What band would you love to come to adelaide?

sueoc

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Genesis with Phil Collins (but that aint gonna happen)...probably one of the best concerts i have ever been to!

Agree with you on that one. :notworthy:They have done some touring recently but never made it down under at all. :arghh: Saw the Can't Dance tour - actually insisted we only have one week for our honeymoon cos they were playing Knebworth - which was walking distance from our first flat. :)

My OH took me to Melbourne to see STIFF LITTLE FINGERS.

Loads of old bald blokes in bomber jackets reliving their youth!

Would be great if they came to Adelaide but we will have to go and see them in the Uk at the end of the year....33 years and still going strong.

They are a Brilliant live punk / new wave band.

Go onto You Tube and take a listen to "Gotta Gettaway" by SLF.

My OH took me to Melbourne to see STIFF LITTLE FINGERS.

Loads of old bald blokes in bomber jackets reliving their youth!

Would be great if they came to Adelaide but we will have to go and see them in the Uk at the end of the year....33 years and still going strong.

They are a Brilliant live punk / new wave band.

Go onto You Tube and take a listen to "Gotta Gettaway" by SLF.

Are they still going??? I saw them back in 1979 !!!!

According to my spouse...

They are still going! I didn't see them in the UK but my OH saw them in Leeds, Bradford and Brixton!

They are touring at the moment and they have a new album coming out soon.

Their web site is slf.com

If they visit Oz again I wll certainly hear about it and put a posting on the site.

We saw Greenday at the Adealide Entertainment centre a few weeks ago...and I heard it over and over that Greenday had modelled themselves on STIFF LITTLE FINGERS!!!

....Roger Waters (again cos last time was amazing)

Wizz - Waters's website indicates he's looking at the feasability of a tour with The Wall as the feature album. We can only wish.

Otherwise I'd like to see Twelfth Night or the Fun Boy Three. Both should fit quite nicely into The Gov. Or, for a bigger name, Bob Seger. That bloke could fill the Grand Canyon never mind AAMI.

Guest lastboyscout

A few of my mates set up a rock tribute band and I`d like them to tour as a support act for Led Zeppelin :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Sciattica ROCK:notworthy:

Guest WoodMartin

My all time fave is Howard Jones,:notworthy: love it if he came over. He did actually play in Adelaide about a year ago, just before we got our visa approved... I did wonder if I should contact DIAC and ask if we could get our visa sooner so I could be in Adelaide in time for the concert....;)

I am going to see the Spands and Tears for Fears.... more of my kinda music!

Just seen Julian Clary on brekky TV - loves it if fans dress up for his shows he said....

Ali

Guest Guest75

Just seen Julian Clary on brekky TV - loves it if fans dress up for his shows he said....

Ali

NOOOOOOO!!!!! :embarrassed::embarrassed:

Genesis Yes! But with the original line-up including Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett, just missed out on seeing them in the 70's.

I'm now waiting for Wolfmother to tour as headliners, they were great at AC/DC but the sound was a bit off, would also love to see The Coral, brilliant band.

Personally i find seeing bands that were popular 25-30 years ago reforming and gigging pretty crap, Bunches of geezers in their 60's aint good! I like to remember my fav bands as they were in their heyday. Or go and see a tribute band, thats usually quite good.

Simon( Progrock for ever):notworthy:

Personally i find seeing bands that were popular 25-30 years ago reforming and gigging pretty crap, Bunches of geezers in their 60's aint good! I like to remember my fav bands as they were in their heyday.

Be interesting to see what my husband and his mate think of Deep Purple in May....