887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

On 7/18/2020 at 8:53 PM, John akhil said:
Hi all

I was an onshore 489 applicant. I got bridging visa grant(489) on Jan 8, 2018, and grant on September 2018
Can I count my residency for 887 from Jan 8 2018( bridging grant while on postgraduate visa).
Few people told I can 
I will ask the agent too. 
Any thoughts 

You cannot apply 887 visa until 2yrs holding 489 visa. The system will not even allow you to complete the application. Learnt from experience 😀

hi everyone,

I have a question regarding medical examination for my son. He is 6 months old and we got the request for his medicals. My concern is he doesn't have the passport yet as it is still being processed, so in that situation how can I make an appointment for the medical with Bupa?

Thanks.

11 minutes ago, LiANSS said:

hi everyone,

I have a question regarding medical examination for my son. He is 6 months old and we got the request for his medicals. My concern is he doesn't have the passport yet as it is still being processed, so in that situation how can I make an appointment for the medical with Bupa?

Thanks.

May I ask when did you apply?

10 minutes ago, LiANSS said:

hi everyone,

Thanks.

You can make appointment with the given HAp ID but they don’t allow you to visit without the passport. Better consult with an agent. 

1 minute ago, MMM said:

May I ask when did you apply?

24 July 2019. first CO contact 5/6/2020 for Son's passport and functional English for main applicant.

2nd contact 16 July 2020 - granted bridging visa for son.

3rd contact today for son's medical

1 hour ago, LiANSS said:

24 July 2019. first CO contact 5/6/2020 for Son's passport and functional English for main applicant.

2nd contact 16 July 2020 - granted bridging visa for son.

3rd contact today for son's medical

Hi,

CO was same or different for all the times?

5 hours ago, wng said:

image.png.45eb7d126b2ab5b61ff52cb8dea0e921.png

As per Adeline, the CO requested for 

-Police clearance
-birth certificate
- passport photo

would you please tell me that did u not submitt your passport photos upfront or they requested again for new photo because its expired in 6 months?

Hi all

just a quick query.

When I moved to regional area of Australia I liked two properties when I was physically staying at one of the regional property. I updated the property address I liked In bank online. However, I changed my mind after one 2 weeks because the rent is more and also it’s costing me more fuel to work from the property. I forgot to change in bank. And one statement got printed with that property address. What should I do? 

I keep on coming here. I ask unrelated questions but people still help (:                                         I see some disappointment, some excitement, help, curiosity and so much more on this page. My husband is an IT engineer and dont know what dragged us here on 489 because when we discuss about our case with couple of friends who are in his field and couple of MARA agents they say, you were supposed to come here on PR. I am not here to complain anything but I just times we get little disappointed when he receives some great opportunities from other parts of Australia where we cant move because we are bounded. We moved here from USA originally from India (were in US for work purpose from his company) we had the opportunity to settle down there but we calculated the pros and cons and decided to come here. our agent did not tell till the time of final visa fees that we won’t get PR. 489 came as a shock to us. anyways long story short, We were not left with much options by thn and decided to move here but by god’s grace he got a great job his way before we landed in Adelaide. Things looked fine or I should say better because we thought now that he got a good option it would be easy to pass 2-3 years(nothing wrong with Adelaide but it’s just that IT options are more and better in Sydney and Melbourne). and now after Corona, we are scared of loosing job, as no support from government on temporary visa holders. we still have another 10 months before we apply for PR (in May 2021). we hope for the best . let’s see what happens. I still feel blessed and grateful for what we have. just some more time and I hope the visa process will be in same speed next year as well. I look forward to a good future and I am extremely happy for everyone who are free birds now. I don’t know you guys but I know everyone has something to share. the success story is always hiding so much inside it.. and people who are still waiting for the grant, I wish the best for you guys 🤗 

I started coming and checking this page before we landed here some more time and I will start talking about my application too ;)

• Like 1

Hi Team, 

Got good news my visa was grant on 13/07/2020 and it was applied on 19/07/2020.

Case officer contact in may and they asked baby medical check up, even which was already sent. 

Agent sent back same medical and after one month they approved 887viisa 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Srowa said:

Hi Team, 

Got good news my visa was grant on 13/07/2020 and it was applied on 19/07/2020.

Case officer contact in may and they asked baby medical check up, even which was already sent. 

Agent sent back same medical and after one month they approved 887viisa 

I think you mean you applied 19/07/2019?