887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

@A cup of coffee thanks yeah I have heard from many of friends that they only see main applicant and not much about second one. I hope this is the case in ours too 🤞

@Doman yes I am thinking consulting with lawyer or agent again. Thanks 

@dar8 even if I apply for myself only. They will ask me later on when I will apply for partner visa and it will disturb our relation may be more. 

I have already applied on 1/11/18 when I met requirements. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Romzr said:

Hi guys, can you guys please advise me on this matter. I am posting this second time. Nobody suggested anything 😌🙏

I and my defecto partner were granted 489 visa together so I only moved to regional 6 months before her and she was still in Sydney and worked in tax job. due to personal relationships issues between us. Then things were sorted and she moved regional with me and I applied for 887 visa after I completed work and residence requirements being a main applicant. Do you guys think the visa officer will ask the question on her being non-compliant

I think all conditions are for primary applicant ( living and working in regional areas) secondary applicants are only required to be in Australia at the time of application and decision.

38 minutes ago, Batra801 said:

I think all conditions are for primary applicant ( living and working in regional areas) secondary applicants are only required to be in Australia at the time of application and decision.

Still should be careful though: the secondary applicant does not have to fulfil 2 years in the regional area, true, but also none of the 887 applicants shouldn't be in breach of 489 conditions, which the lady was. So definitely need to ask a lawyer or good agent for advice. 🙂 🍀

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Romzr said:

@A cup of coffee thanks yeah I have heard from many of friends that they only see main applicant and not much about second one. I hope this is the case in ours too 🤞

@Doman yes I am thinking consulting with lawyer or agent again. Thanks 

@dar8 even if I apply for myself only. They will ask me later on when I will apply for partner visa and it will disturb our relation may be more. 

I have already applied on 1/11/18 when I met requirements. 

Hi Romzr yes co might  still ask for it when you apply for a partner visa , the only issue i see here is 887 has complying with the 489 visa conditions by both of you as an eligibility criteria embedded in the visa  ,  in eligibility section of 887 visa page in immi it says the following  as one of " 

Have complied with conditions of your eligible visa

You, and any family members holding an eligible visa, must have complied with the conditions attached to your eligible visa when in Australia. This requirement applies for the whole period you hold the visa(s)"

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-regional-887#Eligibility

I guess if you've already applied then it will have to wait and see if the co will hopefully not follow this up with you guys and grant the pr without making an issue of it 

11 hours ago, peace_at_heart said:

Hi Ekam,

I have not checked with Centrelink but I have checked with my employer only. What I understood was, that I would be able to get those 18 weeks with-in one year of the birth of my child.

Hopefully this helps.

Hi @peace_at_heart and @Ekam,

I already went to Centrelink for twice regarding this issue, they said I’ll be only eligible for Family tax benefits and childcare subsidy but I know friend of mind who applied few years back got parental leave paid just before baby turns one year old. Hopefully we’ll get our 18weeks pay when we get our PR. As I also saw in this forum someone said Centrelink officers who are in customer service don’t know much and only newly arrived migrants not get the benefits straightaway after get PR. Anyway will hope for the best! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2017 applications - granted
January applications - granted
February applications - granted
March applications - granted
April applications - granted
May applications - granted
June applications - started

This month’s mission, mission possible :) finger cross and good luck everyone :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2017 applications - granted
January applications - granted
February applications - granted
March applications - granted
April applications - granted
May applications - granted
June applications - started

This month’s mission, mission possible :) finger cross and good luck everyone :)
May & June technically not started yet. It will start very soon I believe.

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, TAN said:

Hi @peace_at_heart and @Ekam,

I already went to Centrelink for twice regarding this issue, they said I’ll be only eligible for Family tax benefits and childcare subsidy but I know friend of mind who applied few years back got parental leave paid just before baby turns one year old. Hopefully we’ll get our 18weeks pay when we get our PR. As I also saw in this forum someone said Centrelink officers who are in customer service don’t know much and only newly arrived migrants not get the benefits straightaway after get PR. Anyway will hope for the best! 

https://www.dss.gov.au/living-in-australia-and-overseas/updates

I don't know much about benefits for families, but I hope this link helps! 🙂 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Angos said:

If anyone can suggest me do I need to book an appointment in Centrelink, or it’s first come first serve?? 

There is no prior appointment required at Centrelink. All the family members with original passport, visa copies, residential address proofs, bank credit/ debit cards need to visit Centrelink office.

• Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Kapil said:

There is no prior appointment required at Centrelink. All the family members with original passport, visa copies, residential address proofs, bank credit/ debit cards need to visit Centrelink office.

Thanks Kapil..