887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Was playing silent follower hoping to get that golden email😪 has not worked.applied 8 january 2018 requested documents in May 2019.i v complained and emailed but no feedback guess it's all a waiting game my side.

Congratulations to all who have received their grants

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, 8jan said:

Was playing silent follower hoping to get that golden email😪 has not worked.applied 8 january 2018 requested documents in May 2019.i v complained and emailed but no feedback guess it's all a waiting game my side.

Congratulations to all who have received their grants

I think they are not even acknowledging our complaints. I send one yesterday but no response yet. Applied 26th Jan 2018.

3 minutes ago, Kajal said:

Hi guys, am new to this forum.

Have applied for 887 on the 23thFeb2018, have never  been contacted till now by any CO. Do you guys know if I should make a complaint. Thanks 

You can file compliant as soon as you are over the stipulated timeline which is 16-18 months.

59 minutes ago, Dee said:

You can file compliant as soon as you are over the stipulated timeline which is 16-18 months.

There is a high chance of the time frame getting changed to become more than 18 months before he submits his complaint... Is there really no grant at all today? ffs.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Katie said:

Oh well at least you got a fast response 

I will reply them soon asking them how my friend who applied on 26/06/19 could receive his grant 2 weeks ago if the time frame is 16-18 months. And his situation and mine are the same. Meaning single applicant... which is not a complex application...

2 minutes ago, Delfin said:

I will reply them soon asking them how my friend who applied on 26/06/19 could receive his grant 2 weeks ago if the time frame is 16-18 months. And his situation and mine are the same. Meaning single applicant... which is not a complex application...

Do you mean 26/6/18?

I would recommend anyone expecting to apply for 887 , applied and got the grant after an unfair waiting period or still waiting , to take few minutes of your time and send an email with your story and how this delay in processing 887 affect us specially when the government is saying that they want people to stay in regional but then by making processing times from being 3 - 6 months a while ago to purposely pushing it to more than 18 months and making our lives and plans in settling in regional a nightmare , can't buy a house , can't go to uni , can't upskill to get a job , cant get a job on bridging visa , can't start a business and do business freely without worrying about breaching visa conditions , asking for documents already submitted and delaying files again , Also visa costs 300 something so i believe if they are not efficiently processing our visas within a reasonable time frame even for simpler and straight forward files then they are wasting tax payers money too because for sure the visa fee of 887 can't cover all the co's salary and it has to come from aus  tax payers , we go through security , background , character and health checks same as PR's when we applied for 489 and 887 stage has just two straightforward criteria to fulfill and 12- 18 + months to assess and process this visa is ridiculous , also if they do this to us and moved processing from being 3 - 4 months once to 18 + months now , they can do the same to new regional visa they are planning to introduce , they will also make them wait many more years in regional when they reach pr stage so i beleive this will concern prospective visa applicant for new version of 489 aswel , if more of us write to them then they will probably write it on news , and will probably contact immi for comments which could let 887 processing unit know that people have started to talk about this and take action to make sure they process our files efficiently without unfairly delaying them for no reason 

please send your stories to follwing reporter sbs news  also metion how the government can delay pr stage of new visas so they know that this is a story that will interest more people from continents that use these visa or planning to use these visas , we have to make sure that prospective readers of sbs will be interested in this story so we have to connect show them how thisholders of this new planned newer version of 489 will also struggle if the gov do the same once they reach pr stage, take few minutes and write to them , if more of us share they will atleast consider writing about this

lin.evlin@sbs.com.au

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, alsk said:

Guys, do we get bridging visa if our 489 gets expired once you apply for 887? Do we have exact working rights under bridging visa?

Appreciate someone can clarify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you’ve get all the same rights if you stay in Australia 

But....... 

You can’t leave Oz unless you come back on another visa. 

And if your visa is refused you have 35 days to leave Australia 

We are two days passed our expired 489 😢 

• Like 1

Yes you’ve get all the same rights if you stay in Australia 
But....... 
You can’t leave Oz unless you come back on another visa. 
And if your visa is refused you have 35 days to leave Australia 

We are two days passed our expired 489 [emoji22] 

Thanks Katie. Hope you got your BVA as I read they issue automatically once you lodge 887.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alsk said:

Thanks Katie. Hope you got your BVA as I read they issue automatically once you lodge 887.

Yes we got it the day after we submitted our 887 applications January 2018

Fingers crossed for us all 🤞🙏🏻

25 minutes ago, Katie said:

Yes we got it the day after we submitted our 887 applications January 2018

Fingers crossed for us all 🤞🙏🏻

Hi Katie, I hope things will go right for you. If I may ask, how many payslips did you give immi and are they all from one employer?

9 hours ago, alsk said:

Guys, do we get bridging visa if our 489 gets expired once you apply for 887? Do we have exact working rights under bridging visa?

Appreciate someone can clarify.

Yes, because your substantive visa is 489, whatever your working rights will stay the same until the new visa comes.