What have you done today to get yourself to Aus?

snifter

I am still thinking/searching/scratching my head whether to bring my BMW X3 or not.....

Have you gotten in touch with Iron Chef or read the PIO threads on importing? Can't remember if it was you I posted the links for or not. Might be worth a look if not to see if it all stacks up or is viable :)

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you snifter. I have looked at the costs and used a different site to calculate. I wont lose or gain anything as per my calculations. I just havent made any decisions. I did read PIO threads after you had advised for someone. Appreciate your resonable reply. I would stop now so, I do not drift away from what the thread was all about.

We just booked our 1 way flights to Adelaide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave the UK 23rd Feb...CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:jiggy:

Ooo really on countdown now. Fab. It'll fly past. Just try not to stress to much before you leave, easier said than done I know but really, try to enjoy the time you have left.

We arrive on Thursday - exciting/scary stuff! X

Wow, only a few days for you :) Once you are settled drop me a message. Wasn't it you staying in Glengowrie to begin with or am I getting myself muddled with someone else? Either way, if you want a coffee or just to see a friendly face, happy to say hello. My son is back to school now and so I've a bit more free time on my non working days. Happy to do play parks and stuff also after school with my son also (aged 5).

Guest Claire-n-tel
X3 are cr4p IMO, sell it and buy a land cruiser or a ute or a proton or a nissan or a Holden or a rav or a skoda......get the message yet? Just sell the blooming thing European cars are not cost effective over here especially an X3. Even Jeremy Clarkson thinks they are cr4p, poor mans 4x4 with no ground clearance.

Wow!....i've not read your other 6 posts but this is the second one i have read and the second one which is opinionated and boardering on rude.

I don't know if you are new to posting on here or if you are an old member who has changed their name, either way, i would suggest that you maybe think about the wording of your posts, yes it is important to get differing opinions and not see the whole immigration thing through rose tinted glasses.

Adelaide1 was wondering if he should ship his car out here, he did not ask for anyones personal opinion on said car especially not so rudly worded

Wow, only a few days for you :) Once you are settled drop me a message. Wasn't it you staying in Glengowrie to begin with or am I getting myself muddled with someone else? Either way, if you want a coffee or just to see a friendly face, happy to say hello. My son is back to school now and so I've a bit more free time on my non working days. Happy to do play parks and stuff also after school with my son also (aged 5).

Hiya! Yes that's me! Thanks so much - I'll definitely be in touch! I'll message you my number once I get one! Look forward to it :) x

Hiya! Yes that's me! Thanks so much - I'll definitely be in touch! I'll message you my number once I get one! Look forward to it :) x

No problem. We are nearby and not far from the border of Glengowrie so we can always head to one of the play parks with the kids or something. Plus there is the linear park which is nice for a wander. And a nice little coffee place not far from us I keep meaning to check out.

No problem. We are nearby and not far from the border of Glengowrie so we can always head to one of the play parks with the kids or something. Plus there is the linear park which is nice for a wander. And a nice little coffee place not far from us I keep meaning to check out.

Excellent - sounds like a great plan! :) x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rachael M Bowen
I've officially finished work in the UK!!! Had my last shift yesterday which was emotional & very funny as the buggers got me lol...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7521[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7522[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7523[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7524[/ATTACH]

Ha love the sign on the door............irony! X have a safe journey chick and see you in a few months xxx

Did my IELTS last Saturday!....get results this Friday coming.

Was a bit trickier than i thought..... and there was a whole load more people taking the test than i thought.......and it was a lot more formal than i thought!!!

Maybe I shouldn't thought so much.

Keep getting dreams that i score 3 in the written section :skeptical:

Was a bit trickier than i thought..... and there was a whole load more people taking the test than i thought.......and it was a lot more formal than i thought!!!

I kept dreaming I had failed the speaking test (which is the easiest bit! Haha) you'll be fine :-)

I kept dreaming I had failed the speaking test (which is the easiest bit! Haha) you'll be fine :-)

Cheers Kelbert!

dreams are soooooo vivid! I need to score 8 in each section..... the written section should be my best....and I wrote loads.....probably just worrying that I wrote a load of shoite!!

I loved the speaking bit!!! could have talked all day.....just hope I yapped aboot the things I needed to :chatterbox:

Guest Spratnat

I did my IELTS test swell last saturday, i wonder if our questions were the same?? It was my second attempt as i only got a 7 in my writing last time and need a 8. I remember the first time though being shocked at how formal it all was, I was the only english person out of 150! Hopefully we get what we need this time as i really don't want to have to go through it all agin!!! Good luck, Nat x

Guest Toodolou
I've officially finished work in the UK!!! Had my last shift yesterday which was emotional & very funny as the buggers got me lol...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7521[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7522[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7523[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7524[/ATTACH]

congrats , they certainly got you !!! good luck with your new adventure! :)

I did my IELTS test swell last saturday, i wonder if our questions were the same?? It was my second attempt as i only got a 7 in my writing last time and need a 8. I remember the first time though being shocked at how formal it all was, I was the only english person out of 150! Hopefully we get what we need this time as i really don't want to have to go through it all agin!!! Good luck, Nat x

Fire of London, mountain biking, new Zealand motorcycle test, people having dental problems because of stones in flour and schools making kids wear uniforms......if any of that is familiar....then we may well have had the same questions:err:

Yeah......best of luck Nat.....everything crossed!

Guest Spratnat
Fire of London, mountain biking, new Zealand motorcycle test, people having dental problems because of stones in flour and schools making kids wear uniforms......if any of that is familiar....then we may well have had the same questions:err:

Yeah......best of luck Nat.....everything crossed!

I had the bit about people having dental problems due to stones in flour in my listening but not anything else! Not long to wait now!!

Guest MandiMR2

Written in retrospect from Friday 21st Feb as I was unable to get online...

The packers have been & almost everything we own is now on a container heading to Felixstowe!! It will then set sail for Adelaide on 27/2/14 with an expected arrival date of 20/4/14!!!! Its a very emotional stage saying goodbye to all our belongings, but also another exciting step to our new life down under!!

Packing 5.jpg

So now all we own is 40kg of luggage allowance each lol

Packing.jpg

Packing 1.jpg

Packing 2.jpg