887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Go to immi account and click on"update details" then go to change of passport details.

select the applicant from the list, this allows you to enter new passport details and later you have to attach the passport copies in the form.

once you finish this, it will automatically attached your form and passport copies tor attachment list in your application. no need to attach it separately in file.

you can also get the acknowledgement message in message section.

same way you can add new passport details in your current visa(i.e 489) and your VEVO will updated within 24 hrs. and you can check your VEVO after that.

No need to call them. just do it online.

i did mine 2 weeks back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Russki said:

This is a wonderful and positive message! 🙂 🙂 Thank you, it is like a ray of sunshine in our doom and gloom 😄  

I think we are not so much upset about the timeframe of 16 months, but the way we are treated. When you applying for a visa and you see 4-6 months processing time on immi account, you plan your life accordingly. But then every month the waiting time increases and increases endlessly, it is very hard to accept mentally. This is the situation we are in. If we applied all those months ago knowing that the wait will be long and painful, we would have prepared better for it. 😉  Uncertainty is the worst.

As an example, I could have visited my family and helped my mum while she was sick while my 489 visa was still valid. But I waited and waited and hoped to get 887 in time, - eventually, my 887 didn't come and 489 visa lapsed and now I am stuck. My mum back in Russia was sick and I could not help. 😞 

We just want the department to be have a more transparent process, and not treat us like voiceless slaves. In the past it was very different. 🙂 

I completely agree with you Russki. 🙂

Australia's national anthem is Advance Australia Fair. But with the manner they are treating us immigrants and the many times they've made us wait for 15-16 months that cost us a great deal in taking better opportunities, I'm starting to doubt and asking myself - Where's the FAIRNESS here? Are those words mean something? Or just an empty and meaningless expression of national identity? Are they saying to us - Welcome to Australia?!?

• Like 2

Today I called immigration to let them know that I almost completed 14 months but my file is yet to open.

I politely asked them about the status of my file. Getting all the details from me they kept me waiting for 5 minutes and replied that - All Good and being processed. When I was asking further out of my long accumulated impatience the person gently reminded me that , currently 75% of 887 are being processed in 15 months and 90% in 16 months.

He gave me a final advice ... Please wait till you reach the timeline.......!

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

On 4/13/2019 at 6:03 PM, dar8 said:

Migration regulation - instrument for 887 eligibility criteria says following - file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/F2013C00062VOL05 (6).pdf

The applicant must have lived in a specified regional area for a total of at least 2 years as the holder of 1 or more of the following visas:

(a) a Skilled — Independent Regional (Provisional) (Class UX) visa;

(b) a Skilled — Designated Area-sponsored (Provisional) (Class UZ) visa;

(c) a Subclass 475 (Skilled — Regional Sponsored) visa;

(d) a Subclass 487 (Skilled — Regional Sponsored) visa;

(e) a Skilled — Regional Sponsored (Provisional) (Class SP) visa;

(f) a Bridging A (Class WA) visa, or a Bridging B (Class WB) visa, that was granted on the basis of a valid application for: (i) a Skilled — Independent Regional (Provisional) (Class UX) visa; or (ii) a Skilled (Provisional) (Class VC) visa; or (iii) a Skilled — Regional Sponsored (Provisional) (Class SP) visa.

887.213 The applicant must have worked full-time in a specified regional area for a total of at least 1 year as the holder of 1 or more of the visas mentioned in clause 887.212.

if your bridging visa was one of above in (f) 489 belongs to (e)  i think the duration you spent on the bridging visa from the day it came into effect counts 

Hello Dar8, thanks for posting the detailed information about my queries. Yes, my bridging visa was in f category and 489 belongs to e. However, I applied Bridging visa B to travel overseas and was granted but it was no use as I got 489 visa after 5 days and travelled. So, do you think bridging visa B impacts the two years count? 

12 hours ago, IFTI said:

Today I called immigration to let them know that I almost completed 14 months but my file is yet to open.

I politely asked them about the status of my file. Getting all the details from me they kept me waiting for 5 minutes and replied that - All Good and being processed. When I was asking further out of my long accumulated impatience the person gently reminded me that , currently 75% of 887 are being processed in 15 months and 90% in 16 months.

He gave me a final advice ... Please wait till you reach the timeline.......!

Unbelievable. 

• Like 2

Tried applying for my 887 application today got this error 😞 I applied for my onshore 489 application on 17th April 2017 and was granted a bridging visa A. I got my 489 grant in Jan 2018 does it mean my time wont be counted while I was on bridging visa? If some one can please clarify on this matter that would be great. I spoke to my colleague who is a migration agent and he told me I am eligible to lodge the visa the time I was granted bridging visa. 

887.PNG

9 minutes ago, VM0101 said:

Tried applying for my 887 application today got this error 😞 I applied for my onshore 489 application on 17th April 2017 and was granted a bridging visa A. I got my 489 grant in Jan 2018 does it mean my time wont be counted while I was on bridging visa? If some one can please clarify on this matter that would be great. I spoke to my colleague who is a migration agent and he told me I am eligible to lodge the visa the time I was granted bridging visa. 

887.PNG

Mate you won’t be able to lodge this visa as 489 bridging visa won’t count in this 2 years period I confirmed with Homeaffairs when I lodged my file 

• Sad 2

15 minutes ago, Kmonga09 said:

Mate you won’t be able to lodge this visa as 489 bridging visa won’t count in this 2 years period I confirmed with Homeaffairs when I lodged my file 

Thanks for your reply, did you advised them about what is mentioned in the migration regulations? do you think it will be good to argue as it is mentioned in the migration law. Please see the details below 

887.212 The applicant must have lived in a specified regional area for
a total of at least 2 years as the holder of 1 or more of the
following visas:
(a) a Skilled — Independent Regional (Provisional)
(Class UX) visa;
(b) a Skilled — Designated Area-sponsored (Provisional)
(Class UZ) visa;
(c) a Subclass 475 (Skilled — Regional Sponsored) visa;
(d) a Subclass 487 (Skilled — Regional Sponsored) visa;
(e) a Skilled — Regional Sponsored (Provisional) (Class
SP) visa;
(f) a Bridging A (Class WA) visa, or a Bridging B
(Class WB) visa, that was granted on the basis of a valid
application for:
(i) a Skilled — Independent Regional (Provisional)
(Class UX) visa; or
(ii) a Skilled (Provisional) (Class VC) visa; or
(iii) a Skilled — Regional Sponsored (Provisional)
(Class SP) visa.

29 minutes ago, VM0101 said:

Sorry mate... "bridging visa whilst waiting for the 489 does not count."

https://www.australiavisa.com/immigration-news/from-a-489-to-a-887-visa/

BVA.png

• Sad 2

17 minutes ago, VIno said:

HI Guys ! 

Yesterday my friend got direct Grant

Applied : 21/02/2018

Direct Grant : 16/04/2018

I hope they are picking up Feb 2018 Files.

Good luck to all

I have applied on 20/02/2018 Still waiting?

Thanks

Vino

Direct Grant : 16/04/2018 0r 16/04/2019😃😃👌

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, VIno said:

HI Guys ! 

Good luck to all

Thanks

Vino

Hi vino 

Is Ur friend applied for 887?

1 hour ago, VIno said:

HI Guys ! 

Good luck to all

Thanks

Vino

Congrats to your friend Vino, I really like the direct grant posts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/15/2019 at 8:32 PM, Marcus said:

Hi guys,

Has anyone applied Bridging Visa B to travel? What was it like? How many days/ weeks did the immigration gave you to stay overseas? Was there any implications to your visa?

Thanks.

Regards,

Marcus

Yup.... we applied fir Bridging B to travel to India in October 2018 and got a 3 month visa from 24 oct to 24 jan. Ot just took us 3 or 4 working days to get that. 

Just written the reason as family functions and cousin's marraige.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1