887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hi all,

i know this is a off topic but I really need your suggestions if anyone applied for their parents visitor visa for 6 months.

1. Do we have to apply separately for father and mother 

2. What documents do we need for our parents and for myself since I m calling them 

3. What about medical examinations?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bish said:

Hi all,

i know this is a off topic but I really need your suggestions if anyone applied for their parents visitor visa for 6 months.

1. Do we have to apply separately for father and mother - in one immi account u will need to file two applications

2. What documents do we need for our parents and for myself since I m calling them - suggest checking DIBP site for full list but interim: your bank statements, invitation letter, your address proof; applicants passport, bank statements, income tax filing proof, basically your parents would need to prove that they have income in there home country hence they will return

3. What about medical examinations?- it depends on there age; when you file application you will get to know then and there whether they need medical or not and if yes its mostly just chest xray

Thanks in advance.

Input in your email; but apart from that please go to DIBP site and check document requirement list. You will find all relevant info there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Decemeber 2018 said:

Hi ,

I have  travelled to different countries before and after the 887 application submission. Do I need to submit all police clearance for these counties?

Here is the detail:

Before the submission:

1, Japan for 8 days

2, USA  for 15 days

after the submission:

1, home country for 20 days

2, Bali for 8 days.

Thank you

do you think i need all police clearance for these countries?

well, if you can, just get the Po check just in case, as we dont know CO will require or else. there is no standard or info saying about Po Check. if they want, they just say, they dont care how much efforts we need to spend. 

So quiet guys. There was a time period from feb 2018 to January 2019 when only two case officers Katherine and Sophorn were assessing 887 applicants. But between Feb 19 to June 19 it was a golden period.

Now again from 1st July only Katherine is assessing our files. So scared now. [emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Some friends in Tasmania forum said there is no applications during the period of June-2016 to Oct-2016 of visa 489. So there is almost very few applications of 887 during June-2018 to Oct-2018 as a result but they are still very slow in processing. So frustrated.

2 hours ago, Dee said:

I wish it is true for Uni; i have checked with few i.e. Adelaide Uni, Melbourne, RMIT and more all of them confirmed that we will need to apply using International route and also pay same. I will be again revisiting Uni's in couple of months and hope that we get some good news....till them fingers crossed. But i am glad to hear that TAFE treats us like domestic. If i may ask and you dont mind sharing which course is your wife doing?

She is doing health admin now, she has chosen a major yet, she will be doing nursing or phamasict as major. Even for major it is the same, will be treated as local. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Inaz said:

She is doing health admin now, she has chosen a major yet, she will be doing nursing or phamasict as major. Even for major it is the same, will be treated as local. 

Thanks for sharing this bit of info.....i will go back and check again...

3 hours ago, Decemeber 2018 said:

Hi ,

I have  travelled to different countries before and after the 887 application submission. Do I need to submit all police clearance for these counties?

Here is the detail:

Before the submission:

1, Japan for 8 days

2, USA  for 15 days

after the submission:

1, home country for 20 days

2, Bali for 8 days.

Thank you

do you think i need all police clearance for these countries?

Hi...

yes u do need police clearance from your home country as u r still residence of your country but regarding other countries if you have stayed under 90 days in any countries you do not need any kind of police clearance expect some countries , which does not include japan ,usa n indonesia

i did travel 10 different  Europe countries with in 2 months time frame   during my 489 and travel my home country for 15 days .i didn't submit any other police clearance expect my country .i did got my grant without any issue ,no any docs were asked by case officer.

Hello everyone, can I withdraw my 887 visa application and then re-apply again? We didn't include our 15 months old baby before we apply because he doesn't have passport yet. now my option is to withdraw our application and then include our baby on next application. Is there a risk on withdrawing. we applied Dec 18 2018, and we haven't recieve any repply yet from immi.

Thanks for your reply.

1 minute ago, Ramilo said:

Hello everyone, can I withdraw my 887 visa application and then re-apply again? We didn't include our 15 months old baby before we apply because he doesn't have passport yet. now my option is to withdraw our application and then include our baby on next application. Is there a risk on withdrawing. we applied Dec 18 2018, and we haven't recieve any repply yet from immi.

Thanks for your reply.

I think you can add new born baby without withdrawing your app. Call imma and ask they will answer you. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SJay said:

thanks for the prompt response @Mirza.

Am I able to ask when I will be directed to upload documents, I did fill the application form till the end where the submit button is appearing but I haven't got a page to upload docs, Is it after I click submit?

I just don't want to submit an incomplete application mistakenly way prior to completing the conditions? 

Experts, again seeking you advise on this? 

5 minutes ago, KC01 said:

I think you can add new born baby without withdrawing your app. Call imma and ask they will answer you. 

2 minutes ago, SJay said:

Experts, again seeking you advise on this? 

Hi, thanks for your reply, my concern is our baby is 10 months old already when we applied for 887 visa. So is that still consider a new born baby?

On 7/4/2019 at 7:34 AM, nudgee said:

Time to prioritize 887, we only wanna be treated fairly. Same as the 189 applicants. Yes we might have less points when we apply for visa, but we have more work experiences and we fit in well in the OZ society, we all come a long way 😞

Hi Nudgee, 

You are right, It is frustrating to see that we are not treated fairly. In fact, we got more points than 189as we have accepted to live and work in regional areas( based on the information provide at the time that 887 visa processing is 6months max). We spent and invested a lot of money in regional areas and without receiving any benefits or aids from the government, we deserve to be treated fairly. 

I have read visas processing priority for many times. In fact, it does not say that we are at the last priority. It says that 887 is not affected by priority processing and they process it in the order in which they receive . Considering the facts that there were only 1338 visa application made to 887 during 2017-June 2018( decreased by 36.7% from 2016-2017, whom have received 887 within a period less than 6 months (2-4 months processing). Compared with 39000 applications for 189 at the same year. It is clear that 887 visa application were treated with negligence and it is not clearly mention in the home affairs offical website that 887 is less priority, to contrary it says it should not be affected by priority processing! 

We are not asking HA to give priority to 887, all what we ask that HA to commit itself with what was / is posted in there website and not to change the processing time. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bern83 said:

Hi @Simmie

How are you doing? Did you hear anything from Home Affairs yet?

Still no news on my side, we are waiting anxiously!

Hello @Bern83 m good thanks . Still no news yet , they have recieved both kids medical already now just waiting for the good news .. lets c when will if happen for us who are waiting.. from 15 months. 

From last 1 week they are very slow.. hope they pick up . 

Good luck ..everyone .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ruby said:

Hi guys anybody have idea how long it takes to grant after submitting the child visa medical and updated afp.. it’s been nearly 20 days that we submitted after their 1st contact...

visa applied on 06/04/18

thanku 

I'm still waiting after my first contact...😐

1st contact 20th March

Updated AFP and medical with all other docs by 28th march

Applied on 26th Jan 2018

5 hours ago, Ruby said:

Hi guys anybody have idea how long it takes to grant after submitting the child visa medical and updated afp.. it’s been nearly 20 days that we submitted after their 1st contact...

visa applied on 06/04/18

thanku 

Today has been exactly a month after request for my baby's medical, which was done on the same day. That was the only thing that was requested. For some people it was two weeks and for some two months, there is no set time frame.

1 hour ago, Bern83 said:

Today has been exactly a month after request for my baby's medical, which was done on the same day. That was the only thing that was requested. For some people it was two weeks and for some two months, there is no set time frame.

Same here more than month ago they asked for child medical " on paper medical assessment" but still showing medical required.

Complete silence after that....

• Like 1