887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

41 minutes ago, Bern83 said:

Lease agreement, rental ledger, rental receipts, bank statements, utility bills like gas, electricity and internet.

They know exactly which state sponsored you, remember that they granted your 489 visa with a sponsorship, all of that is connected to your passport and/or visa number.

but do they specifically ask to submit that document (which state sponsored you).Or it is among the list of documents you upload when applying for 887

21 minutes ago, ausdre said:

but do they specifically ask to submit that document.Or it is among the list of documents you upload when applying for 887

It's in the list of documents that you can provide, just a tip, the more you provide, the better. You don't want them to ask you for more proof after you have been waiting for months, that will only delay your application. The basic things are lease agreement and utility bills.

2 minutes ago, Bern83 said:

It's in the list of documents that you can provide, just a tip, the more you provide, the better. You don't want them to ask you for more proof after you have been waiting for months, that will only delay your application. The basic things are lease agreement and utility bills.

What i meant by document is the document which state sponsored you .

This question is tax related.

Those of you who already applied for 887 BUT HAVE NOT applied for medicare, will you claim medicare levy exemption this year? My accountant friend told me the moment we apply for a permanent visa we become eligible for Medicare. And whether we apply for it or not we will now have to pay for the 2% medicare levy which in my case is over $500 this year. F#$&!

4 hours ago, Dee said:

Its not just about staying in regional area; my daughter has to go to Uni next year and she will be treated International student till we don't get PR. There is huge difference in fee domestic vis-à-vis International student.

Hi Dee, 

In regards to your daughter's uni fee I don't think you need to pay international student fee. My wife studies at Tafe, she got 90% scholarship and we pay 10% all as per local rates. When we Initially inquired we were told that we will be paying local rates and we won't qualify for HECS due to 489 visa. Maybe uni and Tafe are different but better to inquire directly from Uni. 

37 minutes ago, Delfin said:

Those of you who already applied for 887 BUT HAVE NOT applied for medicare, will you claim medicare levy exemption this year? My accountant friend told me the moment we apply for a permanent visa we become eligible for Medicare. And whether we apply for it or not we will now have to pay for the 2% medicare levy which in my case is over $500 this year. F#$&!

You can't claim Medicare, they will also send you a letter stating the same if you ask them for the exemption letter. You are eligible for it, whether you register for it or not.

1 hour ago, Vinh said:

I think we should ramp up a complain campaign tomorrow for anyone reaching 16 months. They treat us like a bunch of idiots.

17 n 1/2 months n we are still hopeful of our PRs...

Our 489 expires on Monday so we are holding our breaths for a visa grant fast 😬 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Experts, a small question in regards to the 887 visa application.

There's a field to enter the visa number if there's a label in the passport. I don't have a label in my passport. If that's the case it is advised to provide passport details in the tooltip. But when I enter the passport number it says invalid format. then I try with the visa grant number in Vevo PDF, again the same message.

What should I do? 

image.thumb.png.5bfd55323081e68f51240126068817d7.png

And also when I select 887 visa application, I get a heading stating "Application for Temporary Graduate or Skilled Regional Visa". Is that normal? Really appreciate experts' advise. 

39 minutes ago, SJay said:

Experts, a small question in regards to the 887 visa application.

There's a field to enter the visa number if there's a label in the passport. I don't have a label in my passport. If that's the case it is advised to provide passport details in the tooltip. But when I enter the passport number it says invalid format. then I try with the visa grant number in Vevo PDF, again the same message.

What should I do? 

image.thumb.png.5bfd55323081e68f51240126068817d7.png

And also when I select 887 visa application, I get a heading stating "Application for Temporary Graduate or Skilled Regional Visa". Is that normal? Really appreciate experts' advise. 

You can leave the visa number 'blank" because it is for the old style visas, now a days there is no visa label. 

Second Question regarding heading is ok

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mirza said:

You can leave the visa number 'blank" because it is for the old style visas, now a days there is no visa label. 

Second Question regarding heading is ok

thanks for the prompt response @Mirza.

Am I able to ask when I will be directed to upload documents, I did fill the application form till the end where the submit button is appearing but I haven't got a page to upload docs, Is it after I click submit?

I just don't want to submit an incomplete application mistakenly way prior to completing the conditions? 

it's very unfortunate for 887 applicants that they have to wait more than 12 months to get permanent residency , i know a person who only ever lived in Australia for just 4 days just entered to activate their 189 and went back offshore , they don't want to come settle in Australia for another year or year and half , never paid a single cent in tax but when they come back them and their kids will be eligible to access many things we hard working people in regional cannot access even with many years of paying hefty tuition fees . tax commitment etc. in Australia , atleast it's only fair if they grant 887 applicants their pr within reasonable time if all documents are there and clear 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Katie said:

Its almost 17 months since applied.

Did anyone make complain before 18 month time?

Is that worth to make complain?

9 hours ago, Katie said:

I can understand how you are feeling. My 489 visa also expires on Monday😐, even our waiting time is also same

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, dar8 said:

it's very unfortunate for 887 applicants that they have to wait more than 12 months to get permanent residency , i know a person who only ever lived in Australia for just 4 days just entered to activate their 189 and went back offshore , they don't want to come settle in Australia for another year or year and half , never paid a single cent in tax but when they come back them and their kids will be eligible to access many things we hard working people in regional cannot access even with many years of paying hefty tuition fees . tax commitment etc. in Australia , atleast it's only fair if they grant 887 applicants their pr within reasonable time if all documents are there and clear 

i Hope The COs can have the understand like yours. 😞 this waiting time is so terrible. 

23 hours ago, Decemeber 2018 said:

Hi ,

I have  travelled to different countries before and after the 887 application submission. Do I need to submit all police clearance for these counties?

Here is the detail:

Before the submission:

1, Japan for 8 days

2, USA  for 15 days

after the submission:

1, home country for 20 days

2, Bali for 8 days.

Thank you

the is one of issues im facing with the 887. dont wanna take risk to travel so many .... @@ 

12 hours ago, Delfin said:

Your friend is absolutely correct, as soon as you file 887 your eligibility starts so its always better to enroll in medicare.

Hi ,

I have  travelled to different countries before and after the 887 application submission. Do I need to submit all police clearance for these counties?

Here is the detail:

Before the submission:

1, Japan for 8 days

2, USA  for 15 days

after the submission:

1, home country for 20 days

2, Bali for 8 days.

Thank you

44 minutes ago, JoeIAm said:

the is one of issues im facing with the 887. dont wanna take risk to travel so many .... @@ 

do you think i need all police clearance for these countries?

12 hours ago, Inaz said:

Hi Dee, 

In regards to your daughter's uni fee I don't think you need to pay international student fee. My wife studies at Tafe, she got 90% scholarship and we pay 10% all as per local rates. When we Initially inquired we were told that we will be paying local rates and we won't qualify for HECS due to 489 visa. Maybe uni and Tafe are different but better to inquire directly from Uni. 

I wish it is true for Uni; i have checked with few i.e. Adelaide Uni, Melbourne, RMIT and more all of them confirmed that we will need to apply using International route and also pay same. I will be again revisiting Uni's in couple of months and hope that we get some good news....till them fingers crossed. But i am glad to hear that TAFE treats us like domestic. If i may ask and you dont mind sharing which course is your wife doing?