887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

2 minutes ago, Chopsan said:

So you dont have any utility bill e.g. Electricity, water, phone , Internet bill etc under your name  and also not lease etc.

Unfortunately no. For phone I used prepaid, brother's spare car. But on my bank statements, it shows the business addresses which are in Melbourne like groceries and petrol or take aways. Apart from that none.

29 minutes ago, Marcus said:

Unfortunately no. For phone I used prepaid, brother's spare car. But on my bank statements, it shows the business addresses which are in Melbourne like groceries and petrol or take aways. Apart from that none.

In that case I would suggest you to contact a lawyer or immigration agent and take advice as this is more complex question

Hi mates. My wait has started making me feel desperated and frustrated as I got pre-grant notification on 27/08/2018, application dated 25/01/2018, as I was out of Australia on 27/08/2018. I was not told to submit any documents in the pre grant notification. Its already 1 and half months after that. I spoke to their office on phone around 4 weeks back and their reply was "wait". I am stuck to take important decisions. Is there some way to meet the case officer personally or write to ministry for considering the case on compassionate grounds as my wife and kids will need to go out of Australia again for my son's dental surgery overseas? 

9 minutes ago, rahulofpl said:

Marcus 

i was in in similar situations and I got few stat declaration from relatives and frds, submitted mobile bills , bank statements , Creditcard statements , letter from NAB stating that I oftenky transact from there . 

did they ask you to provide more docs for your 2 year residency stay? I could do that actually. Other idea is to screenshot email thread me looking for a job.

1 hour ago, Don Family said:

After reading a few articles I think they are planning to introduce new clauses to 887 visas which might restrict movement to cities. We can only wait and see what’s going to happen. Plus II’m not sure if it’s just a proposal or the final law. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is scary. Would this be applicable to ppl who are waiting for their 887???

I know.. I’m abit worries too. It’s quite vague. 2 articles said that they are looking at making amendments in 887 and 187 visas..but it’s not confirmed. We can only wait and see if this immigration announcement today will be good or bad.. 🤞🏾[emoji1488]

1 hour ago, Don Family said:

After reading a few articles I think they are planning to introduce new clauses to 887 visas which might restrict movement to cities. We can only wait and see what’s going to happen. Plus II’m not sure if it’s just a proposal or the final law. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Hey mate,

Could you please post some links here for those articles. 

The question would be, The ppl who are on 489 Family sponsored are already living and working in Melbourne. So will those guys have to move out? thats civil right issue I assume.

Regards,

Toot

Hey mate,

The question would be, The ppl who are on 489 Family sponsored are already living and working in Melbourne. So will those guys have to move out? thats civil right issue I assume.
Regards,
Toot

I think it said they won’t have an issue. I think they are look at regional skilled visas..🤷🏾‍♂️I’ll attach the links below. Prefer your input as well.

10 minutes ago, toot said:

Hey mate,

Regards,

Toot

It will not effect who had already lodged their application 

43 minutes ago, Roja said:

Guys,

I have done some research on this. This new law is applicable for the new applicants (Be clear with this).   As far as i know this law will not be applicable for any of the PR visas (189 and 887) who have applied or yet to apply.. 190 and 489 are sponsored visas, so they should reside on regional areas already. 

What the government is planning is... Cut down the number of PR visas (189,887, etc) per year quota and create a new type of visa as like 489 regional area and put a condition like 5 years staying outside major cities....

Be aware that this will affect the number of PR grants per year quota if government does not increase the number of PR quotas..

Regards,

Deftown.

• Like 1

Hi Everyone,

Someone gave me a reference of this group for advice. We are from Perth.

I applied for our 887 visa on 26th Jan 2018. The status still is still 'Received'. Does the status changes when case officer is assigned? I'm not even sure if case officer is assigned for our case. This is stressing !!