Australia Citizenship - What's the update?

deftown

On 6/25/2021 at 8:05 PM, Andy.L said:

Hello everyone, 

One of my friend had applied for citizenship 3 weeks ago and he has been invited in mid July for the test and interview. My question is do they (department of home affairs) review or assess the application first  and  once the secrunity and other checks have been completed and everything is fine then they invite the applicant or they just scheduled the test first and then assess the application after?

Any expertise/knowledge on the above query will be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers

I have no idea really as I haven’t even applied yet. Maybe an experienced migration agent or lawyer knows about these things. 

Happy t o report that got response on my application; test & interview is on July 16, 2021. We had filed 3 applications same time and day but for now got response on mine and daughters; still waiting for husband.

Applied on May 15, 2021.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dee said:

Happy t o report that got response on my application; test & interview is on July 16, 2021. We had filed 3 applications same time and day but for now got response on mine and daughters; still waiting for husband.

Applied on May 15, 2021.

Congratulations. I applied on 28th May, I should also expect an email in about two or three weeks times. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dee said:

Applied on May 15, 2021.

Amazing news! Congrats.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BoddyFam said:

We also got an email today for test and interview, applied 23 May (applied from Adelaide). Test on the 22nd July. 

Moving quick it seems. Such a great change from 887 experience!!!

All the Best👍

• Like 1

On 7/6/2021 at 6:22 PM, BoddyFam said:

We also got an email today for test and interview, applied 23 May (applied from Adelaide). Test on the 22nd July. 

Moving quick it seems. Such a great change from 887 experience!!!

All the best… mine is also 22nd July (Adelaide). See you there then. 

And yes, a huge change from 887, got my 887 after 13 months, very stressful time. But heyyy, we made it, our collective effort made it happen.

• Like 1

Happy weekend to everyone 🙂

A quick Q, I wanted to upload my house lease contract (12 pages) as evidence of residency, but the system refuses as it exceeds the max number of pages. Can I exclude T&C pages and upload only pages with names/addresses/signatures ( total 4 pages ), or could it be considered "manipulation" in an official document ??? 

Many thanks.

On 7/10/2021 at 10:10 AM, Mohager said:

Happy weekend to everyone 🙂

A quick Q, I wanted to upload my house lease contract (12 pages) as evidence of residency, but the system refuses as it exceeds the max number of pages. Can I exclude T&C pages and upload only pages with names/addresses/signatures ( total 4 pages ), or could it be considered "manipulation" in an official document ??? 

Many thanks.

Cant comment whether you can remove T&C or not; but you can always use your driving license or utility bill as address proof 🙂

Hey guys i applied on 10th of May and got the citizenship test date but my partner haven't received any test date  though we applied on same date.Any of you in similar position?       

Edited by New18
Wrong date
  • Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 1:04 PM, Dee said:

Applied on May 15, 2021.

Hi what's the update for your husband? I am facing similiar situation     

• Like 1

17 hours ago, New18 said:

Hi what's the update for your husband? I am facing similiar situation     

He got it after a week; he called DIBP and next day he got it.  DIBP conveyed that they consider all applications separately and waiting time is 13 months but i feel someone had forgotten to push that button though; Call them 🙂 it will surely help. All the Best.

Edited by Dee

Hi everyone,

So I did the test last week (I rescheduled mine and got an appointment a week earlier than originally given). I passed and the whole thing was done in about 25 minutes (including the interview)!!! Does anyone know how long after passing the test, do you get notification of when the ceremony is?

Applied: 23 May

Test: 15 July

Thanks.

• Like 2

On 7/16/2021 at 9:13 AM, TAS887 said:

Any one has list of documents required for citizenship application? Thanks 

1. Birth Certificate or School Certificate

2. Form 1195

3. Driving License / or address any address proof

4. Marriage certificate in case of name change

5. Utility Bill

6. Passport

7. Proof of travel to Australia - can be passport stamp or passport

It is quite self-explanatory when you start filling citizenship application.

All the best.

Go through previous pages on this page and you will find lot of help.

• Thanks 1