What have you done today to get yourself to Aus?

snifter

Glad to see people are making use of this thread and posting their stuff. Nice to hear the snippets and how its all bringing people one step closer.

Have to say, been here since the start of October, so 3 and a bit months now and really happy. Been a positive experience for all of us. Sure we've had a few niggles and bumps but nothing we didn't expect.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rachael M Bowen

seems lots of people moving out to Adelaide this year .

we have our house on the market for 7 days now and had 3 viewings already and a second viewing Saturday so looks promising. Also now getting shipping quotes and people to sort our money and pensions. it's becoming very real now and not just a fantasy. we are excited and scared at the same time!!!!

Guest Rachael M Bowen

Today we sold our house whilst enjoying coffee and cake with MandiMR2!!!¡ 11 days on the market 3 viewings 3 offers that's without a sale board or photographs on the net!¡ and just had call from my neighbour saying her son wants to buy our house too!!!!! Talk about buses lolx fingers crossed all goes well and we can tick this off our long list of things to do on the road to Adelaide..... Ok Robbie sang about the road to mandolin but Adelaide work's for me x

Guest MandiMR2

Today I'm looking at quotes for our 1 way flights to Adelaide for next month!!!!!...

Here's what I've got so far...

IOM (International Organisation for Migration) have given us a good price of £660pp with Malaysian or £685pp with Emirates both with 40kg luggage allowance each.

Ebookers quoted £659 with Singapore with 32kg luggage.

Any other suggestions are most welcome thanku, Mandi x

Yesterday we took the Aussie overseas child immunisation form to our GP to fill in along with him

providing a letter so we can send them off to Medicare once we get to Adelaide so our little girl stays up to date with her jabs!! Also read on the government site that if kiddies are not up to date with jabs and records haven't been provided of what was given overseas by a GP you can't claim for certain things I.e child care costs! The medical centre are charging £25 though for this!

Today I'm looking at quotes for our 1 way flights to Adelaide for next month!!!!!...

Here's what I've got so far...

IOM (International Organisation for Migration) have given us a good price of £660pp with Malaysian or £685pp with Emirates both with 40kg luggage allowance each.

Ebookers quoted £659 with Singapore with 32kg luggage.

Any other suggestions are most welcome thanku, Mandi x

Are you on an unvalidated permanent visa? If so you should get an extra 10kg with Singapore airlines.

My preference is always Singapore as I like the airline and route.

Guest Guest75
Today we sold our house whilst enjoying coffee and cake with MandiMR2!!!¡ 11 days on the market 3 viewings 3 offers that's without a sale board or photographs on the net!¡ and just had call from my neighbour saying her son wants to buy our house too!!!!! Talk about buses lolx fingers crossed all goes well and we can tick this off our long list of things to do on the road to Adelaide..... Ok Robbie sang about the road to mandolin but Adelaide work's for me x

Congratulations!!! That is such a quick sale!! Nice to be in demand.

Guest Rachael M Bowen
Congratulations!!! That is such a quick sale!! Nice to be in demand.

yeah it was, but we have done a lot of work to it when we bought it 3 years ago, all new electrics and gas, knocked through walls, even all new skirting boards etc, so anyone can unpack and start living straight away. when we bought it we never thought we would move again let alone emigrate!! the other weird thing is about this house is the family that lived here their 2 boys emigrated to melbourne about 20 odd years ago so this house certainly has an Australian vibe!!! when we were completing the sale we had to send all the legal documents over to melbourne and this was when the dust cloud grounded all the planes!! it could only happen to us LOL.....

I got the form from the human services website. It didn't mention about anything else being accepted, im

also taking the red book but for £25 i would rather have that aswell just to be on the safe side. Easier to get it while we're here rather than trying to sort it while in Aus. I will try and post a link x

I got the form from the human services website. It didn't mention about anything else being accepted, im

also taking the red book but for £25 i would rather have that aswell just to be on the safe side. Easier to get it while we're here rather than trying to sort it while in Aus. I will try and post a link x

Thanks for that! That's great! X

After searching the entire house for 3 hours we finally discovered that the birth certificates we needed for visa app were exactly where they should have been.....in behind the copies! .....DOH!!

Took kids to local supermarket for passport photo's in one of those little booths.....It was absolutely freezing so their pictures look like they have just been lifted out of my freezer....perfect look for the required image though :)

All paperwork now ready to go to agent for collation....still waiting on skills assessment to come back.

Going to start some practice tests for IELTS from tomorrow night in preparation for the real thing on 15th Feb.

Guest Rachael M Bowen

Today I have handed my notice in at work!!!!!! No going back now!!!!!! I will leave 16th May, our container will arrive approx 28th, we move out of the house 31st!!!! All of June will be our non dying bucket list time.....going to see lots of places we've never been and lots of places we have been but want to go one last time!!!!!! xxxxx

Been looking at cars for sale... I've lived in Australia for two years previously and had forgotten how expensive they are. Still asking good money for old cars with High K's, haven't seen much worth buying for under $4000!

I am still thinking/searching/scratching my head whether to bring my BMW X3 or not.....

X3 are cr4p IMO, sell it and buy a land cruiser or a ute or a proton or a nissan or a Holden or a rav or a skoda......get the message yet? Just sell the blooming thing European cars are not cost effective over here especially an X3. Even Jeremy Clarkson thinks they are cr4p, poor mans 4x4 with no ground clearance.

Edited by zealander