887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

29 minutes ago, 887 said:

What do you think about an idea of applying for 887 a few months before having completed 2 years of living in the designated area (if meet all other criteria)?! If CO never opens the case before certain amount of time passes, this time could be calculated into 2 years… E.g. if we know for sure that there is no chance that CO would open the case within 5 months of application, the applicant could apply when having 20 months of living in reg. area criteria fulfilled and during next 4 months upload required proofs of 2 year living… In this case, at the point of time when CO open the case, all requirements would be met.

Any thoughts on this hypothetical chronology?

The system will not let you proceed with your application if you have not completed 2 years stay in regional area. 🙂 But yes, it would be nice.  

Unfortunately, 2 years stay is part of eligibility criteria and you cannot just the gun. Only those documents count in your application that were created before the application date. Anything after is not looked at. So even if you are still working in the same company after you applied for your visa, your further payslips don't count. Only the ones created before you applied. Sorry for messy explanation! 🙂 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tian said:

Hi Guys, 

I am a silent follower of this forum. I have submitted my 887 since DECEMBER 2018 and they have opened my application TODAY (after less than 4 months). Not sure if I should be happy or worry as they require further information for my Spouse while I have front loaded all documents.

Its a very good thing; my MARA consultant had told me that its not about ques as various aspects are considered for the application. So good for you; i would recommend upload all the documents asked for as early as possible. All the very best to you and your family!👍

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Megrand1 said:

I suppose you can't apply if you are not eligible. You should tick something "I have lived in regional areas for 2 years blabla" you are lodging your application

Bugger!😠

You see, these days people are not even allowed to cheat to achieve an objective 😉

I don't know where this world is heading to....

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Maxzone said:

I lodged mine 3rd December, am I next? Is it good news or bad??

Sent from my CPH1871 using Tapatalk

Hi Maxzone, which state you are living now? Sometime it's depend on the state as well and occupation. 

Thanks 

13 hours ago, Tian said:

Hi Guys, 

I am a silent follower of this forum. I have submitted my 887 since DECEMBER 2018 and they have opened my application TODAY (after less than 4 months). Not sure if I should be happy or worry as they require further information for my Spouse while I have front loaded all documents.

My friend applied recently for a partners visa and had to submit all that stuff for relationship proof.

Her agent told her to submit all photos nicely organised: you put them all as images on Word document, in a grid of 4 photos per page, all photos signed with "where you are, what event, date photo is taken". For example: "Jane and I are at our friend's wedding at McLaren Vale, "Vino" winery, 12 December 2018". Add stat decs from friends, family, neighbours and colleagues to proof you are a proper couple (form 888?). Add joint account statements, joint health insurance papers, joint lease agreement etc.

Hope this helps. 😉 🙂 

• Like 1

Few week ago, someone said his/her friend got direct grant on March while case officers were processing until February 10. This time they picked from December 5. I have no word to describe it, hard to guess what they gonna do next. Next few week gonna be crucial, we will find out if they gonna pickup randomly or not. Lets hope for best guys.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Maxzone said:

Few week ago, someone said his/her friend got direct grant on March while case officers were processing until February 10. This time they picked from December 5. I have no word to describe it, hard to guess what they gonna do next. Next few week gonna be crucial, we will find out if they gonna pickup randomly or not. Lets hope for best guys.

I heard yesterday about a Italian guy, he applied to 887 in March 2018 and got his PR March 2019 (last month). Not a direct grant though.

Clearly they don't follow the queue.

I'll get more details to share.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, George said:

I heard yesterday about a Italian guy, he applied to 887 in March 2018 and got his PR March 2019 (last month). Not a direct grant though.

Clearly they don't follow the queue.

I'll get more details to share.

I am sure it’s about country. 1st 2nd 3rd world countries priority. 

I'd understand some applications taking longer than others to be assessed. Security reasons and access to information are important. Immigration department may have some agreements with some countries where they can access citizens' information easily. Shared data-base. 

If they don't have it, they need to contact the other country, request and wait for information. Delaying the process.

So, I understand different processing time, however, the order to pick the files shouldn't be related with the nationality. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SN133 said:

Hi All

Got my PR this morning. Timeline,

1) Applied - 05-02-2018

2) First CO (Adam) contact - 12/10/2018 and asked for

a) Form 1399 - for both wife and myself - PROVIDED

b) English language ability - Had submitted the transcript and degree certificate. But asked again. provided Statutory declaration along with the academic transcript and degree certificate.

c) Immigration health examination for my 8-year-old daughter - PROVIDED

3) AFP Clearance was expired by 16/03/2019 for both me and my wife. Renewed and uploaded after the expiry

4) Grant - 11/04/2019 - CO -Sophorn

Followed the forum and was useful. If anyone needs any specific info, I am happy to share my experience.

Hey bro what’s with English ability? Do u mean Ielts? Do we have to submit new ielts ? 😳😳

17 minutes ago, Russki said:

Country has definitely something to do with it - Russians are often treated with excessive suspicion and our files are under double-scrutiny! 😰🤪

image.png.c0f06e3d6669d353052888c07c2221fe.png

Your case is joke...a bad joke

I'm amazed how you keep such a positive attitude, but also explore alternatives (like a court case). Then find time to help here.

You're a perfect balance between being proactive and being cool/optimistic. 

You're a superstar

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, George said:

Your case is joke...a bad joke

I'm amazed how you keep such a positive attitude, but also explore alternatives (like a court case). Then find time to help here.

You're a perfect balance between being proactive and being cool/optimistic. 

You're a superstar

Thank you @George for such kind words. 🙂 I think we all here are heros for not losing it completely over such a long wait. 😄 

• Like 1

Hi Folks,  immigration team cannot skips date in 887 Visa  as it's first in first out basis. They can do with in month, some date first or later, but not like if they doing Feb now and they will jump to July or December. For bridging visa for new born or partner yes they ask for documents, inorder to include the dependent to main applicant VISA.

Just I m not offending others feeling. Patience is the only way out Here, to keep with it is very difficult indeed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ivy 12 said:

Hi Folks,  immigration team cannot skips date in 887 Visa  as it's first in first out basis. They can do with in month, some date first or later, but not like if they doing Feb now and they will jump to July or December. For bridging visa for new born or partner yes they ask for documents, inorder to include the dependent to main applicant VISA.

Just I m not offending others feeling. Patience is the only way out Here, to keep with it is very difficult indeed.

Thank you, your message gives me bit relief 🙂

15 minutes ago, Ivy 12 said:

I think Tian case is different then others, he has been contacted by CO. Surprisingly CO did not ask for work documents, they asked for his wife documents.  Required documents refers to a partner application not 887 application. One thing it legit that he did not apply for his partner bridging visa, on 887 you cannot include your wife after you have lodged your 887. CO has their unique way to open a file, they may choose any file to process further. We have to wait until something coming up within few weeks, then we can say something. Anyway all the best for current applicant. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kusai said:

Guys what this English language ability I m freaking out 😳???? 

F8242461-20C8-42AE-87CF-15043C72705A.png

As far as i understand : you need to provide a letter/declaration from your University stating that you passed in English including your degree and marks certificate.