887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

2 minutes ago, Kate said:

I understand that but my hubby has to ...so not sure that docs that I have downloaded are sufficient evidence

If the studies don't cover 1 year I'm afraid they may ask for IELTS. To be on the safe side why don't you try IELTS? 

My spouse is in the similar situation & she's doing IELTS next week & hopefully I'll get the results before CO allocation

I understand that but my hubby has to ...so not sure that docs that I have downloaded are sufficient evidence
So he has not completed the course yet? He has enrolled and currently studying yet not completed as yet? Is that the status Kate ..sorry trying to understand

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Just now, su89 said:

So he has not completed the course yet? He has enrolled and currently studying yet not completed as yet? Is that the status Kate ..sorry trying to understand

study is in the process...only 2 modules are completed but not entire study

I will see when is another IELTS...maybe it is not too late for him to get it done AGAIN.

I spoke to 2 families and they got both direct grant in Oct and Nov 2017...both families did provide only old IELTS as proof of functional English...No one has redone it...

• Like 2

study is in the process...only 2 modules are completed but not entire study
In that case Kate my understanding is he would need to complete 1 year full time study if he is to cover this requirement.. So they might not accept this as he has not yet completed.. looking at the recent history COs kept asking for partner English.. So it would be possible that they ask the same from you.. Since you still have time if he sits for IELTs that would be safer.. Just my understanding [emoji4]

1 minute ago, Kate said:

I will see when is another IELTS...maybe it is not too late for him to get it done AGAIN.

I spoke to 2 families and they got both direct grant in Oct and Nov 2017...both families did provide only old IELTS as proof of functional English...No one has redone it...

Yeah. Now IELTS has computer-based exams in Melbourne, Adelaide & Brisbane. It'll release results quicker as well. If you can, go for that option.

• Like 1

Yes.. That totally depends on CO.. they might or might not ask for a new one.. you can take the chance.. if they dont ask you are all good.. if they ask for it.. bad luck [emoji21]technically speaking old IELTS should.do.. well then again book is different from what we believe.. Personally O would submit the old IELTd ..

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, slvicky said:

Yeah. Now IELTS has computer-based exams in Melbourne, Adelaide & Brisbane. It'll release results quicker as well. If you can, go for that option.

Unfortunately we are in non of these areas. No computer based IELTS is available for us. The earliest date is 23.04  plus 14 days to release results... my file most probable will be allocated by that time... so will be late with doc anyway

9 minutes ago, Kate said:

Unfortunately we are in non of these areas. No computer based IELTS is available for us. The earliest date is 23.04  plus 14 days to release results... my file most probable will be allocated by that time... so will be late with doc anyway

Is he working? Maybe try upload his work contract etc as proof of functional English for 887...i saw that in the upload option for partner functional English. So I think they will consider that too..

5 hours ago, Kate said:

have you initially provided any proof of functional English? old IELTS or any other doc?

Yes dear, 

we have uploaded our old ielts just couple of weeks ago ...now co Adam ask for new ielts ...it’s very frustrating we uploaded everything but asking it again .....technically we don’t need to upload ielts if we had submitted it during 489 processing but I don’t know why they asking it again 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, su89 said:

Good news !Now its your turn to upload docs emoji4.png As much as evidence

Yeah ....but it’s frustrating we had uploaded everything before....Now they are asking it again....Now i hv to the ielts again which I did it already during 489 processing ...I have to sit in the exam again ...Now we have to wait again for grant....

Yeah ....but it’s frustrating we had uploaded everything before....Now they are asking it again....Now i hv to the ielts again which I did it already during 489 processing ...I have to sit in the exam again ...Now we have to wait again for grant....
Hi poonam,

Are you the main applicant or secondary applicant?

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Poonam..what did you upload previously

2 hours ago, Poonam said:

I've seen some members attached expired IELTS but they attached additional documents to prove functional english ( E.g Certificates from uni, letter from work or any other evidences) . Don't worry , try to do it early as possible. 

2 hours ago, su89 said:

Poonam..what did you upload previously

We uploaded super statement 

bank statement

group certificates 

payslips

nofice of assessment 

passport size photos 

form 80 form1221

afp and pcc for both of us

marriage certificate 

passport copies

electricity gas water bills 

lease agreement  for two years 

my ielts  

2 minutes ago, Ruben said:

I've seen some members attached expired IELTS but they attached additional documents to prove functional english ( E.g Certificates from uni, letter from work or any other evidences) . Don't worry , try to do it early as possible. 

Just now, Kate said:

You can go for TOEFL iBT it is internet based or pay second installment if you don't get the required score.

• Like 1

We uploaded super statement 
bank statement
group certificates 
payslips
nofice of assessment 
passport size photos 
form 80 form1221
afp and pcc for both of us
marriage certificate 
passport copies
electricity gas water bills 
lease agreement  for two years 
my ielts  

Looking at the list of docs you have most of it.. but since they have asked specifically can you get a letter from the employer for main applicant.. in their letterhead .. and do you have any work contract. Given recent experience of our members when they specifically ask for it we will have to give them some new evidence rather than uploading same..

Kate.. given Poonam's situation you might have to makr the call..it seems CO has askrd for the new IELTs. [emoji58]

• Like 1

9 hours ago, house said:

You can go for TOEFL iBT it is internet based or pay second installment if you don't get the required score.

Hey house,  great idea! Guys who are worried about expired IELTS, check this out: 

https://www.ets.org/bin/getprogram.cgi?urlSource=toefl&newRegURL=&test=TOEFL&greClosed=new&greClosedCountry=China&browserType=&toeflType=&redirect=&t_country1=group_Australia

They have tests in every major city almost every week if the year. 8 April is the next test date.  Test costs $300. Great alternative to IELTS,  good suggestion, thanks House!  :)

PS Maybe,  there is, an option to do it on the internet,  I just have not researched it that far...