887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

3 hours ago, Sunnysideup said:

The Home affairs had advise not to make too many contacts / feedback with them as this slows down processing time.

Thanks @Sunnysideup! 🙂 Yes, they always say that, this is what was stopping me from contacting them to start with... But I am not sure how it actually works: their processing staff is NOT answering our phone calls, neither they reply to our emails... So how is it possible that we are slowing them down? I think it is only the customer service guys who answer phones, they sit in the call centre. They are specifically trained to deal with annoying customers, like us! While COs are working on files. 😄 😄 😄  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Saqib 786 said:

Hi,

I am going to submit my application, however, I have spent 65 days overseas during my last two years of regional residence. I have been informed migration agent and he said that 65 days holidays wouldn't affect my application. I would appreciate if someone can share any information regarding this. Thanks.

The rule is 2 weeks outside Ausi is fine per calendar year. But I've seen some members getting grant after having long holidays with no issues.

65 Days in mother country or roaming around?

2 minutes ago, Saqib 786 said:

Hi,

I am going to submit my application, however, I have spent 65 days overseas during my last two years of regional residence. I have been informed migration agent and he said that 65 days holidays wouldn't affect my application. I would appreciate if someone can share any information regarding this. Thanks.

I am on the same boat like you, I should have lodged my application by now. I spent 38 days in last 2 years, my migration agent said to me to wait 2-3 weeks then apply. I honestly don't know what to say. If I was the case officer 38 days in two year is not a big deal, now I have to wait for my agent to lodge my application.  Fo you, if you are lucky it will not be an issue.  

18 minutes ago, Saqib 786 said:

Hi,

I think you shouldn’t take any risk just for 65 days. I went 28 days in my home country and spent 28 days more before applying. According to Migration agent , one have to physically present 2 years (730 days ) in specified area tand become eligible. It would be okay if you travel or overseas on paid leave( will be count in work  experience- one year. ) 

3 hours ago, Saqib 786 said:

I spent 65 days in my home country, as I went after 4 years that's why the holidays were extended to 65 days. 

Thanks for prompt reply. 

Hi Mate, 

The main requirement for 887 is 2years residency and 1 year employment. 

I would compensate the 65 Days if I were you. 

Good luck
toot

5 hours ago, Russki said:

Thanks @Sunnysideup! 🙂 Yes, they always say that, this is what was stopping me from contacting them to start with... But I am not sure how it actually works: their processing staff is NOT answering our phone calls, neither they reply to our emails... So how is it possible that we are slowing them down? I think it is only the customer service guys who answer phones, they sit in the call centre. They are specifically trained to deal with annoying customers, like us! While COs are working on files. 😄 😄 😄  

True...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tej said:

hi everyone.

Anyone got grant with drink driving thing?

Thanks

Yes, we had that situation with a couple of members. 🙂 Even though drink-driving is a criminal offence and needs to be reported in your application, a CO will always looks at your personal  situation, the context. The most important thing is to be completely honest with COs, tell them the story as it is, without hiding anything, they appreciate that. 🙂 

• Like 2