British chippy.

Blossom

Wow, the last time I took fish and chips home to eat would have been in about 1988 :cute:

Since then, when I've eaten them its always been on a day out during a holiday or something. Sitting scoffing fish and chips in St Ives while fending off the seagulls and all that :mad:

I recall we grabbed fish and chips down in Victor one evening after a day out down there. Had gotten really chilly and so we ended up back in the car chowing down but had been sat on a bench looking out over the water.

Maybe its me but eating that kind of food, always tastes way better eaten out of the paper then and there. Preferably while parked on a bench with a view. With decent ketchup.

My annual chippy summer visit right there. Well, at least every 2nd to 3rd year :cute:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Semaphore fish and chip shop (Soros?) does the best chips and lovely fish, and is just a short stroll from the Semaphore seafront. Many's the day we've sat eating our fish and chips watching the sun go down over the sea, never making the mistake of giving a single chip to the seagulls while we're still eating...or it ends up like a scene from Alfred Hitchcock! Their chips were voted best in Adelaide I think - they cut them all from proper potatoes, never use frozen pre-cut ones, and you can really taste the difference. Highly recommended. And Australian.

Well for un healthy my favourite food are mac d's... KFC... Fish and chips got some today from Port noaralunga de-bloody-liscious and my favourite can of fizz is the VERY bad V ... But i do nibble on the occasional lettuce leaf just to make myself feel a tad healthy :-) :-) :-)

Oi ain't nofink cheap bout me only de best whitelighting cider 4 pound for 10 litres ;)

Well quick as a flash, I expect hubby thinks your worth a million $....................... or is it cost him a million? not sure now as 'hee ol' scrumpy 'as fuddled me noggin!!

Drink up ye ci......der, drink up ye ci......der, for tonights the night !!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!:biglaugh:

Well for un healthy my favourite food are mac d's... KFC... Fish and chips got some today from Port noaralunga de-bloody-liscious and my favourite can of fizz is the VERY bad V ... But i do nibble on the occasional lettuce leaf just to make myself feel a tad healthy :-) :-) :-)

you have got to be careful with how much lettuce you eat, a mate of mine had a lettuce leaf coming out of his backside, so he went to the Dr's, and the Dr has a look and starts tut, tutting, my mate asks is it bad doc? the Dr replys........"mate, it's just the tip of the iceberg"

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest75

Talking of chippies......................just downloading a UK TV consumer program (with "Dom") in.

One topic is about chippies selling "fake fish"???

Fake fish??? Interesting to see what it is.

• 4 weeks later...
Went to Blighty's this evening and guess what, no fish! How can they call themselves a Fish and Chip shop when they don't have fish ? So much for Friday being fish night, very disappointed. Oh and the chips are too greasy. Overpriced too.

That's pretty poor.

Although on three occasions I've been to KFC when they have run out of chicken! And I don't go there often! Luckily one of those times I was mystery shopping the store. :D

Many local people (myself included) said before this takeaway even opened that it would have to be very good to succeed. The hub area has many other places where you can eat with plenty of choice too, most are better located......also worth noting is Red rooster and Pizza hut closed their branches some time back.

Many local people (myself included) said before this takeaway even opened that it would have to be very good to succeed. The hub area has many other places where you can eat with plenty of choice too, most are better located......also worth noting is Red rooster and Pizza hut closed their branches some time back.

I thought it was a huge success? Long queues and rave reviews.

Went to Blighty's this evening and guess what, no fish! How can they call themselves a Fish and Chip shop when they don't have fish ? So much for Friday being fish night, very disappointed. Oh and the chips are too greasy. Overpriced too.

That is the first time ever I have heard of a fish and chip shop not having any fish at all. On occasion one might have run out of haddock (mainly as not a big seller so keep less in stock etc) or plaice but to not have any to sell is not good for business at all.

Shame people are not having good experiences as it was heavily promoted and hyped. Perhaps it will live up to expectations once they iron out their supply problems and other things. Do they have too much choice on the menu iykwim? Could it do with streamlining and just concentrating on doing the basics well before adding more? Or is it like that already?

Saying all that, we are in Lyme Regis ATM and will later be stopping off at one of the best chippy's in the area. Then going to sit on the beach to scoff them while fending off the seagulls. Proper English style scoffing :P my annual fish and chip dinner by the sea. Unless we find a place doing a good steak.