887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

4 hours ago, toot said:

I had the same issue, contacted support team.

Back then I hadnt completed my 2 years. Support team asked to complete 2 years. 

Issue got automatically fixed once my 2 years were completed.

Since when the problem being resolved in your case? If you are the off-shore 489 applicant, it may be different story to mine. 

Did they mention the 2 years are counted from the day you got 489 or from the bridging visa? 

2 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Thanks for your reply. Did they mention the 2 years are counted from the day you got 489 or from the bridging visa? 

two year count is form the date you get visa (and land in australia). If you are in Australia then it is the date when you got 489 otherwise if you were in your country when you got 489 then it is the date when you landed here

14 minutes ago, Sunil said:

two year count is form the date you get visa (and land in australia). If you are in Australia then it is the date when you got 489 otherwise if you were in your country when you got 489 then it is the date when you landed here

According to the migration regulation provision 887.212, Bridging visa A or B after applying for 489 visa are also counted in 2 years residency requirement. I do not want to argue with this as it's been discussed before, I just want to clarify the technical problem on the immigration website to proceed the application.

If anyone suffered the same issue of mine, please let me know when the problem was resolved. 

Cheers 

16 hours ago, Delfin said:

Hi @Honey, do you mind sharing what work documents you submitted to immigration?

Hi

I Submitted following

My 12-month salary slips

2 Assessment of notification

Employment Contract

HR letter that I am working since  till now [Work Reference]

Superannuation for 2 years.

Group Certificate of 2 years

Bank Statement of salary slips - Business

That's all 🙂

5 hours ago, Honey said:

Hi

I Submitted following

My 12-month salary slips

2 Assessment of notification

Employment Contract

HR letter that I am working since  till now [Work Reference] 

Superannuation for 2 years.

Group Certificate of 2 years

Bank Statement of salary slips - Business

That's all 🙂

Hi Honey, looking good there but I don't have some of the documents you mentioned if I could ticker your brain a bit. Why do you need work reference when there is employment contract and superannuation and pay slips?

What is group certificates?

5 minutes ago, Sunnysideup said:

Hi Honey, looking good there but I don't have some of the documents you mentioned if I could ticker your brain a bit. Why do you need work reference when there is employment contract and superannuation and pay slips?

Group certificate you get from the company where you work. It helps in Tax which shows how much you earn and what was the taxable amount of work you have done.

HR Reference letter just another document which shows my address and my work experience in the same company for more than 1 year. 

I prefer to add the maximum document which shows my address and work. 

1 hour ago, Sunnysideup said:

Group certificates are PAYG statements or Pay Summary, you get this at the end of a financial year. 

I don't actually have a written work contract. So I called immi the other day and the operator said write a cover letter explaining this. I ended up including it in my statutory declaration instead.

What work documents did you submit Sunny if you dont mind sharing?

26 minutes ago, Delfin said:

Group certificates are PAYG statements or Pay Summary, you get this at the end of a financial year. 

I don't actually have a written work contract. So I called immi the other day and the operator said write a cover letter explaining this. I ended up including it in my statutory declaration instead.

What work documents did you submit Sunny if you dont mind sharing?

• Tax doc, employment contract, superannuation, bank statement showing salary, payslip
  • AFP, Over sea AFP
  • Passport
  • Notification of incorrect Answers
  • Marriage cert, lease agreement
  • form 80, 1221
  • bank statement for 2 years
  • Drivers license Aussie
  • Rental agreement
  • Passport photo
  • Child - passport, birth cert, photo
  • Wife - same as above , language is a letter from school.

Did I miss out anything?

3 minutes ago, Sunnysideup said:

• Tax doc, employment contract, superannuation, bank statement showing salary, payslip
  • AFP, Over sea AFP
  • Passport
  • form 80, 1221
  • Drivers license Aussie
  • Rental agreement
  • Passport photo

Did I miss out anything?

LOL! I don't think so. You should get a direct grant!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sunnysideup said:

Should I still upload my PayG? My AFP has expired.

I think you should give them your payg. As for your AFP, i dont think you’ll be asked to renew it unless u visit other countries after you lodged.

At this point all applicants will have expired AFP by the time their applications are reviewed/opened. Because AFPs are valid for 6 mnths and the curent processing time is 12-14 mths..

On 12/27/2018 at 8:48 PM, 10th feb said:

One of my friends has got his visa 189 last saturday. They always cry about immigration but still would not give visa who is waiting since 12 months but happy to bring someone from overseas within 3 months..yes my frnd applied in sep 18.. 

samething happened to someone we know , 189 visa granted within 5 months they just punched the first arrival and went back to dubai to work , they grant pr easily for people who never ever lived here before and doesen't even have the immediate intention of living here and make people like us who contribute to economy and regional states and put our future on hold and make us wait a lifetime to get the pr thats a sad thing.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sunnysideup said:

• AFP, Over sea AFP
  • Passport
  • form 80, 1221
  • Drivers license Aussie
  • Rental agreement
  • Passport photo

Did I miss out anything?

What about utility bills? They r important as well. U can upload any bills phone, electricity, car rego etc. 

1 hour ago, 4jan18 said:

What about utility bills? They r important as well. U can upload any bills phone, electricity, car rego etc. 

Hi 4jan18, it’s a good thing you still follow this forum 😁.

do you still remember what work documents u gave to immi?? And did you get a direct grant?

1 hour ago, 4jan18 said:

Well.... that's a problem..... I didn't kept my phone bill..... and as for Utility bill.... for 1st year was included in rent..... so there is no utility bill for 1st year..... Ouch! I just thought bank transaction of 2 years might replace it..... For car rego is every 1 year..... not 3 months.... wonder if it will make any difference even if I upload it.

What do you think?

Hello everyone,

I will apply for 887 in Feb 2019 and am preparing documents now. I have a couple of questions that need your help.

1. when do I need to do the police check?

2. In 80 form, Question14 for identity document, do I need to put my Australian driver licence?

3. In 80 form, Question 17 for residential info for the last 10 years, there is not enough lines for my case, how can I do that? Can I put part of them in Part T in that form?

4. In 80 form, Question 19 for employment, how many years of emplyment history do I need to cover? for last 10 years, or 5 years? or something else?

Thanks a lot!

Jane