Australia Citizenship - What's the update?

deftown

Hello all, I applied on 28th May 21, when should I expect the test and interview. And would be nice if someone could share a link for the test preparation. I have that it’s about 20 questions from a pool of 1000 questions, and we have to get 15 right. Please shed some light on it if anyone has any information. Would be very nice. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, May2019 said:

Hello all, I applied on 28th May 21, when should I expect the test and interview. And would be nice if someone could share a link for the test preparation. I have that it’s about 20 questions from a pool of 1000 questions, and we have to get 15 right. Please shed some light on it if anyone has any information. Would be very nice. 

Totally depends; i have applied on May 15 and havent heard anything as of now.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/test-and-interview/prepare-for-test/practice-test-new

Hello All,  I am going to lodge my application soon, we are a family of four, I am the main applicant for 489 and PR, I understand that my wife need to have her own immiacount and apply individually. but about the children 16 and 14 years ? i understand each one needs to fill form 1195 (ID declaration).  my question is : does 16 years old daughter need to have an immiacount ? and lodge a separate application? or she should be on my application as I am the responsible parent    

thanks in advance 🙂

On 6/5/2021 at 3:44 PM, Mohager said:

Hello All,  I am going to lodge my application soon, we are a family of four, I am the main applicant for 489 and PR, I understand that my wife need to have her own immiacount and apply individually. but about the children 16 and 14 years ? i understand each one needs to fill form 1195 (ID declaration).  my question is : does 16 years old daughter need to have an immiacount ? and lodge a separate application? or she should be on my application as I am the responsible parent    

thanks in advance 🙂

Your wife doesn't need her own immi account, you can just add it to yours. You just need to do a new application once you have completed yours in your immi account. And I believe if your kids are 16 years and younger you can add them under your application. So you will have 2 applications (one for you and your kids and the other one for your wife). 

• Like 1

Hi everyone , good to see all of you from 887. Just wanted to ask , in my wife’s education certificate her name is mentioned as Sonica but on her every other document her name is spelled  Sonika . Do we need to get any stat dec for that, as her education certificate have her date of birth. I had done all my previous applications through agent so doesn’t have so much of knowledge . Is it easy to fill citizenship application by self ?Thanks in advance .

Hi everyone can anyone please tell me is there any requirement to attach evidence of custody as one of proof for child? I along with my wife & child stay together . Does any proof is required or it’s not any requirement ?

Secondly, is there any specific requirements for passport size photos-should it be taken by some professional or we can click by mobile & get it printed .

On 6/13/2021 at 4:45 PM, Jessi said:

Hi everyone can anyone please tell me is there any requirement to attach evidence of custody as one of proof for child? I along with my wife & child stay together . Does any proof is required or it’s not any requirement ?

Secondly, is there any specific requirements for passport size photos-should it be taken by some professional or we can click by mobile & get it printed .

You will need to upload birth certificate of your child and i am sure that will have all details; that should be all I guess.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, justaguy said:

Hi everyone. 

when applying online, do we need to get identity documents certified by JP or online application doesn’t need to be certified and just a scan will do?

No requirement certifying documents. You just need to get Form 1195 signed by someone (there is a huge list who can sign) who has known you for a year.

9 hours ago, Dee said:

No requirement certifying documents. You just need to get Form 1195 signed by someone (there is a huge list who can sign) who has known you for a year.

Thanks Dee. Form 1195 is done. Was getting confused about documents certification. Thank you for the reply. 

• Like 1

Hello All, a question please. When applying for citizenship I provided my expired National Identity card details, as I did not have a valid one last month. Now I have received a new one, do I need to update it in the system.

Also, during documents uploading part, I was not asked to upload my National Identity card, just Driving license, Valid Passport (old and new), birth certificate and proof of address.

Please provide your valuable suggestions.

3 hours ago, MAH said:

Hi All,

I applied for citizenship at 2 days and uploaded all the documents but still showed "awaiting for documents" ?

Is this ok ? any idea?

Should be showing as received; please go back and check that did you submit documents properly.

On 6/17/2021 at 9:15 PM, Megrand1 said:

Submitted today

Hi Megarand1, when you submitted your application, did you fill the 1300t (Application for Australian citizenship
General eligibility) form online or had to download the form, fill it and then uploaded it to your application? I’m confused if the 1300t form can be filled online or has to be downloaded filled and then submitted? Thanks 

1 hour ago, justaguy said:

Hi Megarand1, when you submitted your application, did you fill the 1300t (Application for Australian citizenship
 General eligibility) form online or had to download the form, fill it and then uploaded it to your application? I’m confused if the 1300t form can be filled online or has to be downloaded filled and then submitted? Thanks 

Hi 1300t is for paper applications. They are rarely used. I applied online. Applying online you do not have to worry about Form 1300t

Also for my son, the renewed passport was made last year . In one of questions on page 9 it ask for details of travel documents (details of document used for entering Australia)for my son- should I put old passport details over there?

On page 30 it’s asking for identification document for son - should I put current passport details over there?

kindly guide me as bit confused

Edited by Jessi

6 hours ago, justaguy said:

Hello everyone, 

One of my friend had applied for citizenship 3 weeks ago and he has been invited in mid July for the test and interview. My question is do they (department of home affairs) review or assess the application first  and  once the secrunity and other checks have been completed and everything is fine then they invite the applicant or they just scheduled the test first and then assess the application after?

Any expertise/knowledge on the above query will be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Andy.L said:

Hello everyone, 

One of my friend had applied for citizenship 3 weeks ago and he has been invited in mid July for the test and interview. My question is do they (department of home affairs) review or assess the application first  and  once the secrunity and other checks have been completed and everything is fine then they invite the applicant or they just scheduled the test first and then assess the application after?

Any expertise/knowledge on the above query will be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers

Hey there, unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question, but wondering which state your friend applied from?