887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

12 minutes ago, SukhRav said:

Hi Everyone,

Someone gave me a reference of this group for advice. We are from Perth.

I applied for our 887 visa on 26th Jan 2018. The status still is still 'Received'. Does the status changes when case officer is assigned? I'm not even sure if case officer is assigned for our case. This is stressing !!

I am on a same boat. Applied on 6th of January. Still status has not changed. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SukhRav said:

Hi Everyone,

I applied for our 887 visa on 26th Jan 2018. The status still is still 'Received'. Does the status changes when case officer is assigned? I'm not even sure if case officer is assigned for our case. This is stressing !!

Not necessarily the status changes; the case might have been assigned already and if there is no further requirement u may even get direct grant , so all the best....

• Like 3

Guys,
I have done some research on this. This new law is applicable for the new applicants (Be clear with this).   As far as i know this law will not be applicable for any of the PR visas (189 and 887) who have applied or yet to apply.. 190 and 489 are sponsored visas, so they should reside on regional areas already. 

What the government is planning is... Cut down the number of PR visas (189,887, etc) per year quota and create a new type of visa as like 489 regional area and put a condition like 5 years staying outside major cities....

Be aware that this will affect the number of PR grants per year quota if government does not increase the number of PR quotas..

Regards,
Deftown.

Thanks@deftown..I feel abit relieved after this.As long as they don’t force current applicants to live regional for 5 years I’m fine..[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Don Family said:

Yeah. But was wandering if they can introduce conditions for the 887 visa since we are not on it as yet..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont be tensed all will be fine. I know it is stressful and getting more ridiculous everyday. But lets be positive and pray for each other.

• Like 2

Hi Everyone,

Hello SukhRav,

Welcome aboard [emoji5]. Ive added you onto the spreadsheet. There you can see the progress of all the applicants in this forum. Heres the link to the spreadsheet. Cheers

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ApeHDAjEH60WFBNLeq14wvGzegiqGC4KD0U-OyH_w6U
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, JPSLTOZ said:

Mate,

I'm not an expert. But my understanding is all applicants should be onshore when you lodge 887. 

Cheers

Thanks a lot for your help. It’s just I don’t want to lose 2 month because I have already planned my trip and fixed everything. Will have to apply in December now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SSH said:

You and your partner both have to be onshore while applying for 887. How ever once you have applied you can still travel outside Australia but remember to updated the department about your travel details.

Thanks. I did figured out that but I was concerned only for longer it takes these days. 

On 10/8/2018 at 10:28 AM, B3sT said:

If anyone can ask their Immi Agent what to do in this case?
And have they come across similar situation with any of their clients?

Regards

Hi B3st, 28 days is a time frame to respond not to submit all requested docs because it’s always not possible. Book an appointment and respond to CO ‘s email with appointment confirmation and u will be fine. Good luck

• Like 1