887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hello mates,

I am sharing about my grant time line. 

• Applied - 29/06/18
  • Request for further document - 13/08/19, CO Sophorn
  • Granted - 15/03/20,  CO Wendy

I almost gave up receiving the grant until this May, which my 489 expires and get out of country postcode to get a better job.

However, I got the letter yesterday, Sunday, so weird. Are they working at home even on Sunday???? for Corona Virus???

Anyway, I nearly got a cancer or maybe already developed in me for this long, long waiting.

Nothing has got any better but only BIT of COMFORT from the fact that I don't have to wait for the grant anymore. It's not going to be fantasy or heaven, no no for me it's just out of hell, once I have got my visa.

Anyhow, I do hope you guys get yours soon too really!!

Best wishes,

Joshua

Edited by Joshua
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Joshua said:

Hello mates,

• Applied - 29/06/18

I almost gave up receiving the grant until this May, which my 489 expires and get out of country postcode to get a better job.

However, I got the letter yesterday, Sunday, so weird. Are they working at home even on Sunday???? for Corona Virus???

Anyway, I nearly got a cancer or maybe already developed in me for this long, long waiting.

Nothing has got any better but only BIT of COMFORT from the fact that I don't have to wait for the grant anymore. It's not going to be fantasy or heaven, no no it's just out of hell, once you've got your visa.

Best wishes,

Joshua

Congrats,

Happy for you. 

11 minutes ago, Joshua said:

Hello mates,

• Applied - 29/06/18

Nothing has got any better but only BIT of COMFORT from the fact that I don't have to wait for the grant anymore. It's not going to be fantasy or heaven, no no for me it's just out of hell, once I have got my visa.

Best wishes,

Joshua

Congrats this is great news! May I ask what the request for information was for? No problem if you prefer not to answer.

Edited by BoddyFam
Did not complete post

46 minutes ago, Joshua said:

Hello mates,

• Applied - 29/06/18

Best wishes,

Joshua

Congrats

12 hours ago, BoddyFam said:

Someone has changed the tracker to the country filter, so only showing applicants from India. @Dee hoping you can help.

Its all good

Sometimes when you see the spreadsheet “messed up” its not actually. Someone just sort it to see who got the latest grant or latest request and just forgot to bring it back to original format. To bring it back to original format, click on that thing next to “Applied Date” and click “Sort A-Z”. That would fix the spreadsheet.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Going by the current climate things will be really hard interms of job opportunities in the regional area. Yesterday I even saw a report about causal staffs are losing shifts or being fired. Government is doing its best to restore everything to normal, however they are also in panic mode. My concern is that will the government also consider giving us free hold on humanitarian grounds. Will they let us work in the metropolitan areas if ever we lose jobs in the regional area, at least they can process the visa faster for the once who have completed 2 year conditions. 
Please Immigration do something for us, we aren’t children of lesser God

Edited by Tassie Devils
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, nudgee said:

2a3cc6780e8c5c72038f07dfae659826.jpg

Someone received 189 today and he submitted the application just one month ago. I hope I can get my PR before getting coronavirus

Hope no one here get's the virus. It's already hard waiting for the grant.. being sick is just too much. Keep praying everyone! This too shall pass..

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Joshua said:

Hello mates,

• Applied - 29/06/18

Best wishes,

Joshua

Congratulations! at least we know they are still working and giving grants amidst the global health crisis

• Like 1

On 3/4/2020 at 10:01 PM, DVR said:

Hi Everyone, 

I am filling Form-80 for 887 from 489. Could you please let me know what "Place of visa" is ? Is it my home country of state that sponsored us ? In my case NT.. ?

Thanks in advance ..😊

PlaceOfVisa.PNG

Guys

Alhamdullilah,

We have been granted visa

applied 20/6/2018

first contact : 26/06/2019

second contact : 3/01/2020

Granted: 17/03/2020

• Like 6