887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

34 minutes ago, Satish said:

3000+ applications in 6 months? That is huge number.

3000 includes secondary applicants also..that means if we consider on an average 3 members in each application then..3000/3 = 1000 applications in total

1000/7(months)= 142 (rounded)

So 142  applications in each month, that's not a big number..

And also refusals

In 8 years 415 refused.

If we calculate that is less than 1%. So success rate is 99% that is very impressive..

Edited by kumar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hello all

I requested DHA to release number of 887 visa applicants lodged between Sep 2018 to March 2019. And also number of 887 visa refusals from 2010 to 2018. 

I hope the stats helps. 
6C9FD030-B05A-48A8-A91D-C9BA14A3DDF4.thumb.png.692fa89fa5d4cf3e07c09cee442e8108.png

The number includes secondary applicants.....assuming average 2 secondary applicants in each application, number of applications will be probably in the range of 1000? Cheers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Aussie 12 said:

Visa 887

Processing times

• 75% of applications: 18 months
  • 90% of applications: 18 months

We are currently assessing applications submitted before November 2018

Great news.. by mid next year it will be back to the normal 6/7 months.. 

The efforts put in is showing results, not discounting to the fact that number of applications have gone down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, March9th2019 said:

Hello all

I requested DHA to release number of 887 visa applicants lodged between Sep 2018 to March 2019. And also number of 887 visa refusals from 2010 to 2018. 

I hope the stats helps. 

6C9FD030-B05A-48A8-A91D-C9BA14A3DDF4.png

Good work... good to know this..

I think they should be publishing this data on a monthly basis to keep the process transparent ..  without a need of FOI.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kumar said:

3000 includes secondary applicants also..that means if we consider on an average 3 members in each application then..3000/3 = 1000 applications in total

1000/7(months)= 142 (rounded)

So 142  applications in each month, that's not a big number..

And also refusals

In 8 years 415 refused.

If we calculate that is less than 1%. So success rate is 99% that is very impressive..

I did the exact calculations last night as well 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Kajal said:

Hi, Am waiting since 23Feb

You need to submit complaint on Compliments, complaints and suggestions or call on 133177 and explain your situation politely manner. If your email is not authorised point of contact please asked your migration agent to submit complaint on your behalf as you have already paid some service fees as well. 

I suggest you call them directly 133177 and Let them your situation.

Also make sure all the documents which has expiry date, please update that.

Hello everyone!

Hope you are all well,  I am going to apply in March 2020 for 887 from 489 visa. My 2 year of regional living will be fulfilled in March as I arrived in March 2018 with 489. Now my questions are what are the steps that I can take to prepare myself for the 887 lodging at the moment. I was thinking of logging in my immi account and fill the steps that could be done ahead; but its not letting me do it at the moment may be because it is still not 2 years yet. Please direct me to the right direction so that I can prepare myself ahead for my 887 application. I am on 489 Visa along with my Husband and a child of 7 year old. I am the main applicant and quite curios as time is getting closer for the application.

Thanks

SI

20 hours ago, MZH said:

I think you can provide your degree Transcript , certificate, completion letter as well as a cover letter explaining that you have Australian two years qualifications. Then  it would be fine. 

Thanks MZH

Already done that provided all the documnets requested.i am.wondering if I will be in queue of again 3 mnths or will they process that soon. Because i called immigration office directly and they said they have placed a note on my file.hope for best

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, qsj83 said:

Thanks MZH

Already done that provided all the documnets requested.i am.wondering if I will be in queue of again 3 mnths or will they process that soon. Because i called immigration office directly and they said they have placed a note on my file.hope for best

Good Luck mate.

Hello my friends today I received PCC. Can someone explain me the following statement. Is it good?

It is certified that there is no adverse information against Mr. ********* s/o ***********, holder Indian passport No ******, issues at *********** on ******* which would render him ineligible for IMMIGRATION PURPOSES OTHER THAN CITIZENSHIP for COMMONWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA.

Im concerned about the word “ineligible”. I mean the line. Please explain. I have received physical copy of PCC. That’s exactly what is mentioned in PCC along with the photo and native country stamps. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, March9th2019 said:

Hello my friends today I received PCC. Can someone explain me the following statement. Is it good?

It is certified that there is no adverse information against Mr. ********* s/o ***********, holder Indian passport No ******, issues at *********** on ******* which would render him ineligible for IMMIGRATION PURPOSES OTHER THAN CITIZENSHIP for COMMONWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA.

Im concerned about the word “ineligible”. I mean the line. Please explain. I have received physical copy of PCC. That’s exactly what is mentioned in PCC along with the photo and native country stamps. 

I just checked my and spouse's pcc it states exactly same so don't worry 

Edited by Skaur
  • Like 2