887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

3 hours ago, bbb said:

I am new to this thread so I just want to share my timeline from 489 to 887.

24 Sep 2015 granted 489;

27 Mar 2016 landed in Australia, and was back to my country on 3 Apr 2016; 3 nights in Sydney and 4 nights in regional area. 

17 Aug 2017 landed in Australia regional area until now;

11 Aug 2019 I lodged my 887 visa application. I think I already totally stayed in Australia two years. Is my understanding correct? or I have to wait after 17 Aug 2019.

I received bridging visa and it will be effective some days later on 25 Sep 2019. There is no condition in the bridging visa. Can I move to the big city after 25 Sep 2019? 

33 minutes ago, Skaur said:

Can someone guide me how to apply bridging b visa please 

through your immi account: 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/bridging-visa-b-020

3 hours ago, bbb said:

24 Sep 2015 granted 489;

27 Mar 2016 landed in Australia, and was back to my country on 3 Apr 2016; 3 nights in Sydney and 4 nights in regional area. 

11 Aug 2019 I lodged my 887 visa application. I think I already totally stayed in Australia two years. Is my understanding correct? or I have to wait after 17 Aug 2019.

I received bridging visa and it will be effective some days later on 25 Sep 2019. There is no condition in the bridging visa. Can I move to the big city after 25 Sep 2019? 

Hi @bbb, please make sure you have stayed in regional Australia for at least 730 days. 17 Aug 2017 to 11 Aug 2019 is only 725 days. Even if you are one day short they may reject, so be very careful. 🙂 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Russki said:

Hi @bbb, please make sure you have stayed in regional Australia for at least 730 days. 17 Aug 2017 to 11 Aug 2019 is only 725 days. Even if you are one day short they may reject, so be very careful. 🙂 

Thanks Russki very much.

Will the case officer consider my short landed time from 27032016 to 03042016? 

I do need think it over. 

No grants ...what a harassment by immi department...they dont care about us ...i am feeling stuck ...blaming myself for choosing this visa category... yeah its my fault...but they ( immi department) should also stick on what they are saying  when i applied for 887 the processing time was 7-9 months...its alright we can understand that department may be fallen behind in processing but that  thing can be covered by 1 month or we can say 2 months but there is no point that they can't process the files in 1.5 yrs ...its very clear that intentionally they not processing our files and want us to stay in regional area for longer time..they can't understand that our situations...some of us have kids to go to go to uni ...some of us can't get their desire jobs because they need PR people..some of us can buy house..etc ...i dont know if i am wrong or not but what i am thinking that we might need to protest against immigration department than there is a chance that may be the processing time for 887 visa can be decreased ...its just my thinking...if not for ourselves  but we can make things easy for those who just applied for 887 ..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kamal said:

No grants ...what a harassment by immi department...they dont care about us ...i am feeling stuck ...blaming myself for choosing this visa category... yeah its my fault...but they ( immi department) should also stick on what they are saying  when i applied for 887 the processing time was 7-9 months...its alright we can understand that department may be fallen behind in processing but that  thing can be covered by 1 month or we can say 2 months but there is no point that they can't process the files in 1.5 yrs ...its very clear that intentionally they not processing our files and want us to stay in regional area for longer time..they can't understand that our situations...some of us have kids to go to go to uni ...some of us can't get their desire jobs because they need PR people..some of us can buy house..etc ...i dont know if i am wrong or not but what i am thinking that we might need to protest against immigration department than there is a chance that may be the processing time for 887 visa can be decreased ...its just my thinking...if not for ourselves  but we can make things easy for those who just applied for 887 ..

I live in Queanbeyan.. I am in for protest in front of parliament house 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bbb said:

Thanks Russki very much.

Will the case officer consider my short landed time from 27032016 to 03042016? 

I do need think it over. 

from 17/08/2017 to 11/08/2019 is 725 days , and you spent 4 nights in regional which totals to 729 days , so it looks like your'e short 1 day to fulfill the at least 2 years ( 730 days) stay in regional requirement. Co will count the days you actually spent in regional for 2 year regional stay requirement therefore the few days you spent  in non regional sydney from your initial arrival won't be counted and this can lead to a refusal even if you're one or two days short , my opinion is that it's best to withdraw and re submit the application for peace of mind 

13 hours ago, Dee said:

Can you please be more clear with your question??

Hello Dee,

I want to know my son goes to Kindy, hence which all document I need regarding his education?

I have got only tax invoice which I pay to them?

Do we need any reference letter from Kindy?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ashi said:

Hello Dee,

I want to know my son goes to Kindy, hence which all document I need regarding his education?

I have got only tax invoice which I pay to them?

Do we need any reference letter from Kindy?

I am still not very clear but i will take a shot - i am hoping that your question is around applying 887 application. If yes; then you only need to provide fee invoices and that should be good enough.

On 8/14/2019 at 2:05 PM, HelloMan said:

FAQ

1. How long are police certificates valid for?

A. One year.

2. How do I apply for AFP?

A. Visit the following link for more information - https://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/services/criminal-records/national-police-checks.

3. Do I need police certificates for all the countries that I have visited before applying for 887, even if I visited those countries for just 1-2 weeks?

A. It depends on the Case Officer (CO). If possible then get it so that you do not have to waste time when CO asks for it. 

4. What proof do I have to give for residence and employment?

A. All the documents that you need for this is clearly provided in the application.

5. I shared accommodation with a friend, what proof do I need to give for residence?

A. You can provide a Stat Dec from your friend mentioning that your were residing with your friend. Provide all the letters/documents/registrations/bills that you got in that address such as insurance letters, car registration, phone bills etc.

6. Do I have to certify all the documents?

A. You do not have to but CO may ask for it. Therefore, if you want, then you can prepare it beforehand to save time.

7. How can I create HAP ID for my child?

A. It has to be created by the CO. You may call or email or fill out the suggestion form online to ask for it in advance to save time.

8. Do I have to submit form 80?

A. Yes you have to.

9. Do I have to submit form 1221?

A. Not necessary but CO may ask for it. 

10. If I go overseas, do I have to make up that time before applying for 887 visa? 

A. Generally four weeks of paid annual leave for each year is allowed. However, there is no set rule on this one, it depends on the CO. If it is more than four weeks a year then you should definitely make up the time before applying for 887 visa. 

11. Can my 887 visa be granted if I am overseas?

A. No.

12. Does secondary applicant also have to meet the requirement for residency?

A. No, only the primary applicant has to meet the requirement, secondary applicant does not have to fulfill two years of residency. But when in Australia, secondary applicant must comply to 489 visa conditions, meaning living in regional area.

13. Where can I find the 887 data tracker?

A. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1ApeHDAjEH60WFBNLeq14wvGzegiqGC4KD0U-OyH_w6U/htmlview#.

14. How long are English Language tests valid for?

A. Generally one year, especially if the results show functional English (ie average band of at least 4.5 in IELTS) . However, for vocational English and higher level of English, test results are valid for 3 years. Test results need to be valid at the time of lodgement of 887 visa. It does not matter if they expire whilst waiting for the 887 visa grant. More information can be found in the following link - https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/functional-english.

15. Does primary applicant have to provide English language test results for 887 visa?

A. No.

16. Can I complain if I am within the global processing time?

A. You can complain or provide comment or suggestion at any time but make sure to be polite. 

17. What should I do to lodge a complain?

A. Visit the following link to lodge a complain online - https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-and-support/departmental-forms/online-forms/complaints-compliments-and-suggestions or call 133 177. 

Credit

@Stellajane @Freddy

When we complain, do they reply back  on our email?

Senior members, would you be so kind and have a look at the FAQ post that HelloMan made on page 1475 and suggest amendments or contributions where possible or necessary?

Much appreciated.

@HelloMan

my small amendments to the FAQ list:

Q2 How do I apply for AFP and how long is it valid for?

A. Visit the following link …. (as per what you wrote already).  Note that the AFP is valid for 1 year and please remember to request a new AFP when reaching the expiry date. Upload your new AFP to your 887 application on time, so you will not get delayed by your CO requesting an updated AFP.

Q11 Can my 887 be granted if I am overseas?

A. No, all applicants need to be within Australia to be granted. If overseas when CO wants to grant your application, you will receive a "pre-grant" from your CO meaning that you can only receive your grant when back in Australia. Upon arrival in Australia, please contact your CO so he can arrange your final grant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FAQ

A. One year.

2. How do I apply for AFP and how long is it valid for?

A. Visit the following link for more information - https://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/services/criminal-records/national-police-checksNote that the AFP is valid for 1 year and please remember to request a new AFP when reaching the expiry date. Upload the new AFP to your 887 application on time to ensure that you do not get delayed by the Case Officer (CO) requesting an updated AFP.

3. Do I need police certificates for all the countries that I have visited before applying for 887, even if I visited those countries for just 1-2 weeks?

A. It depends on the CO. If possible then get it so that you do not have to waste time when CO asks for it. 

A. All the documents that you need for this is clearly provided in the application.

5. I shared accommodation with a friend, what proof do I need to give for residence?

A. You can provide a Stat Dec from your friend mentioning that your were residing with your friend. Provide all the letters/documents/registrations/bills that you got in that address such as insurance letters, car registration, phone bills etc.

A. You do not have to but CO may ask for it. Therefore, if you want, then you can prepare it beforehand to save time.

A. It has to be created by the CO. You may call or email or fill out the suggestion form online to ask for it in advance to save time.

A. Yes you have to.

10. If I go overseas, do I have to make up that time before applying for 887 visa? 

A. Generally four weeks of paid annual leave for each year is allowed. However, there is no set rule on this one, it depends on the CO. If it is more than four weeks a year then you should definitely make up the time before applying for 887 visa. 

A. No, all applicants need to be within Australia to be granted. If you or any other person included in your application is overseas when the CO wants to grant the application, you will receive a "pre-grant" from the CO meaning that you can only receive your grant when you or the other applicants are back in Australia. Upon arrival in Australia, please contact the CO so that they can arrange the final grant..

A. No, only the primary applicant has to meet the requirement, secondary applicant does not have to fulfill two years of residency. But when in Australia, secondary applicant must comply to 489 visa conditions, meaning living in regional area.

A. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1ApeHDAjEH60WFBNLeq14wvGzegiqGC4KD0U-OyH_w6U/htmlview#.

A. Generally one year, especially if the results show functional English (ie average band of at least 4.5 in IELTS) . However, for vocational English and higher level of English, test results are valid for 3 years. Test results need to be valid at the time of lodgement of 887 visa. It does not matter if they expire whilst waiting for the 887 visa grant. More information can be found in the following link - https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/english-language/functional-english.

15. Does primary applicant have to provide English language test results for 887 visa?

A. No.

A. You can complain or provide comment or suggestion at any time but make sure to be polite. 

A. Visit the following link to lodge a complain online - https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-and-support/departmental-forms/online-forms/complaints-compliments-and-suggestions or call 133 177. 

Credit

@Stellajane @Freddy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, bbb said:

24 Sep 2015 granted 489;

Please note:

887.22--Criteria to be satisfied at time of decision

(1)  While the applicant was the holder of:

(a)  a Skilled--Independent Regional (Provisional) (Class UX) visa; or

(b)  a Skilled--Designated Area-sponsored (Provisional) (Class UZ) visa; or

(c)  a Subclass 475 (Skilled--Regional Sponsored) visa; or

(d)  a Subclass 487 (Skilled--Regional Sponsored) visa; or

(e)  a Skilled--Regional Sponsored (Provisional) (Class SP) visa;

the applicant must have substantially complied with the conditions to which that visa is or was subject.

1 hour ago, HelloMan said:

FAQ

A. One year.

2. How do I apply for AFP and how long is it valid for?

A. Visit the following link for more information - https://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/services/criminal-records/national-police-checksNote that the AFP is valid for 1 year and please remember to request a new AFP when reaching the expiry date. Upload the new AFP to your 887 application on time to ensure that you do not get delayed by the Case Officer (CO) requesting an updated AFP.

A. It depends on the CO. If possible then get it so that you do not have to waste time when CO asks for it. 

A. Yes you have to.

A. No, all applicants need to be within Australia to be granted. If you or any other person included in your application is overseas when the CO wants to grant the application, you will receive a "pre-grant" from the CO meaning that you can only receive your grant when you or the other applicants are back in Australia. Upon arrival in Australia, please contact the CO so that they can arrange the final grant..

A. No.

Credit

@Stellajane @Freddy

Good works. I would suggest to save this info on spreadsheets as well. So in future it will be easy for everyone to read.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KC01 said:

Good works. I would suggest to save this info on spreadsheets as well. So in future it will be easy for everyone to read.

Good job and good idea. There is an "Info" tab in the 887 visa tracker excel file, perhaps can add this Q&A in there?

• Like 2

Hi all,  i am planning to apply 887 next month.  i have applied 489 subsequent entry for my wife but  unfortunately visa got rejected.  now for 489 subsequent visa processing time is about 13 months. and  So could someone please suggest should i apply 887  and apply spouse visa later or wait for my wife 489 subsequent entry visa and apply 887.