome or they will just put my application on hold and not progress at all without informing me .I know we have to update them that we are leaving but will they tell us to come when they are about to tell us a decision

Hi everyone 

I am new to this forum and in the same boat applied for 887 in December 2018 still waiting for it.

i have also signed petition and my family and friends have also signed petition now it’s 4963 only few left to sign if we all can request our family and friends may be something better can happen. 
finger crossed hope for best.

http://chng.it/P9shwyRf

Edited by Shivani