887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Gosh, this topic is catching a big fire.

Look guys, the way I look at it, if you are applying for visa 887, then u need to meet the requirements for visa 887. NOT 489.

And this is what it says on the immi website:

"You must have lived and worked full-time (at least 35 hours a week) for at least 12 months as the holder of an eligible skilled visa.

Nowhere does it mention or use the word "skilled" or "nominated" or "occupation".

You just need to work at least 35 hours a week and get paid for those hours. Period.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I enquired with iscah migration agent and they said it's not for 887 visa applicants

image.png.cf76684e212d747d4b343645f0c0f5b0.png

I think it's about having an occupation in above lists if you are nominated/ sponsored by government / relative and applying for a 489 visa , not a condition or requirement of post grant

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, nudgee said:

I think that is the link of the information that he provided before.

Based on my interpretation, Its for those who want to apply for 489 visa.

Not for all of you guys, who want to apply for 887 visa

Just relax, enjoy your life

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, dar8 said:

I enquired with iscah migration agent and they said it's not for 887 visa applicants

image.png.cf76684e212d747d4b343645f0c0f5b0.png

I think it's about having an occupation in above lists if you are nominated/ sponsored by government / relative and applying for a 489 visa , not a condition or requirement of post grant

I consulted with 2 different agents myself in the past. They both said I can work in any occupation while holding 489.

Last year (this was long before I lodged my 887 application), I also called immi and asked them about this. the operator said I don't need to work in my nominated occupation. 

Now, the picture that @George posted earlier is a bit shocking though to be honest. Maybe they just implemented that recently?

But I for one never heard anything like that 3-4 years ago. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, T04 said:

Great news !!!

Do you want to be a famous person ?

No worries... ... 

Just post some hoax in this forum——

And it will be done 😜😜😜

Be very careful mates, and heads up!

A quote from Ziad K. Abdelnour who once said "Always remember... Rumours are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."

🙂

• Like 1

On 1/29/2019 at 10:52 PM, Deep 14 april said:

No there is no fees for newborn. I only uploaded birth certificate , passport and form 1022 in immiaccount on 2 nov 2018.

They sent me a consent form which have to be signed by one of the parents and another thing they asked is letter from GP which should state they have examined the child and his health.

Hi @Deep we are newbie here and here is our timeline:

Lodge 887 - 05 Jul 18

Newborn - 17 Aug 18

Approved 489 for newborn - 24Sep 18

Newborn passport uploaded - 25 Oct 18

Until now we dont hear from the CO. We dont have the medical form or consent yet. Can you let us know if the consent can be downloaded from the website or we have to wait for the CO to send it? 

By the way, thanks to all for their inputs. We've been following the topics on 887 on this forum. It has been so helpful.

Cheers!

Jo and Ron

16 hours ago, George said:

I challenge you to take a print screen of your invitation letter and prove I'm wrong. Show where they say: 'If an immigrant on a sc489 cannot find a job relating to their profession then they can consider alternative employment until their circumstances change'.

(maybe only my invitation letter is like this...lol)

I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong if you can substantiate your claim. 

George,

I don't have a claim to substantiate, I have given my opinion on experience.

Your requirement for NT may be different, our invitation in NSW only referred to the commitment to remain in the region for the 2 year period and to work for at least 1 year, there was no restriction on work type. Nevertheless, many immigrants that have arrived and carried out jobs different to their skillset or occupation have managed to get the 887 PR, which is proof enough in itself. I have friends that have received their 887 visas doing completely different jobs that had nothing to do with their original skills assessment and occupation. I received the same advice from my immigration agent and a lawyer. There are many media pieces on the matter.

There are many on this forum who have had the same experience

• Like 2

Do they actually check with the state migration office,

1. whether we lived in the sponsored state ? (They just check for rental agreements or some kind of a proof, i have never heard they check with local migration office)

2. Worked in the nominated or closed related occupation ? ( they just need 52 payslips, they don't call your employer to check what you  did)

So just follow the immi web site. 

31 minutes ago, TakeItOnTheChin said:

George,

I don't have a claim to substantiate, I have given my opinion on experience.

Your requirement for NT may be different, our invitation in NSW only referred to the commitment to remain in the region for the 2 year period and to work for at least 1 year, there was no restriction on work type. Nevertheless, many immigrants that have arrived and carried out jobs different to their skillset or occupation have managed to get the 887 PR, which is proof enough in itself. I have friends that have received their 887 visas doing completely different jobs that had nothing to do with their original skills assessment and occupation. I received the same advice from my immigration agent and a lawyer. There are many media pieces on the matter.

There are many on this forum who have had the same experience

i agree.. and in case of a couple  either of them can be the primary applicant for 887, regardless of who was the primary one for 489; as long as one of them have met the conditions. So obviously meeting the requirement of working in the same category don't even apply to them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, James said:

https://archive.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/887-

if you check on this link its An old designed link last updates sept or oct 2018 it clearly says that worked in nominated or orher field 

Yes correct, when we had first attended one of the immigration sessions, it was categorically told that we can work in any field to follow the 887 path...

10 hours ago, Jo&Ron05jul18 said:

Hi @Deep we are newbie here and here is our timeline:

Lodge 887 - 05 Jul 18

Newborn - 17 Aug 18

Approved 489 for newborn - 24Sep 18

Newborn passport uploaded - 25 Oct 18

Until now we dont hear from the CO. We dont have the medical form or consent yet. Can you let us know if the consent can be downloaded from the website or we have to wait for the CO to send it? 

By the way, thanks to all for their inputs. We've been following the topics on 887 on this forum. It has been so helpful.

Cheers!

Jo and Ron

immigration will send u consent  form with the hap id of baby thats why u cant download from website.

01AE5859-D883-458E-B67C-2DF9D514BF03.jpeg

OK fellas.

So we don't have an 887 grant since November 2018 and everything is just fine. Nothing has changed.....

I know people have been granted their PR without working in their nominated occupation. I never said otherwise.

I am just pointing out that some of us may have this requirement in their invitation letter and CHANGES are coming. It's happening now. You can close your eyes, call me a hoax and ignore the facts, or you can be prepared, think about alternatives and act. It's up to you! My intentions are good, even though the news sometimes is not nice.

Honestly, saying the new website applies only to new applicants makes the whole sense. But we all know there is no guarantee!!! They can find some loophole and use it to do whatever they want.

I am just saying: OPEN your eyes, do things 110% right from now on. The past is the past. Agents tend to rely on their past experience and oversee the changes! Take care folks!

Lastly. I never posted one rumour here. I have posted my own real invitations letter and official website snapshots. Don't call me names because you're frustrated and anxious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For 489/887 holders.

Your PR is Guaranteed as long as you fulfill criteria

Live and work in regional area which could be in any postcode given on your grant letter.It is not compulsory to live&work in the region sponsored you, if you don’t find work or don’t like living there simply move to other regional area you feel comfortable.
No need any kind of release letter.

You need to live in regional at least two years prior to lodging 887

52 weeks full time work minimum of 35 hours/week is required, this could be in any occupation whatsoever no restriction at all.

Even 52 weeks work could be over the period of 4 years in case you don’t find a stable job no problem as long as you can prove it. Doesn’t has to be in consecutive one year.

If you don’t even find work over the length of 4 years your 489 visa could be extended to meet 887 requirements.

While processing 887 applications COs are only concerned of 2 main things.

You lived at least 2 years in regional postcodes and worked there at least 12 months

You must have to have genuine and strong evidence to prove above criteria . If they’re not sure or satisfied it’s worth and HIGHLY recommended staying/working more until required before applying 887. Because once you hit apply button you CAN’T change anything,unless you withdraw.

Good Luck to everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2