887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi,

I checked the new website. There is a separate section for the identity.

In addition to passport, they have requested to upload national identity card as well. I don't know whether this is one that we have been issued from our country. 

If that is the case, we might need to translate to English before uploading as our identity in our own language.

Can some one assist on this? 

23 minutes ago, sak745 said:

Hi,

In addition to passport, they have requested to upload national identity card as well. I don't know whether this is one that we have been issued from our country. 

If that is the case, we might need to translate to English before uploading as our identity in our own language.

You need authorized NAATI translator

https://www.naati.com.au/MyNaati/OnlineDirectory

9 minutes ago, singh01 said:

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and have one question regarding the travel. My 489 is still valid but immi website says we still have to inform immi about our travel but did not mentioned how? So my question is,  how do we inform immi about our travel plans?

Hi and welcome to the group! 🙂

You can email immi, call them and/or attach this information in your immi account. 🙂  I personally prefer to inform them in writing (this way you have a record for yourself, in case you have to prove that you informed them) and then follow up with a phone call. 

adelaide.gsm.team10@border.gov.au - this is their email

131 881 (call them at 9am Adelaide time, the best way!)

8 hours ago, dar8 said:

I received an infringement notice for excessive speeding and received 12 month dl suspension this was in 2011 , when i applied for 489 last year i declared it , wrote the ifringment number , year it happened , what happened and how i never repeated any traffic offences again , and it didnt affect my grant , nothing showed up on my afp record about this but  it's always good to be safe than sorry so i declared , traffic offences won't affect your visa grant negatively as only criminal convictions that result in jail time of 12 months or more affects the character requirement , if you did not receive an infringement notice and just a warning then don't have to declare it at all this won't affect ur pr , but make sure you won't repeat traffic offences of similar nature as this could become an issue when you apply for citizenship later 

This is a great advice. 🙂 Honesty here is the best policy in this situation. 

2 hours ago, sak745 said:

Hi,

Please correct me guys if I am wrong, but national identity card can also be your driving licence from your home country, a national insurance card from home country or something similar, which has your unique numbers on it. 🙂  Does the form ask you to upload it or just provide the number of the card? 

1 hour ago, Russki said:

Hi and welcome to the group! 🙂

You can email immi, call them and/or attach this information in your immi account. 🙂  I personally prefer to inform them in writing (this way you have a record for yourself, in case you have to prove that you informed them) and then follow up with a phone call. 

adelaide.gsm.team10@border.gov.au - this is their email

131 881 (call them at 9am Adelaide time, the best way!)

Hi Russki,

Thanks for the quick reply, I will send them an email regarding my travel plans. I am a bit confused because the email address you provided belongs to Adelaide office but someone told me that online applications are processed in Brisbane office and when I got my 489 I got it from Brisbane only. I may be wrong, please correct me.

Edited by singh01

4 minutes ago, singh01 said:

Hi Russki,

Thanks for the quick reply, I will send them an email regarding my travel plans. I am a bit confused because the email address you provided belongs to Adelaide office but someone told me that online applications are processed in Brisbane office and when I got my 489 I got it from Brisbane only. I may be wrong, please correct me.

I have heard that Brisbane office is processing paper-based applications, but Adelaide office the online ones! 🙂 🙂 Now this is something to ask them if you give them a call. But to be on the safe side, please attach your travel details in your immi account as well. Include departure and return dates and if you have tickets already, attach the tickets, too. Also mention the purpose of travel: medical treatment, visiting family or just holiday. This way you can't go wrong, it will all be a part of your immi application, no matter which office processing it! 🙂 

3 minutes ago, Russki said:

I have heard that Brisbane office is processing paper-based applications, but Adelaide office the online ones! 🙂 🙂 Now this is something to ask them if you give them a call. But to be on the safe side, please attach your travel details in your immi account as well. Include departure and return dates and if you have tickets already, attach the tickets, too. Also mention the purpose of travel: medical treatment, visiting family or just holiday. This way you can't go wrong, it will all be a part of your immi application, no matter which office processing it! 🙂 

Thanks Russki for the help. I will update these details in immi account. One more, may be last question on this, Is there any specific section in the immi account where we can declare all this? Or do we need to just upload our written statement and tkts in the documents section?

28 minutes ago, singh01 said:

Thanks Russki for the help. I will update these details in immi account. One more, may be last question on this, Is there any specific section in the immi account where we can declare all this? Or do we need to just upload our written statement and tkts in the documents section?

I don't think there is a special section. If I was to do it, I would attach it in the "Other documents" section and maybe call your document "Notification of pending travel" or something like this. 🙂 

Well my employer just called.
They are hiring someone else..!! 
Well done immigration department..
Bro send that email to Immigration, they are responsible for loosing someone's job, they should see this, rather than focusing only on citizenship applications, its all a game to get the votes

Sent from my TRT-LX2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I applied my 887 on 1st nov but my migration agent made a mistake in draft that he put my sons name in non contributory section so son doesn't have bridging visa. He told me that he will fix it in a day or two as he has written to immigration but I still didn't heard from him. In my immi account i can see that he has attached his birth certificate and passport and his name folder is there but I am getting concerned now. Does anybody have any information regarding this.

1 hour ago, Don Family said:

Bro send that email to Immigration, they are responsible for loosing someone's job, they should see this, rather than focusing only on citizenship applications, its all a game to get the votes

Sent from my TRT-LX2 using Tapatalk

Responsible - No 
But try to convince the DIBP the urgency of the case - yes