Australia Citizenship - What's the update?

deftown

7 hours ago, Shaan1982 said:

Thanks alexoir, I'm gonna submit the application hopefully today. So we don't need police clearance certificate 

If you've spent more than 3 months in a particular country after your PR was granted, you'd have to get police clearance from that country. 

On that note, my partner has an appointment for interview and test early next month 😊

On 7/29/2019 at 11:07 AM, 887australia said:

That's wrong Mate I got mine in 3 months (Application to Approval). Once you get the Test notification email which is Generall after 3-4 Months of your application date you need to go online and try to  Reschedule the Test Date need a bit of luck here. However, If you check 20 Time a Day you may get earlier test Date, I got mine within five days and I took it. Also, Test Preparation Can be done in one day

Best of luck  all of you 

Hi 887, did you also go for an interview? 

17 hours ago, alexoir said:

If you've spent more than 3 months in a particular country after your PR was granted, you'd have to get police clearance from that country. 

On that note, my partner has an appointment for interview and test early next month 😊

Thanks again for help Alexoir.

One more thing, I submitted the application today, where it asked whom are the other people to add into the application, where I added my children, but there was no option of adding Spouse.

Can you or anyone else also help me with that, as I didnt do the submission myself previously so not sure how to add the spouse details in the application. Or do I need to register for another immi account for my wife to put the details and submit there separately.

11 minutes ago, Shaan1982 said:

Thanks again for help Alexoir.

One more thing, I submitted the application today, where it asked whom are the other people to add into the application, where I added my children, but there was no option of adding Spouse.

Can you or anyone else also help me with that, as I didnt do the submission myself previously so not sure how to add the spouse details in the application. Or do I need to register for another immi account for my wife to put the details and submit there separately.

Hi Shaani, 

I had to submit a separate application for my spouse using my immi account. You do not necessarily have to create a separate immi account  for her. You can then link her application to yours to enable you take the citizenship pledge together as a family. 

If you added your children to your application, you may want to upload your Medicare Card or Centrelink Card as additional proof of parental link. 

• Like 2

On 10/14/2019 at 12:47 AM, Akie said:

Guys after holding 887, how much time we have to wait to be eligible for citizenship? Can we apply for citizenship immediately after we get 887?

Hi Akie, you have to had lived lawfully in Australia for at least 4 years and held permanent residence (887 for instance) for at least 1 year. You can use this tool to help you know if you've met the residence requirement:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/tools/residence-calculator

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, hechpee said:

Guys,

We have completed our 1st year as PR and legible to apply for citizen (more than 4 years on valid visa in Au).

Can I include my teenager son ages 23, 21 and 20 to my IMMI account?

thank you

I would expect that as they are adults they need to apply for citizenship in their own right and cannot go on your application.

Link below explains about kids and what age they are no longer eligible and have to apply for themselves. 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/become-a-citizen/permanent-resident

On 11/2/2019 at 8:49 AM, snifter said:

I would expect that as they are adults they need to apply for citizenship in their own right and cannot go on your application.

Link below explains about kids and what age they are no longer eligible and have to apply for themselves. 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/become-a-citizen/permanent-resident

Thank you for your advise.

I have read from previous post that i can include my wife to my application (online). So i am thinking if I can also include my teenagers application (they need to have individual immi account and link that to my application)? Is these correct?

On 11/4/2019 at 12:01 PM, hechpee said:

Thank you for your advise.

I have read from previous post that i can include my wife to my application (online). So i am thinking if I can also include my teenagers application (they need to have individual immi account and link that to my application)? Is these correct?

Hi hechpee, 

If you have kids under 16 years, you may include them in your wife's or your application. If they are above 16, they may apply in their own rights as said by snifter. You cannot include your wife in your application but you can apply for her using your immi account. You may also apply for your sons using your immi account so you end up having 5 different applications under 1 immi account. You also have the option of linking all 5 applications in order to attend the ceremony together. 

Good luck mate

1 hour ago, alexoir said:

Hi hechpee, 

If you have kids under 16 years, you may include them in your wife's or your application. If they are above 16, they may apply in their own rights as said by snifter. You cannot include your wife in your application but you can apply for her using your immi account. You may also apply for your sons using your immi account so you end up having 5 different applications under 1 immi account. You also have the option of linking all 5 applications in order to attend the ceremony together. 

Good luck mate

Thank you Alexoir. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I am filling my citizenship application 

could you guys please help me with my query 

my question is

does running a red light ticket fine has to be declared in the traffic offence in the application.i had just one red light ticket since my stay in Australia and I paid it at the same time.the question made me little confuse it says offence that went to court etc.but I never had to go court ,just got a fine letter and I paid them.

On 11/19/2019 at 8:02 PM, himal said:

Hi I am filling my citizenship application 

could you guys please help me with my query 

my question is

does running a red light ticket fine has to be declared in the traffic offence in the application.i had just one red light ticket since my stay in Australia and I paid it at the same time.the question made me little confuse it says offence that went to court etc.but I never had to go court ,just got a fine letter and I paid them.

If you paid and dint go to Court you don't have to Declare it. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 887australia said:

My Citizenship Time Line 

Citizenship Application Date :  13 April 2019

Email Test Notification Date :  12 July 2019 

Original Test Date : November 2019

I reschedule it to : 17 July 2019

Approval : 17 July

Ceremony : 21 November 2019

Congrats 887. Getting approval on the same day as your test date is very rare. Happy for you. 😃

On 11/22/2019 at 10:51 AM, 887australia said:

My Citizenship Time Line 

Citizenship Application Date :  13 April 2019

Email Test Notification Date :  12 July 2019 

Original Test Date : November 2019

I reschedule it to : 17 July 2019

Approval : 17 July

Ceremony : 21 November 2019

Hey, congrats on becoming a True Blue Aussie!!!

How does the approval work? Did you have to face anything else after sitting for the test/interview? If I may, could I ask which state were you applying from? Just for me to get an idea on whether the processing time has any relevance with the state that you are applying from..

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

And.... My Citizenship application was approved today 😀. No additional documents were ever requested of me. 

Timeline:

Citizenship Application Date :  8 Oct 2019

Interview/Test Date :  15 Nov 2019 

Approval : 23 Dec 2019

Application to Date of Approval: 76 days

Ceremony date:??? 

I wish you well folks

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2019 at 9:35 PM, alexoir said:

And.... My Citizenship application was approved today 😀. No additional documents were ever requested of me. 

Timeline:

Citizenship Application Date :  8 Oct 2019

Interview/Test Date :  15 Nov 2019 

Approval : 23 Dec 2019

Application to Date of Approval: 76 days

Ceremony date:??? 

I wish you well folks

Congratulation mate.

Just couple of things need to clarify about the interview/

Do they run through the original birth certificate ( non-English) in detail 

Do they take photo copy the all originals we submit at the interview. 

Because here is a minor spelling discrepancy in my birth cert . Hopefully it would be fine . It is too hard to make it correct now. It would take around 6-8 months to correct as it should be done at my home country.

Please share your experience.  

12 hours ago, DarDec said:

Congratulation mate.

Just couple of things need to clarify about the interview/

Do they run through the original birth certificate ( non-English) in detail 

Do they take photo copy the all originals we submit at the interview. 

Because here is a minor spelling discrepancy in my birth cert . Hopefully it would be fine . It is too hard to make it correct now. It would take around 6-8 months to correct as it should be done at my home country.

Please share your experience.  

I took heaps of documents to the interview but the interviewer didn't look at them. I don't know why they call it interview because there was no interview at all. She only looked at my passport and drivers license to establish my identity and that was it. She didn't even run copies of my IDs or documents. She used about 10 seconds to check my IDs, took a photo of me and allowed to sit the test. I was done with the test in less than 4 minutes so the whole process lasted barely 6 minutes. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2020 at 7:03 AM, DKAGG said:

Hello Everyone

New to this forum. I can see some names from the 887 forum here. 

I am due to file for citizenship in March 2020. Wants to know do I need to renew passport of my son which is expiring in June 2020.

Apparently an expired passport doesn't matter when applying for citizenship.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...