What have you done today to get yourself to Aus?

snifter

Exciting times :) Looking forward to reading how you get on once you arrive in Adelaide.

We've already earmarked and filled in an application form for the school we liked the look of. Although not officially enrolled (we'll do that once we arrive next month) they are expecting to see him when the new term starts on Oct 14th. I've heard good things about the school, people I know have taught there and really rate it, so we are happy with that to get us started. We may move for the new school year if the school isn't what we are wanting for our son but all being well we'll be staying put.

Which school is that?

We got an email back from Singapore airlines allowing us another 5kg baggage per customer, which is better than nothing!

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rachael M Bowen
Which school is that?

We got an email back from Singapore airlines allowing us another 5kg baggage per customer, which is better than nothing!

Excellent I'll add this info to what I collated yesterday LOL x

Such exciting times ahead for you all, (Guspjmh, Snifter and Geoffuz) and what a lovely time of Adelaide year for you to be going. Wishing you all luck and happiness and looking forward to reading your threads once you are there. As the kids say "well Jell" (I bet I've been totally uncool and spelt it wrong, :biglaugh:)xxx

Wooo, internet due to be installed and up and running the day we land! Yay for hubby.

Also cancelled a heap of direct debits and stuff here for when we leave. Wow do they ever stick you for cancellation charges though. Its not a massive amount but it all adds up. Reckon we'll be a couple of hundred pound worse off for the getting out of contracts a bit early or termination fees and all that.

Ah well.

Handed in the form to son's current UK school to notify them we are moving overseas.

Starting to feel incredibly real now.

Trawled my way through our entire CD collection trying to decide what to bring or not. God, we have some dodgy music! But less now that I have eliminated the worst and most embarrassing.. On the plus side, have spent the afternoon drinking red wine and dancing. Practising for my life in Oz !

I have had my Letter of determination confirmed from ANMAC( Nursing assessment) after a painful 13 weeks and starting to sort EOI through agent. House goes on market tomorrow, and cleared lots of stuff out, Adelaide starting to feel in reach X

Things often seem to crawl along with little to nothing happening then it has busy leaps forward. Sounds like its coming together for you :)

We are also de to put our house on market in next week or so and also decluttering, now it seems to becoming more of a reality, coming out of our comfort zones a bit now, but still very exciting!!

Decluttering is great. I am currently doing exactly that.

Sorting out the Xmas decs, binning at least half, have given fake tree to parents as it has fake berries and real pine cones on (lovely tree, shall miss it). Am only keeping the gaudy tinsel, stockings and some painted wooden tree decs. The rest is gone. Candles, green fake tinsel, wreath, you name it, all binned. Also decided to pack it all in a clear plastic container in the shipping so anyone checking it can see clearly its not dodgy. Sure they may open it, but there isn't much in there and its all stuff that is allowed in. Unless red and gold tinsel is banned :cute:

We are also de to put our house on market in next week or so and also decluttering, now it seems to becoming more of a reality, coming out of our comfort zones a bit now, but still very exciting!!

It gets scarier and scarier! My wife is near a nervous breakdown now we've exchanged contracts, hopefully a few months in and the constant anxiety over whether it's the right move or not will be gone!

Guest Rachael M Bowen

We had our medicals today!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!! all seems fine on the health front. Hopefully the Doc will grade us A's and not require referrals for other tests. Sending off our Police checks Monday then it's just the waiting game.

week 9 in the Big Bowen House & STILL NO CASE OFFICER! :0(

Sold the sofa last night! We are now using a single mattress with heaps of cushions for the next 3 weeks :cute:

Exercise bike is sold pending collection.

Friend is buying our guest bed and our Weber BBQ.

So, all the large items we are not taking are now sold. Only left with the breakfast table and chairs and they can either go to the tip or charity shop at the last minute as will be using those right up till we go.

Taken even more to the tip, finished in the garden and only have to find a dry day to mow the lawns.

Our whatever the weather 'Were off to Aus' BBQ is this weekend. 50 plus people plus about 25 kids. Fab location at a local pub in their walled garden. They have a big undercover area where you can BBQ and lots of seating so we'll be sorted rain or shine. Only charge £25 for the use of a huge BBQ. Am pretty much sorted for it all, just have a buy and make a few sides dishes, cook the kids pizzas on the day and collect the burgers and rolls on the morning.

Our whatever the weather 'Were off to Aus' BBQ is this weekend. 50 plus people plus about 25 kids. Fab location at a local pub in their walled garden. They have a big undercover area where you can BBQ and lots of seating so we'll be sorted rain or shine. Only charge £25 for the use of a huge BBQ. Am pretty much sorted for it all, just have a buy and make a few sides dishes, cook the kids pizzas on the day and collect the burgers and rolls on the morning.

I hope you are doing it the aussie way and having everyone bring a plate of salad or dessert to share...

I hope you are doing it the aussie way and having everyone bring a plate of salad or dessert to share...

lol I wish. I can't really do that with a heap of the people as they are from hubby's work and so on. Also son invited about 8 friends and we extended the invite to the friends families, so parents and siblings. Making it more of a family affair. Can't ask them to bring stuff really then I feel. A fair few of my friends are bringing desserts for me though so I'll be fine. We've said we will provide the food and people can purchase drinks at the bar (as we are not allowed to bring our own as its a pub). I'm all sorted with the meat and side dish food. Big rice dish, pesto pasta and some sun dried tomato cous cous plus nachos, dip and veggies to nibble on. Should be fine.

Guest Rachael M Bowen
OMG! we have accepted an offer our house and our EOI has been submitted today, its all happening. Anyone give any time frames from when they submitted to when they were invited to apply? just as a guide X

EOI sent 25/6/13

invite 1/7/13

received our CO 19/9/13 10 weeks for 189 visa.

Completed form 80 today to get a little closer to living the dream x

Edited by Rachael M Bowen

Guest Rachael M Bowen
Left work yesterday after working with the same people for the last nine years.

At my mums this weekend saying goodbye.

:(

This is one of the things I'm dreading doing too, I will have worked with the same people for 10 years, even holiday'd with them, I have work mum, dad, brothers and sisters, even adopted siblings LOL! It's weird but dreading this as much as family goodbyes.

Guest Rachael M Bowen
Thanks Racheal, really helpful, Im a nurse too, very exciting isn't it! Have you only got to wait 10weeks for your visa? whats a form 80 ?

Sorry.... we waited 10 weeks for the case officer to be allocated, not for the visa Just got to send Form 80, waiting for DBS and medical results, then hopefully that all CO needs.

The Form 80 is a document that seems to be being asked for now (my agent said they don't usually ask for it to be filled in) Were you ever asked to provide dates for every time you left the UK over the past 10 years? and your job history etc? It's basically imputing all this information and more, they want details of your parents, siblings, education history going back to secondary education, all your work history not just 10 years, if you have been to Oz before etc. I had to complete one as the main applicant and Trev had to complete one with his information even though I'm the main applicant. We are using an agent so they sent us the forms and had part completed them for us as they had a lot of the info.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/80.pdf this is the link, if it doesn't work copy and paste in to address bar of go on DIAC and search forms & booklets- Form 80

hope this helps xx