First contact : 9th June 2020

Asked for English Evidence Primary

CO : Andries

Complaint twice after week n then.next week

Finally today received Grant 

CO : Wendy

Appreciate all help n.support 

Thank you @Angry Coder@nudgee @Dee @Skaur @Maxzone

Congratulations. How did you complain? I complained through immi feedback but got only automated response. Also, emailed but haven’t received any response. 

9 hours ago, ASDFG said:

I keep on coming here. I ask unrelated questions but people still help 🙂                                         I see some disappointment, some excitement, help, curiosity and so much more on this page. My husband is an IT engineer and dont know what dragged us here on 489 because when we discuss about our case with couple of friends who are in his field and couple of MARA agents they say, you were supposed to come here on PR. I am not here to complain anything but I just times we get little disappointed when he receives some great opportunities from other parts of Australia where we cant move because we are bounded. We moved here from USA originally from India (were in US for work purpose from his company) we had the opportunity to settle down there but we calculated the pros and cons and decided to come here. our agent did not tell till the time of final visa fees that we won’t get PR. 489 came as a shock to us. anyways long story short, We were not left with much options by thn and decided to move here but by god’s grace he got a great job his way before we landed in Adelaide. Things looked fine or I should say better because we thought now that he got a good option it would be easy to pass 2-3 years(nothing wrong with Adelaide but it’s just that IT options are more and better in Sydney and Melbourne). and now after Corona, we are scared of loosing job, as no support from government on temporary visa holders. we still have another 10 months before we apply for PR (in May 2021). we hope for the best . let’s see what happens. I still feel blessed and grateful for what we have. just some more time and I hope the visa process will be in same speed next year as well. I look forward to a good future and I am extremely happy for everyone who are free birds now. I don’t know you guys but I know everyone has something to share. the success story is always hiding so much inside it.. and people who are still waiting for the grant, I wish the best for you guys 🤗 

I started coming and checking this page before we landed here some more time and I will start talking about my application too 😉

@ASDFJG, I hear what you are saying. My story is quite similar too. I came under an IT occupation, I had around 10 yrs of experience and were kept under dark about 489. Our agent very simply put  that “you only have to live in particular area for about 2 years and after 2 Y you can get PR”. Only when we landed here, we understood what 489 really mean, no help from gov. no benefits and you become eligible for PR after 2 years (not get it). We struggled for initial few months (like most of 489 holders) and all our savings from home vanished only to meet basic minimum requirements of our lives, but thankfully we are in so much better situation now and I don’t regret coming here anymore. I am hopeful that I will get my PR soon. And don’t worry you will sail through just fine. Just keep faith and hold your strength.

All the best to everyone here and to me.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Meee said:

@ASDFJG, I hear what you are saying. My story is quite similar too. I came under an IT occupation, I had around 10 yrs of experience and were kept under dark about 489. Our agent very simply put  that “you only have to live in particular area for about 2 years and after 2 Y you can get PR”. Only when we landed here, we understood what 489 really mean, no help from gov. no benefits and you become eligible for PR after 2 years (not get it). We struggled for initial few months (like most of 489 holders) and all our savings from home vanished only to meet basic minimum requirements of our lives, but thankfully we are in so much better situation now and I don’t regret coming here anymore. I am hopeful that I will get my PR soon. And don’t worry you will sail through just fine. Just keep faith and hold your strength.

All the best to everyone here and to me.

We too have exact same story....

We are IT professionals and before our agent convinced us for 489, we had no clue about this visa. And he gave up 2 options with 189/190 wait for 1-2 years or with 489 u should be in Australia in few months and we agreed for 489 as we were not aware of any restrictions of this visa and our agent told that 2 years rent receipts and 1 year work is what it need to convert it to PR.

I regretted each day when I was struggling for initial months here in Adelaide but we are now much better position and have decent jobs. And I hope PR grant is not that far...

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Hi everyone,

Appreciate if someone could shed some light on this.

I am 489 visa holder who applied for 887 visa in May 2020. My question is if I change jobs or made redundant after applying for 887 visa do I have to inform immigration via form 1221 or any other method that I changed my job or that I have been made redundant.

Also are there any other circumstances that I have to inform immigration after applying for 887.

Thanks so much

On 7/13/2020 at 3:12 PM, Prab Singh said:

Yes u right .. Medical required only if the child is born here in Australia however with below mentioned condition.. 

If your new born is less then 6 months no medical .. only letter from GP that he/she is doing alright ( height, weight, hearing and head circumference). Once the child is over 6 months old then only basic check from Bupa no xray and that will cost $ 236.00.

@LiANSS - even if he is just over 6 months a letter from GP would work and a statutory declaration form stating that you will upload the passport once you will receive it.

1 hour ago, 887pos said:

Hi everyone,

Appreciate if someone could shed some light on this.

I am 489 visa holder who applied for 887 visa in May 2020. My question is if I change jobs or made redundant after applying for 887 visa do I have to inform immigration via form 1221 or any other method that I changed my job or that I have been made redundant.

Also are there any other circumstances that I have to inform immigration after applying for 887.

Thanks so much

no, you don't need to let them know anything about your job change AFTER you lodged your application. the idea is that you only need to let them know you have had full time employment for one year. 

2 minutes ago, hys887 said:

no, you don't need to let them know anything about your job change AFTER you lodged your application. the idea is that you only need to let them know you have had full time employment for one year. 

unless and untill they send a query asking for updated job records when they are processing your application. If nothing is asked In terms of employment, you’re good.

3 hours ago, wng said:

image.png.019b4030fcbfb18584209ec5d1f2cc85.png

First Grant this morning on 22nd July 2020 from Telegram.

thanks for sharing! that's interesting, I never actually heard that CO would call an employer, although that wasn't really surprising. Did Daisy also say anything as to why the CO called her employer?

Finally the wait is over. 887 granted at 11:30 am. 

Family of 3 

Applied 21st Sep 2019. Co Rajini asked for  baby’s medical on 12 June. Medical completed on 26 June. Complained last week.  Approved today by Co Sophie.

Hope you all get your grant very soon. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Nkc said:

Family of 3 

Applied 21st Sep 2019. Co Rajini asked for  baby’s medical on 12 June. Medical completed on 26 June. Complained last week.  Approved today by Co Sophie.

Congratulations!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nkc said:

Family of 3 

How did you complain?

39 minutes ago, like2020 said:

Just received my Grant today 22 July 2020 4:30PM applied Sep 2018 Granted by Co Rajani

Sent from my MAR-LX2 using Tapatalk

Congratulations!! Can you please provide more details on your timeline? Did they contact you prior to grant? How come it took so long?

14 minutes ago, like2020 said:

Yes they contacted me December 2019
Asked for work proof
Than again may 2020
Last contact June 2020 always asked for work proof

Sent from my MAR-LX2 using Tapatalk

how many work do you have? are they complexed? such as two month plus three month and then seven month?

Hi Everyone,

Could any1 share the statutory declaration form for living with friend place to complete the residential pourposes.

My friend when came to Australia they stayed for 1 month with no proof of that place so was advised to get a statutory declaration but not able to find the format.