State Sponsorship tracker again!

Guest Adelaide_bound

Guest Adelaide_bound

However I believe many take out addtional private cover and ambulance cover. My understanding is that Medicare does not cover the cost of an ambulance. Perhaps one of the members living in SA can give us a bit more info.

HELCHOPS - you are doing a great job.

Regards

Irishtew (OH)

Seconding the Helchops comment :D

With regards to medicare on a 176, you don't need a job (if you are on the 176 - this isn't for temp. visas I don't know about those....), you just need the 176 to be eligible - when you land you go along to the medicare offices and get yourself registered and they give you a card (handy for ID points purposes).

You have a year to take out health insurance before the age premium thing kicks in =- basically once you hit 30 you start getting old age weighting on your health insurance premiums unless you took out your policy before the age of 30, ie it gets more expensive the older you get. To help out immigrants, you get that under 30 price for up to 12 months after you arrive, so your premiums are as if you took them out before you were 30 (obviously if you aren't 30 then that won't be an issue anyway). So you have a bit of time to work out whether you are going to take out health insurance or not. If you earn over a certain amount you have to pay a bit more tax towards Medicare if you don't have private healthcare.

There's some information here about medicare, reductions if you are on a low income on the tax (called the levy) and the surplus levy if you earn over a certain amount.

Ambulances aren't covered by Medicare, you WILL NEED ambulance cover (or get a massive bill if you ever need/use one, or your family does, for eg kids getting in an accident at school) - you can get this as part of private health insurance, or just on its own, or as part of extras private health insurance (basically, you use medicare for normal healthcare and have insurance for dental, ambulance and opticians for eg - there seem to be different plans....) have a look on a couple of health insurance websites for details of this basically - http://www.iselect.com.au/, http://www.medibank.com.au/ - there seem to be loads of them....google is your friend lol

Hope that all makes sense and helps a bit :)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest kamalg

Yes please ... add me to the tracker as well

Online Application completed: 02 DEC 2011

Documents Received by Adelaide: 06 DEC 2011

Guest RobJ1978

WE GOT IT!!!!! WE GOT THE VISA!!!!!!! I know i'm not the first one ever to have got it but i feel on top of the world :chatterbox:...now i need to try and sleep before going in for night shift again :skeptical:

Nic

Guest RobJ1978
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I ask if you did your medicals via ehealth or not? Just wondering how long our visa might take after our meds next Monday.

Thanks!!! can't quite believe it!

Yes we did do them vis ehealth...dont think we had an option....just did as i was told. Hubby's med's got referred but still didn't take long, considering it has been xmas and all.....just gutted cos we are both back at work doing opposite shifts so can't open the bubbly we have in the fridge for this event!

Good luck.x.x.x:wubclub:

Guest oidara

Thanks for the info. I am really hoping we will get our visa through this month as we will be back in the UK visiting for the month of Feb and it will be hard to celebrate freely with family around! Looks like we may be okay as long as the medicals aren't referred...I guess we'll just have to see.

Hope you manage to find a time slot for your bubbly!

Happy New Year Everyone!

Sorry that we haven't been posting as much as usual - I'm busy working three jobs at the minute, my other half is busy at school, Helena (our 14 month old) has been poorly and we're trying to sort monies/accommodation etc etc to make the move as well as telling the whole family and friends that we're going in July! Busy busy!

If I'm not updating often enough and someone wants to take over I totally won't be offended.

Anyway; here are the updates!

- Oidara Lodged 7/12/2011

- Petal38 SS Granted - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

- Bevev's visa file date 16/12/2011

- TheEdwardsFamily - CO Allocated (When did you file the Visa?)

- newbietoaus - CO Allocated 15/11/2011 and Meds/PCC's applied for (exact date?)

- Path2aus PCC and Meds 5/12/2011

- ManyKids! Meds 19/12/2011 and VISA GRANT on 23/12/2011 (CONGRATULATIONS!!)

dmcevilly - would you like to be added to the tracker?

mahsamr - would you like to be added to the tracker? If so is Analyst Programmer your job title?

kamalg - woould you like to be added to the tracker? If so, what is your occupation?

Vincent - You posted earlier - would you like to be added to the tracker?

For those that want to be added you can PM or post below this and I will add you tomorrow.

176 Tracker

SS Tracker

Helchops, please update my status. You can find it in my signature. Thanks.

Wow!! Congratulations Nic, that's quick innit?? Hope ours won't be long!! When are you hoping to go?

We have used an agent, but I've been checking our visa progress, as I got my TRN number, but it just says, "message" alongside all areas, so I'm hoping our agents will be checking regularly and keep on top off it!! Did you use a agent?

well done again.

Bev xx

Guest RobJ1978

Thank you!

Yeah we did use an agent. Have you had your medicals? sorry i cant remember. Despite our medicals being completed on 19th dec nothing had been done so i sent an email to my agent on the 4th jan and said nothing had change so she got in touch with the case officier...and visa was granted within 24 hours! So keep you eye on it! Fingers crossed it wont be long.

Don't know when we are hoping to go....as soon as...just eagerly awaiting someone to value the house, so best go!

Nic

Wow!! Congratulations Nic' date=' that's quick innit?? Hope ours won't be long!! When are you hoping to go?

We have used an agent, but I've been checking our visa progress, as I got my TRN number, but it just says, "message" alongside all areas, so I'm hoping our agents will be checking regularly and keep on top off it!! Did you use a agent?

well done again.

Bev xx[/quote']

Got my grant letter :o) I've been in Adelaide staying with my Mum and my sister over Christmas, got home on NYE and got email from CO on 3rd Jan :o) Now I just need to figure out when to go, shipping, dog, resign from work etc. I'm definitely staying until I get my bonus on 23rd Feb, so earliest I can go is end March

Guest mahsamr

I Got My SS On Friday , That's more than great , Horaaaaaa:biggrin:

Nominated Occupation: Analyst Programmer

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Online Application Completed & Submitted

[/TD]

[TD]04 Dec 2011[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2] Complete Set of Documents Received by Immigration SA Office[/TD]

[TD] 16 Dec 2011[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Application Decision[/TD]

[TD]Approved[/TD]

[TD]06 January 2012[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Guest kamalg

Hello All , glad to learn that my SS was approved as well :huh::smile::notworthy:

Nominated Occupation: Analyst Programmer

[TABLE=class: cms_table]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Online Application Completed & Submitted

[/TD]

[TD]02 Dec 2011

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2] Complete Set of Documents Received by Immigration SA Office

[/TD]

[TD] 06 Dec 2011

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Application Decision[/TD]

[TD]Approved[/TD]

[TD]06 January 2012

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Guest Heather2011
Congrats RobJ, however, I'm getting fed up now as our meds were finalised on the 8th of December, and still no Visa.

have you spoken to your CO or agent? Maybe they can shed some light and speed things up.

Guest mahsamr

again me :)

I got my ACS in Analyst Programmer on Dec 2011 and my degree is equaled to AQF Bachelor degree . and all my 8 years and 11 month work experience has been calculated , but my issue is:

I saw in many Assessment letter that wrote some lines like :

For the purpose of your application you have as of month / year satisfied the requirements of the ACS as stated in the PIM 3 policy manual for Group A

but this lines is completely omitted in my letter, what it is means and will be effected on Work/ degree point from DIAC?

Guest mahsamr
again me :)

I got my ACS in Analyst Programmer on Dec 2011 and my degree is equaled to AQF Bachelor degree . and all my 8 years and 11 month work experience has been calculated , but my issue is:

I saw in many Assessment letter that wrote some lines like :

For the purpose of your application you have as of month / year satisfied the requirements of the ACS as stated in the PIM 3 policy manual for Group A

but this lines is completely omitted in my letter, what it is means and will be effected on Work/ degree point from DIAC?

I found Answer ;) The format is changed :

ACS replied Email :

We are currently updating our skills assessment process to benefit applicants - a new format for skills assessment result letters became effective from 15th August 2011, whereby the result letter no longer states the Group type. The absence of this information is unlikely to affect your migration visa application with the Department of Immigration.

Guest Heather2011
Woooo hooo, I emailed our CO on Friday evening and have just had a visa grant. Thank You everyone and good luck to everyone else.

Congratulations...