Australia Citizenship - What's the update?

deftown

Hello Everyone 😀

Filed application on May 15, 2021. Uploaded 3 applications in one login account and documents i uploaded:

1. Drivers License

2. Electricity Bill

3. Form 1195

4. Passport size photo front and rear (rear attested)

5. Marriage Certificate

6. Aadhar Card

7. Secondary School Certificate

All the best everyone 👍

Edited by Dee
  • Like 2

Hello all...I am planning to apply for citizenship this month, but the problem is my National Identity Card is expired, I am from Pakistan but haven’t been back home since arrival. I have a valid passport, birth certificate and driver’s license. Will that be fine or do I need to apply for renewal of my ID card. 
also, in the National ID information, they haven’t mentioned Pakistan in the their links. A little help will be appreciated l.

• Like 1

Hi Everyone,

Submitted my applications ( one for myself and kids, second for my husband), 23 May.

Attached:

Passports (dual nationalities)

Drivers Licence

Photos (front and rear) endorsed

Form 1195

Birth Certificates

Marriage Certificate

Proof of Arrival

Wishing everyone all the best, and hoping for a quick turnaround time. 

Edited by BoddyFam
  • Like 1

Hi guys  

Could you please advise asap what do I select the answer for below question on citizenship online application

Has this applicant entered or departed Australia since July 1990?

We have been here for few years now and we did travel to visit family back home,  I'm bit confused what to answer for this? Could you please advise. 

Thank you 

11 hours ago, Andy.L said:

Hi guys  

Could you please advise asap what do I select the answer for below question on citizenship online application

Has this applicant entered or departed Australia since July 1990?

We have been here for few years now and we did travel to visit family back home,  I'm bit confused what to answer for this? Could you please advise. 

Thank you 

You need to answer yes if you entered Aus since July 1990 which I am assuming you definitely have. It will then take you through the next steps as you need to enter your previous visa grant number and details.

9 hours ago, BoddyFam said:

You need to answer yes if you entered Aus since July 1990 which I am assuming you definitely have. It will then take you through the next steps as you need to enter your previous visa grant number and details.

Perfect, thank you so much. 

Also, just wondering-will it let me to submit the application if I have one document pending to attach/submit?

My son is unwell and I need to get his photos done to fill form 1195 and submit once completed. 

Appreciate your expertise and time.

Thank you

Edited by Andy.L

2 hours ago, Andy.L said:

Perfect, thank you so much. 

Also, just wondering-will it let me to submit the application if I have one document pending to attach/submit?

My son is unwell and I need to get his photos done to fill form 1195 and submit once completed. 

Appreciate your expertise and time.

Thank you

You're welcome!

Yes, you would still be able to submit and then you can attach it after. 

Edited by BoddyFam

Anyone please shed some light on my circumstance, my National ID is expired and I need to apply for citizenship this week, can I apply without it or does it has to be a valid one which will take at least 3 weeks to be made. Please give your inputs.

• Like 1

Hi all, 

applied for Citizenship on May 13th 2021 for myself and child, and applied May 15th for my partner. 
 We received email invite for test and interview 02nd and 03rd June 2021 respectively!  Was surprised invite to test and interview has been so quick 😊

• Like 2

Hi all, 
applied for Citizenship on May 13th 2021 for myself and child, and applied May 15th for my partner. 
 We received email invite for test and interview 02nd and 03rd June 2021 respectively!  Was surprised invite to test and interview has been so quick [emoji4]

Congratulations. Can you please share which Counsil area and state are you from. Thanks [emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

On 5/23/2021 at 3:08 AM, May2019 said:

Hello all...I am planning to apply for citizenship this month, but the problem is my National Identity Card is expired, I am from Pakistan but haven’t been back home since arrival. I have a valid passport, birth certificate and driver’s license. Will that be fine or do I need to apply for renewal of my ID card. 
also, in the National ID information, they haven’t mentioned Pakistan in the their links. A little help will be appreciated l.

You can use your passport as identity Card and even identity card; it doesn't matter if the passport or Identity card is expired. All the best.

12 hours ago, Julies450 said:

Hi all, 

We received email invite for test and interview 02nd and 03rd June 2021 respectively!  Was surprised invite to test and interview has been so quick 😊

Awesome; all the best; we applied on May 15, 2021.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dee said:

You can use your passport as identity Card and even identity card; it doesn't matter if the passport or Identity card is expired. All the best.

Thank you so much Dee, helpful as always. You have been very supportive during the 887 pandemic as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Kumar887 said:

Congratulations. Can you please share which Counsil area and state are you from. Thanks emoji120.png

Yeah, would love to know which state. Does anyone recall if Theresa was granting visa's (887) from a specific location, e.g Adelaide or was she granting visa's from anywhere in Aus?

On 5/25/2021 at 10:09 PM, Kumar887 said:

Congratulations. Can you please share which Counsil area and state are you from. Thanks emoji120.png

Hi, yes we are from Northern Territory, all previous visas have been dealt with via Adelaide! 

• Like 3

Today I saw that someone got their invitation for the Aus citizenship test for the 26th June 2021. They applied 28 March 2021. I don't know the person well as it was in a 'South African' Facebook group and it was about dual citizenship, so I don't have any other info. But seems like quick turnaround times.

• Thanks 1

Hello All, need your help. I endorsed my photos from a GP, but uploaded the front pictureI I took from my phone and not the scan and uploaded the rear endorsed scan. I know I should have checked. Now what should I do. The front picture was accepted by the system but I am very nervous it will affect my case, as they specifically asked for front and rear scans. Please guide. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, May2019 said:

Hello All, need your help. I endorsed my photos from a GP, but uploaded the front pictureI I took from my phone and not the scan and uploaded the rear endorsed scan. I know I should have checked. Now what should I do. The front picture was accepted by the system but I am very nervous it will affect my case, as they specifically asked for front and rear scans. Please guide. 

It shouldn't matter as long as you are meeting the criteria that was mentioned while uploading in terms of measurement etc. it should be alright. In case you still are feeling stressed then you should call department. All the best

10 hours ago, May2019 said:

If you worried you can also just attach the scans again as additional documents, with a letter saying you concerned the first uploads weren't correct. But don't stress too much because if they don't think they right they will just ask you again for the uploads - they won't deny you just based on that. 

• Like 1

On 5/23/2021 at 5:48 PM, BoddyFam said:

Hi Everyone,

Submitted my applications ( one for myself and kids, second for my husband), 23 May.

Attached:

Passports (dual nationalities)

Drivers Licence

Photos (front and rear) endorsed

Form 1195

Birth Certificates

Marriage Certificate

Proof of Arrival

Wishing everyone all the best, and hoping for a quick turnaround time. 

Hi mate,

What did you provide as proof of arrival?

Hi All

My wife used her Immi-account to apply for our 887 visas( she is primary, I'm secondary.) and got granted last May. Recently she tried to apply for citizenship but found: "there's no option/ tab to add me into her application."  Is that mean I have to sign up for my own Immi-account and apply it by myself?

Thank you!!

23 minutes ago, DVR said:

Yes indeed, would like to know how to provide proof of arrival.

according to the previous posts, the stamp(first arrival) on your passport is OK. 
or use form 1395 to apply for the "international movement records"( LINK ), then get the first arrival date on the Doc.