887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

On 1/4/2018 at 2:27 PM, aug17 said:

Are u sure 9/12 ? Cz it's saturday and department Don't work on saturdays
Anyways if that's case u should be getting close to January 20th or something

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for reply, just one more question.

I will be travelling to India for 4 weeks on 16/01/2018, DIBP will hold the decision till I come back from India?

Thanks for reply, just one more question.
I will be travelling to India for 4 weeks on 16/01/2018, DIBP will hold the decision till I come back from India?

Yes they will delay and wait till you come back to Australia
Make sure u hve enough 489 OR permission to travel on bridging visa

On 05/01/2018 at 2:01 PM, Vinodh said:

Hello All, 

I am planning to apply my 887 Visa On 19th Feb 2018, I am expecting my second baby on 17 May 2018. Can some one tell in what visa the new born baby will be, while in 887 Visa?

Hey, 

Your baby'll be on very same visa you are on, he/she will be granted 489 and also bridging visa for 887. 

Thanks 

1 minute ago, Samirk said:

I applied on 3rd of september and CO allocated and requested more documents on 31 november and I submitted it next day. But till now no response. Is anyone here has the same case ?

What kind of documents did they ask you to provide?

I applied on 3rd of september and CO allocated and requested more documents on 31 november and I submitted it next day. But till now no response. Is anyone here has the same case ?
Definately this week or next week you should get decision
This calculation is based on previous cases from 2016, CO will come back and make decision, or ask more docs within 6/7 weeks after first contact, You are basically on 6th week accordingly, and you are not that far, so keep looking emails for this or next week.

1 hour ago, aug17 said:

Definately this week or next week you should get decision
This calculation is based on previous cases from 2016, CO will come back and make decision, or ask more docs within 6/7 weeks after first contact, You are basically on 6th week accordingly, and you are not that far, so keep looking emails for this or next week.

Thanks mate. I hope so 

11 hours ago, Samirk said:

Don't Stress Mate. I am on the same boat. We will hear soon some good news.
Mine 7 week is going on will let know if something pings up.
Cheers.

11 hours ago, Samirk said:

Hi Samirk,

First of all, there is a immigration policy that they never ask anything on 31st November.

and secondly, i applied on 11th Sep. and CO asked for more documents on 20th Dec. Still need to submit the documents.

I applied on 10/8 on 06/11, the officer asked for medical check up for my new born but the HAP ID was not working. I sent an email and made phone calls still  nothing happens.  Today 09/01 he sent me request for additional documents with new HAP ID. so now do i have to wait again for 2 months or is there anything else i can do, especially it is their in the first time mistake? 

1 hour ago, Jagjeet Kainth said:

Hi Samirk,

First of all, there is a immigration policy that they never ask anything on 31st November.

and secondly, i applied on 11th Sep. and CO asked for more documents on 20th Dec. Still need to submit the documents.

I'm confused here.....Are we talking about 30 November or 31'December? Cos there's nothing like 31 November

42 minutes ago, Rabea B said:

I applied on 10/8 on 06/11, the officer asked for medical check up for my new born but the HAP ID was not working. I sent an email and made phone calls still  nothing happens.  Today 09/01 he sent me request for additional documents with new HAP ID. so now do i have to wait again for 2 months or is there anything else i can do, especially it is their in the first time mistake? 

Hi Rabea,

Can you please let me know how much old your kids? I am in same situation. My daughter is now 5 months old and waiting for CO assign. I applied on 21/09.i am very close to CO allocation. Somewhere I read kid below 6months medical is not required. Is this true? 

1 hour ago, Nino said:

I've applied on 17/09 and it's been 3 months 23 days yet I haven't heard from them. I'm getting so frustrating.

I am 3 months and 8 days but very exciting  and keep refreshing my email 20 times a day. ? I think this christmas and new year holidays prolonged the usual timeline.

I think regardless of anythng you will be waiting, i am same situation with almost same timeframe. My last CO contact was 18th Dec and i am expecting my decision by end of this month.
Provide all the docs and wait for another couple of weeks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rabea B said:

Welcome to the party mate...the last I heard from them with a HAPID AND CONSENT form for my new born was on 16/11/17...waits on...

cheers,

On 1/2/2018 at 4:42 PM, Russki said:

The answer to the last question will be "yes". You do currently hold a 489 visa.  So,  it's definitely a yes. ?

As for the medical,  don't worry about it until asked by CO. Your old one is probably not valid anyway.  You will have to undergo a new examination for 887, but only do it if the department asks for it. 

I hope this helps!

Thank you very much..