887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

3 minutes ago, Don Family said:

I can’t imagine the time they will take to open Feb applicants file the second time since we are already close to hitting 8 months and our files have not even been opened the first time as yet. 🤷🏽‍♀️ What happens if they want more docs and then it passes our 489 visa expiry? emoji848.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't worry you have a bridging visa. Everything will go well. Now its matter of couple of days

• Like 3

Hi guys,
Do you have any idea about the new law ? When it will be implemented ? Four years waiting time to apply for citizenship is for us ? Or, it will be implemented next year ?
Don't worry, the law will not come. It is still in debate mode in the Parliament. December 4th 2018 is the due date to be discussed in the Parliament

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi guys, 

I am silent follower of the this forum. I really appreciate all you guys helping each other! 

I am actually in bit of confusion about my scenario. I am due to apply end of the month and my partner is away due to her father medical emergency. I am just wondering should I still lodge my 887 application or wait for her because I have to travel in November and she won’t be back until then? Looking at processing times I am worried that I will be late. 

Need your suggestions please. 

Thanks heaps in advance!

6 hours ago, Don Family said:

Seriously I don't understand what immigration department has done to all of us,
All of us have plans and all of it has become a dream only now

When will they grant these visas

Sent from my TRT-LX2 using Tapatalk

True they have no targets . So slow. They should hire more CO. 

One thing I don’t understand why they taking 2-3 months for 2nd n 3rd timers . They should check doc after 28days. These backlog is only because of their laziness. Otherwise how long it will take to verify one document . 

Feeling very upset. 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Romzr said:

Hi guys, 

I am silent follower of the this forum. I really appreciate all you guys helping each other! 

I am actually in bit of confusion about my scenario. I am due to apply end of the month and my partner is away due to her father medical emergency. I am just wondering should I still lodge my 887 application or wait for her because I have to travel in November and she won’t be back until then? Looking at processing times I am worried that I will be late. 

Thanks heaps in advance!

Mate,

I'm not an expert. But my understanding is all applicants should be onshore when you lodge 887. 

Cheers

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Romzr said:

Hi guys, 

Thanks heaps in advance!

You and your partner both have to be onshore while applying for 887. How ever once you have applied you can still travel outside Australia but remember to updated the department about your travel details.

• Thanks 1

True they have no targets . So slow. They should hire more CO. 
One thing I don’t understand why they taking 2-3 months for 2nd n 3rd timers . They should check doc after 28days. These backlog is only because of their laziness. Otherwise how long it will take to verify one document . 
Feeling very upset. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if they extend the timeframe again in two months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Chopsan said:

Hello Friends,

Please suggest how I can upload a document when I have already reached the limit. I have one document to upload

You can attach the document with your dependent's application (if any) and mention the document's detail in caption. And if you're only the applicant, directly send them through email with your file no. Nothing complicated or rocket science dear!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Waiting!! said:

You can attach the document with your dependent's application (if any) and mention the document's detail in caption. And if you're only the applicant, directly send them through email with your file no. Nothing complicated or rocket science dear!!

R u in spreadsheet mate

Morning everyone,

Always wanted to ask this question.

Do I get in trouble if my proof for the 2 year residency are only bank statements and statutory declaration? I was residing in my brother's place for the since 2011 and only moved out very recently. I didn't have a car under my name and was on prepaid the whole time.

To be honest, I can't think of any other documents to provide. My work covers about 18-20 months of 2 years. The other months I was looking for jobs.

If this is a weak proof, I'm thinking I will have to withdraw my application and reapply again so then my work covers the whole duration of 2 years which gives me better chance to get a positive result.

BTW, I'm on 489 family sponsored visa if that matters.

Thank you.

Marcus

5 minutes ago, Marcus said:

Morning everyone,

Always wanted to ask this question.

Do I get in trouble if my proof for the 2 year residency are only bank statements and statutory declaration? I was residing in my brother's place for the since 2011 and only moved out very recently. I didn't have a car under my name and was on prepaid the whole time.

To be honest, I can't think of any other documents to provide. My work covers about 18-20 months of 2 years. The other months I was looking for jobs.

If this is a weak proof, I'm thinking I will have to withdraw my application and reapply again so then my work covers the whole duration of 2 years which gives me better chance to get a positive result.

BTW, I'm on 489 family sponsored visa if that matters.

Thank you.

Marcus

So you dont have any utility bill e.g. Electricity, water, phone , Internet bill etc under your name  and also not lease etc.