887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

4 hours ago, Bern83 said:

Today has been exactly a month after request for my baby's medical, which was done on the same day. That was the only thing that was requested. For some people it was two weeks and for some two months, there is no set time frame.

In the same boat mate

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bern83 said:

Today has been exactly a month after request for my baby's medical, which was done on the same day. That was the only thing that was requested. For some people it was two weeks and for some two months, there is no set time frame.

@Bern83 same here 

they have requested a passport copy and done same day and it has been a month

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bern83 said:

Hi Tt2,

I hope you guys are enjoying your PR!

May I ask if you sent in a complaint after your requested documents?

@Bern83 yes I complained the day they asked for more information 06/06, and we got a reply that said kids didn't need to do medicals. The reply came same day with the grant.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, SukhRav said:

I'm still waiting after my first contact...😐

1st contact 20th March

Updated AFP and medical with all other docs by 28th march

Applied on 26th Jan 2018

Hi,

I applied 01/03/2018

1st contact 14/05/2019

2nd contact 17/06/2019

Now waiting for 😇🤒🤯

23 hours ago, SJay said:

thanks heaps....

@Bern83, on the same topic again, sorry.... does that mean I have to wait till I fulfill all the conditions and click submit button and then attach documents. I was going to attach all the documents and be ready with the application, so I can click submit the next day after fulfilling the conditions. 

???

Ta

1 hour ago, Katie said:

You do know it’s up to a 18 month wait? 

My complaint was not about why my application has not been processed yet. But why the process and the time frame is what it is. And whatever their reply is I intend to shoot a reply because I have a friend that I know personally who applied for 887 on 26/06/19 and he got his PR last week. And I applied 3 days later. So, maybe I will point out the inaccuracy o the processing time frame. I will probably ask them if they use 16-18 time frame so they don't have to give specific answers to 887 applicants' queries.

13 minutes ago, Delfin said:

My complaint was not about why my application has not been processed yet. But why the process and the time frame is what it is. And whatever their reply is I intend to shoot a reply because I have a friend that I know personally who applied for 887 on 26/06/19 and he got his PR last week. And I applied 3 days later. So, maybe I will point out the inaccuracy o the processing time frame. I will probably ask them if they use 16-18 time frame so they don't have to give specific answers to 887 applicants' queries.

Hi,

What to do mate. One of my friend applied 3 weeks later me. But he got PR 2 weeks before my first contact. Thereafter I got 2nd contact. I am still waiting.

No point to complain within 18 months because same ready made answer we could expect.

4 hours ago, Mirza said:

Hi friends,

Does any one has experience of residing/living to metropolitan area after living 2 years in Regional area on 489 visa?

Thanks

Hi,

But the problem is still we are in 489 and we have to adhere its conditions. At once I asked them but they did not give me clear answer. I think it is safe to stay restricted areas.

5 minutes ago, Ravana said:

Hi,

What to do mate. One of my friend applied 3 weeks later me. But he got PR 2 weeks before my first contact. Thereafter I got 2nd contact. I am still waiting.

No point to complain within 18 months because same ready made answer we could expect.

I see your point. But there are many people in this forum who complain about grants every week which i think is the wrong place to complain. I think if we all direct our complaints toward immi and do it regularly, we may at least keep ourselves at the forefront of their mind. Meaning, let's try to wear the department down.  😁

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, empie said:

Too sad 887 visa processing time is getting delayed, now at 18 months processing time.  😕 😞 

I don't think the current processing times are accurate, based on the people who last received their grants in this forum and the tracker.

2 hours ago, Ravana said:

Hi,

But the problem is still we are in 489 and we have to adhere its conditions. At once I asked them but they did not give me clear answer. I think it is safe to stay restricted areas.

Thanks for your comment.

Anyone gone through this situation? In this way we will loose very good jobs too.

• Like 1

Hi All, 

I had applied for 887 visa on 13th June 2018 and CO first contacted on 21st June 2019 requesting overseas PCC and medical examination for new born baby. 

Have uploaded all the requested details in immi account. 

Is there any contact number that we can reach CO / department to let them know that my application can be reviewed or we need to wait until CO opens the case again. 

thanks

On 7/6/2019 at 7:01 AM, Tt2 said:

@Bern83 yes I complained the day they asked for more information 06/06, and we got a reply that said kids didn't need to do medicals. The reply came same day with the grant.

At least you got your grant sooner, but still, that was money wasted on the medicals... It would've been awesome if you got the response before you have done the medicals!

On 7/6/2019 at 7:59 PM, SJay said:

@Bern83, on the same topic again, sorry.... does that mean I have to wait till I fulfill all the conditions and click submit button and then attach documents. I was going to attach all the documents and be ready with the application, so I can click submit the next day after fulfilling the conditions. 

???

Ta

Hi SJay,

Unfortunately you have to wait until you have met all the conditions and attach documents to that date. You can start getting all your documents sorted and scanned in the mean time, that will safe you a bit of time when you apply.

• Like 2