887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

2 hours ago, Bern83 said:

Finding a new job on the bridging visa, now that is a different story... I suppose employers are thinking "what if the visa doesn't come through" and then they need to employ someone else.

Yes, you are lucky if you already have a job, when BVA comes into effect. 🙂 I was on bridging visa for almost a year, but my employer never questioned it as I was with then for a while. My son started looking for a job during our period on bridging visa and he struggled, all employer were turning him down. But as soon as we got PR he immediately got employment. 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Hi! 

Silent Follower 🙂

Submitted application on 05th April 2018

Contacted for updated AFP 21st May 2019

Submitted updated AFP 19 June (it was delayed)

No contact since.......

CO signature was Regina however I cannot see from my immi account who my CO is? Should there be an option to see this or are people just aware after receiving correspondence? 

TIA 🙂

7 minutes ago, c_707 said:

Hi! 

Silent Follower 🙂

Submitted application on 05th April 2018

Contacted for updated AFP 21st May 2019

Submitted updated AFP 19 June (it was delayed)

No contact since.......

CO signature was Regina however I cannot see from my immi account who my CO is? Should there be an option to see this or are people just aware after receiving correspondence? 

TIA 🙂

Same here, Contacted by CO Regina on 21st May, Still waiting

7 hours ago, Vayani said:

Hello everyone,

Anyone who applied 887 in April 2018? No response yet since visa officer - Divithotawela contacted on 23rd May 2019. Provided docs on 30th May 2019.

Same here mate, applied in 10/04/18,  contacted on 24th May (co Joan) & upload all required documents on 28th May.... now it’s killer silence 

Hi

I have applied this file through agent and i have given my agent email address and mine as well so co directly going to call me and ask further documents or they will contact through my agent?

and how many days they give us to update documents?

and is it ok if we update afp after 12 months even if they have not ask us to update?

Edited by rsp

18 hours ago, Happy and lucky said:

Hi All, 

I really need you help, I am in Adelaide on 489 and it's just been a month. We are planning to extend our family but I am unsure of any health insurance which gives no waiting period or small waiting period for pregnancy cover's.

Can any one please help me or guide me the best way to go through this.

Bupa or most insurance have 1 year waiting period and I am really not looking to push it to another year due to certain health conditions and having a baby without insurance is again very expensive ( is what I heard till now).

I don't know what to do from here, any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Please please add your thoughts:)

Thank you!

Hey, if you have your existing insurance documents from your home country available than Bupa can waive off the waiting period. I have done it. Cheers 

Hi Guys...

we applied 887 on 30th june 2018 and where requested for more documents on 23rd May 2019..

We submitted all documents on 17th June along with new AFP..

Any Idea how long does it take now??

Also do you all get call for CO’s...

• Like 1

I am a silent follower. Applied 6/20/2018. Granted today. 12 months direct grant. No AFP updated though I did renew and hadn’t uploaded. 2 years old kid born during 489 no request for medical check but we submitted GP certificates and photo declare. CO William. Queensland scheme.

Thank you for all the information! Good luck everyone!

• Like 16

17 minutes ago, Jess said:

I am a silent follower. Applied 6/20/2018. Granted today. 12 months direct grant. No AFP updated though I did renew and hadn’t uploaded. 2 years old kid born during 489 no request for medical check but we submitted GP certificates and photo declare. CO William. Queensland scheme.

Hi Mate, 

I have my baby born 2 months ago, updated all his detail with immi and provides passport copy, birth certificate, and and letter from GP( certificates states that bub is healthy). Could you please  clarify with me What is Photo declaration?

cheers, enjoy your freedom

Edited by 887:- 24/12/2018

13 minutes ago, Jptsap said:

Can you please ask how old is your friends baby? And they did full medical from BUPA or certificate from GP

His case and mine is same. I applied on 25th of Feb and requested for bub medical on 21st of May. I sub6it on 22nd of May since no contact at all. 

He submitted letter feom GP including all height,weight, vision ,hearing and GP mention that he have good health too. 

Hi guys I made a study on the data in our spreadsheet. I felt to share this with you guys. Just ignore if this is stupid. this study made on data from 887 visa tracking spreadsheet from 11/2017 to 06/2018

Total number of applications made, from 11/2017 to 06/2018 is = 381

Total number of applications, a CO been assigned , from 11/2017 to 06/2018 is = 329

Earliest date, which a CO been assigned for a application made in 11/2017 is 09/04/2018

Latest date of CO contact for an application made in 06/2018 is 18/06/2019 ( application date 19/06/2018)

Number of days between 09/04/2018 to 18/06/2019 is = 427

Average time taken by CO per application = 427 divided by 329 is = 1.29 days ( that’s not too bad).

So, if immigration keeps this speed up, an application made on march 2019 will be taken,

Total number of application made between 11/17 to 06/18 is = 381

Total. Number of applications CO contacted between 11/17 to 06/18 is = 329

Applications yet to be contacted by CO between 11/17 to 06/18 is = 381-329 = 52

Total number of applications been made between 07/2018 to 03/2019 is = 108

Total number of application pending till 03/2019 is = 108+52 = 160

Total time need to take 160 appliactions is = 160 * 1.29 days = 206.4 days , that is 7 months nearly. 

• Like 6

On 6/19/2019 at 11:21 AM, Prem said:

Hi , after submitting overseas police report how long do we need to wait roughly ?

For visa grant , do both of us need to be in Australia, as my partner is overseas now .

thank you 

Yes....887 is an onshore application.

On 6/20/2019 at 11:57 AM, Sharky0903 said:

Guys, just received pre-grant from co Joan requesting my eldest daughter to be back

timeline:

applied - 9 March 2018,

had newborn daughter- April 2019

first contacted by co Regina requesting my AFP - 15 May 2019,

sent daughter’s birth certificate and form1022 to gsm.business.support@border.gov.au - 16 May 2019,

got my daughter’s 489 and bva- 20 May 2019,

Submitted new AFP, all newborn daughter’s documents - 21 May 2019,

sent email to apply for eMedical form- 3 June 2019,

got eMedical form- 5 June 2019,

Submitted GP’s letter and eMedical consent form - 7 June 2019,

got pre-grant - 20 June 2019 from co Joan

have already arranged my daughter’s flight in early July, then wait again...

good luck to all !

Is there such a thing as pre grant? What does it actually says? 

2 hours ago, 887:- 24/12/2018 said:

Hi Mate, 

I have my baby born 2 months ago, updated all his detail with immi and provides passport copy, birth certificate, and and letter from GP( certificates states that bub is healthy). Could you please  clarify with me What is Photo declaration?

cheers, enjoy your freedom

I don’t think you need it for 2 month. My kid is 2 years old which looks different to the passport.

56 minutes ago, Cel said:

Is there such a thing as pre grant? What does it actually says? 

Pre-grant is just an email from the CO, informing that your case has been finalised. 🙂  Means, your visa is ready to be granted but not all applicants are in Australia. So CO is saying: "Here is your grant, waiting for you, get all applicants to Australia and receive your grant!" 🙂  We just call it "pre-grant" because it is not official yet.

4 hours ago, Dave said:

Hey, if you have your existing insurance documents from your home country available than Bupa can waive off the waiting period. I have done it. Cheers 

Hi all who helped and took out time to your help... 

I would appreciate any more suggestions and responses. 

If I plan to to my home country for delivery, how long I will have to stay there. How long it will take to get the newborn added with in our visa (489 and come back here?

If I go for Bupa insurance with 1 year waiting period, after waiting period, will everything free/included (like, routine checkup, x-rays, ultrasound) or there are hidden costs ? Incase any one had similar experience please share your thoughts. Thank you.

5 hours ago, Jess said:

Hi Mate, Congratulation on your visa grant. My story is pretty much like yours, Can you please give me little bit more information about Photo declaration and GP certificate. My Daughter is 2 years old but I haven't submitted anything like this. It will be very helpful if you can help me out with that.

Thanks a Lot and enjoy your big moment.