Australia Citizenship - What's the update?

deftown

Folks, 

How long should my son's passport be valid by the time we apply for Citizenship ? Unlike adults passports, kids get expired very soon and it only valid for 3 years. So my sons passport will be expired in 4 months AFTER we have applied Citizenship. 

Are we able to do that or we should have a new passport that has valid more than 6 months ? 

/Thanks,
D.V.R

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2021 at 5:51 AM, DVR said:

Folks, 

How long should my son's passport be valid by the time we apply for Citizenship ? Unlike adults passports, kids get expired very soon and it only valid for 3 years. So my sons passport will be expired in 4 months AFTER we have applied Citizenship. 

Are we able to do that or we should have a new passport that has valid more than 6 months ? 

/Thanks,
D.V.R

Hey!

I called DoHA a few weeks ago.

Our passports are expiring before the application dates and their rep said that we could apply with expired passports. They do not need renewed passports

• 2 weeks later...

An update of my Citizenship journey:

Application date: 30 September 2020 (Me+daughter), July 30 2020 (My Wife)

Test: 12th December 2020 (Wife), 27th January 2021 (Me)

Approval date: December 16 2020 (Wife), February 12 2021 (Me)

Ceremony invite: 4th March

Ceremony date: March 18th

• Like 3

Hi everyone,

Nice to see a few familiar names from the 887 page.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice prior to submitting the citizenship application - anything they did that stands out. Any link to easy list of documents?

Also, I did not submit an updated police clearance for my 887 and I didn't get asked to, but wondering if I should do this for my citizenship application? I haven't been back home since my first arrival in Australia.

Thanks

Lucinda

Edited by BoddyFam

On 3/5/2021 at 10:32 AM, path2aus said:

An update of my Citizenship journey:

Application date: 30 September 2020 (Me+daughter), July 30 2020 (My Wife)

Test: 12th December 2020 (Wife), 27th January 2021 (Me)

Approval date: December 16 2020 (Wife), February 12 2021 (Me)

Ceremony invite: 4th March

Ceremony date: March 18th

Awesome update congrats - so about a 6 month timeline.

On 3/8/2021 at 3:32 PM, BoddyFam said:

Awesome update congrats - so about a 6 month timeline.

yup was pretty quick. Did not expect it to be so fast. The required documents is pretty standard except for the Identity Declaration form 1195 . The form needs to be signed by someone who knows you at least for a year and work in one of the listed occupations on the form (Remember you need to get your photo endorsed as well with the same person). I think this is something you need to get started on as soon as you can.

The Police clearance is not required if you haven't spent more than 3 months overseas after you were granted PR. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2021 at 2:44 PM, Jeremy said:

Hi,

just a quick update. I have received two mails today, one is asking for more information the other one is letter of appointment !!!!

is it strange or normal? 

Yes. My Wife and I got the same. One email for more information and the other for the interview/Test. Both are independent of each other. After you pass the test your application will only be approved after all the pending documents are provided.

• Like 1

Hi guys. 

I have few queries about citizenship application.

I have completed a 4-year stay including 1 year after PR and gonna apply for the citizenship. However, my wife and kids can't apply yet becoz they have stayed outside Australia for more than one year within the recent 4-year period. following are their travel details

05/12/2015 - 03/09/2016 - in Australia - 9 months

03/09/2016 - 17/12 2017 - outside Australia - 1 year and 3 months

17/12/2017 - current -  in Australia -3 years and 4 months

PR grant date - January 2020

1. Can't my wife and kids apply for citizenship until 17/12/2021?

2. when I was applying I got this question (Please see the attachment). which one should I choose (option 3 or option 4)?

when I choose option 3 they ask the transaction reference number of other application. 

If anyone gives me an answer it would be great?

Capture.JPG

On 10/7/2019 at 10:09 PM, Shaan1982 said:

Hi All, 

I'm on visa 887 and planning to apply for citizenship very soon. Can anyone plz guide me through on what area the docs needed, plus any forms we need to fill in as well. 

I got to know the following things which are needed as per one of the post here :

- Birth Certificate

- Passport Photo

- Passport Color Scan

- First Arrival Australia Evidence (Immigration Stamp on Passport)

- Drivers Licence - Australia

- Address Proof - Australia

But I also wana know of there's anything else needed? Like while applying for 887, I filled in the detailed pdf form, plus applied for police clearance certificate. 

Hi There  

I'm going to lodge my citizenship application early next month,  just wondering,  is Driving Licence compulsory document to be submitted? My wife doesn't drive and she doesn't have the Licence. Can we submit anything else instead of Driving licence?

Please advise. 

Thanks 

Edited by Andy.L

On 4/4/2021 at 6:34 AM, Shan4444 said:

Hi guys. 

I have few queries about citizenship application.

I have completed a 4-year stay including 1 year after PR and gonna apply for the citizenship. However, my wife and kids can't apply yet becoz they have stayed outside Australia for more than one year within the recent 4-year period. following are their travel details

05/12/2015 - 03/09/2016 - in Australia - 9 months

03/09/2016 - 17/12 2017 - outside Australia - 1 year and 3 months

17/12/2017 - current -  in Australia -3 years and 4 months

PR grant date - January 2020

1. Can't my wife and kids apply for citizenship until 17/12/2021?

2. when I was applying I got this question (Please see the attachment). which one should I choose (option 3 or option 4)?

when I choose option 3 they ask the transaction reference number of other application. 

If anyone gives me an answer it would be great?

Capture.JPG

If your kid is below 16 years of age, you don't have to wait till December. You can add her/him to your application. So then you wife can apply as a single applicant in December. Children below 16 don't have to fulfil any requirements 

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, DVR said:

Thank you for your reply. Should we do it by the time we lodge the application or after getting the Citizenship ?

I did it before. I called DOHA and they recommended to attach the relevant documents with the name change. They also commented that it did not matter for them if there was a name change because it was still the original name for DOHA.

I did it because I didn't want to have incorrect spelling in the citizenship certificate and passport.

2 hours ago, Megrand1 said:

I did it before. I called DOHA and they recommended to attach the relevant documents with the name change. They also commented that it did not matter for them if there was a name change because it was still the original name for DOHA.

I did it because I didn't want to have incorrect spelling in the citizenship certificate and passport.

Sure, thanks for your advise 

**EDIT** Found the answers in previous post, so all good now!

Hey guys, don't know if I am missing something obvious, but in the citizenship application when you on the immi account and have to add in all those details and I have added my kids, but nowhere does it ask for husband details. Does my husband have to do a separate application? Sorry if this is a silly question....I just thought we could do it at the same time.

Edited by BoddyFam
  • Like 1