What have you done today to get yourself to Aus?

snifter

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, BillyJo what good IELTS result you got. For me it has gone so fast from this time last year starting the process to the reality it can happen in a few months time. Our house sale is going through now and after watching this site for so long I cannot believe it is actually happening. I just hope I can make my parents believe in it too!!!

Wow, BillyJo what good IELTS result you got. For me it has gone so fast from this time last year starting the process to the reality it can happen in a few months time. Our house sale is going through now and after watching this site for so long I cannot believe it is actually happening. I just hope I can make my parents believe in it too!!!

Thanks SMK.

Good luck with the house sale.....we were lucky and put house up for sale last year....went on market on the Wednesday....sold on the Saturday for full asking price!

I feel you when it comes to parents....This is my biggest obstacle, they are very much in denial.

To make things more difficult, just found out that we are expecting our third child!

..........nothing changes........just a whole load more "stuff" to deal with emotionally.

Hi BillyJo

Congratulations on your news for your third child. I think the parent thing will always be hard especially when it comes to grandchildren. I went round today and my dad is not handling it well and keeps crying. However, we are so close to going and the boys really want to go so we are pushing ahead and hoping he will accept our decision. I guess nothing is easy but I know it will be worth it in the end.

Regards, Sue

Hi BillyJo

Congratulations on your news for your third child. I think the parent thing will always be hard especially when it comes to grandchildren. I went round today and my dad is not handling it well and keeps crying. However, we are so close to going and the boys really want to go so we are pushing ahead and hoping he will accept our decision. I guess nothing is easy but I know it will be worth it in the end.

Regards, Sue

Sue

Your Mum & Dad should hook up with my mother-in-law for an afternoon in Nottingham. She's taken it really well and is already planning skype and a trip to see us at Christmas 2015.

Helen

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Today we have started to clear our house of things we will not be taking on our move. The realism is now really beginning to set in and it has dawned on me how much I need to do before we move at the end of April!

I am getting excited and anxious, and the last few weeks have been a roller coaster. What with telling the parents and we have had a change in our rental, but hopefully now everything will move smoothly.

By the way Helen, my mum seems a lot better and dad is not crying everytime we see him, but I am sure this could decline as it gets nearer the move!

I am also looking forward to meeting everyone on the 29th at the meet up.

Sue:smile:

Guest Rachael M Bowen

Yes Helen it's a huge commitment when you hand your notice in, when I did mine at the end of January for a few weeks after i had the words "what have I done?????what have I done????" spinning around my head. .....Now I only have 38 working days left!!!!! But now I'm more excited that terrified. :0)

Selling selling and selling prior to serving notice and giving the move a go. Just getting a few bits done on the house prior to inviting agents in and getting estimates from shipping companies. It would seem our attempts of securing jobs from UK is taking too long so I guess we will have to take the plunge and hope for the best!

S

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jo and james a'bear

hi

today ive got a meeting at australa house to apply for our sons australian passport, them meeing my sister for a few cocktails to celebrate( any excuse!!)

Just finished filling in the preliminary assessment form for the Migration agent... Hoping I've crossed the T's and dotted the i's correctly. Really feel like we are acting rather than talking about migration now....makes me slightly nervous and excited at the same time... I don't often get gee'd up about stuff until it happens but this is different. Hope the fees aren't too shocking....x

• 3 weeks later...
Just finished filling in the preliminary assessment form for the Migration agent... Hoping I've crossed the T's and dotted the i's correctly. Really feel like we are acting rather than talking about migration now....makes me slightly nervous and excited at the same time... I don't often get gee'd up about stuff until it happens but this is different. Hope the fees aren't too shocking....x

Hi Jodi....yeah, I know the feeling! It is when you act rather than talk that the stomach starts to lurch!

Just got my skills assessment back yesterday after it was submitted late December 2013. All systems go!

Now in the middle of completing the State Nomination form. Didn't realise you needed to write a passage on the "Why do you want to go to South Australia and show evidence of how you have researched this"!!!!

Now trawling back through websites etc that I can remember to use as evidence?.........This forum will find its glorious, rightful place in the list :notworthy::biggrin:

Also just had to inform my agent that we are expecting another child......so we will see how this impacts on the process.

Back to "research" ......................

Guest Spratnat
Hi Jodi....yeah, I know the feeling! It is when you act rather than talk that the stomach starts to lurch!

Just got my skills assessment back yesterday after it was submitted late December 2013. All systems go!

Now in the middle of completing the State Nomination form. Didn't realise you needed to write a passage on the "Why do you want to go to South Australia and show evidence of how you have researched this"!!!!

Now trawling back through websites etc that I can remember to use as evidence?.........This forum will find its glorious, rightful place in the list :notworthy::biggrin:

Also just had to inform my agent that we are expecting another child......so we will see how this impacts on the process.

Back to "research" ......................

Hi would you mind if I asked you which skills assessment you did as I sent my ANMAC in mid January & still waiting & getting frustrated now with the waiting as desperate to move onto the next step!! Thanks, Nat .

• 1 month later...

Today I have supplied reference details to an employer in adelaide. I applied for my first job over there recently and have since had a skype interview which I think went well. They have asked for my references and I am hopeful it may lead to me securing the position. I'd be chuffed to land a job before I get over there, will also mean I could be there in less than two months!

• 4 weeks later...

l1sa atleast that is the horrible part over and done with!! We have been going through the application process since Jan 2013 and our parents still struggle to talk about it!! I think they believe we will change our minds!! but hopefully the process wont take too much longer!! Wishing you the best of luck in all you do

l1sa atleast that is the horrible part over and done with!! We have been going through the application process since Jan 2013 and our parents still struggle to talk about it!! I think they believe we will change our minds!! but hopefully the process wont take too much longer!! Wishing you the best of luck in all you do

Its often not easy on our loved ones. I think it can often be harder for them in the run up to actually leaving than once you are gone. Hope its not too stressful or upsetting for everyone.