887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

9 hours ago, Anna said:

Me too 4th oct🥺 no reply yet

Hi Anna, 

Are you the only applicant or with family you have applied. 

I have applied with my wife - I'm the primary applicant,  We are expecting our baby in 4 weeks , I really hope to get my golden email soon.

Fingers crossed!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy.L said:

Hi Anna, 

Are you the only applicant or with family you have applied. 

I have applied with my wife - I'm the primary applicant,  We are expecting our baby in 4 weeks , I really hope to get my golden email soon.

Fingers crossed!!

Hi there, 

we are 2 applicants my husband n I. Spoke to my agent he said this is going to be slow as due to holidays n all till mid February. I am so anxiously waiting for my email first thing I ll do is to quit my work, i work for such a horrible person you have no idea just to meet my visa conditions. 
congrats on baby, yes you indeed needs this mail as urgently as I do, prays for you...

On 1/6/2020 at 11:06 AM, Stellajane said:

ACTION REQUIRED FROM ALL US

NEW SBS NEWS ARTICLE IN THE PIPELINE

Hi guys, last August-September 2019 we - as the 887 community on this forum - experienced some true struggles as the DHA was increasing the processing times over and over again. At that given point it was up to 23-24 months processing times.

Really happy to see that they have decreased the processing times now, but still they are a loooong wait if you're waiting on your grant to further built up your life.  

On this forum a few people organised some media attention and a few articles were published on SBS Punjabi. And with some success!

My personal story was published also within one of those articles and YES we did receive our direct grant on 11/11/19. I do believe that the media attention did trigger something with DHA as a lot of 887 applicants did receive an additional email stating that their case was going to be assessed soon.

Anyway... media attention is great to address the never ending limbo 887 applicants are in. DHA should decrease the processing times to at least an appropriate level as we all have been in the country for 2 years already.

Mr. Shamsher Kainth from SBS Punjabi contacted me today again to follow up on my case and requesting if I did receive my grant, hence that he is ON the case and that he does care.

HE WANTS TO WRITE A NEW ARTICLE FOR SBS REGARDING THE STRUGGLES WE'RE FACING WHILST WAITING FOR OUR PR.

his email address: shamsher.kainth@sbs.com.au

He needs to have information from you!

Please write him a letter to describe what your struggles are, why your case seems to be delayed (asking for additional paperwork whilst already provided, not getting the information for the baby medicals on time, not getting another job application because you're temporary, al those things,..), what you want from DHA (more clear information regarding processing times, better communication,...) and what you reckon could improve.

Grab this opportunity with both hands. Every media attention that you can have is great.

Cheers, 

Stellajane.

@TTTF@Dee@nudgee@Megrand1@TakeItOnTheChin@887 2019@Skaur@SUDIP@Hope

To ALL whom are above the 12 months waiting period.

I'm reposting my post above from last week.

Altough I already have received my PR, I do believe it will be of great help if you write Shamsher your story.

TAKE ACTION - If you have complied to your visa conditions - have NO FEAR of getting your story published in the news.

Good luck!

Edited by Stellajane
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

28 minutes ago, Anna said:

Hi there, 

we are 2 applicants my husband n I. Spoke to my agent he said this is going to be slow as due to holidays n all till mid February. I am so anxiously waiting for my email first thing I ll do is to quit my work, i work for such a horrible person you have no idea just to meet my visa conditions. 
congrats on baby, yes you indeed needs this mail as urgently as I do, prays for you...

You can still quit that job and find anything else. Don't suffer dear you are not sponsored 

11 minutes ago, Stellajane said:

To ALL whom are above the 12 months waiting period.

I'm reposting my post above from last week.

Altough I already have received my PR, I do believe it will be of great help if you write Shamsher your story.

TAKE ACTION - If you have complied to your visa conditions - have NO FEAR of getting your story published in the news.

Good luck!

Thanks Stellajane, Much appreciated. 

All - Please share stories, where it can count and make difference. 

This forum can help all, but cannot get directly reach out to authorities. 

The hard work previously done is showing results,  where the media is proactively wanting to cover the stories. So please act if you are struggling with the processing timelines. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Anna said:

Hi there, 

Thanks Anna,

I'm sorry to hear about your work situation,  Hope you too get your golden email soon and move on with new life!!

Thanks for your wishes for my baby. 

All the best 

1 hour ago, Skaur said:

You can still quit that job and find anything else. Don't suffer dear you are not sponsored 

Believe me I have checked everywhere now at the age of 29 I dont want to work for $12an hour he is the only person paying legal pay rate in this town. Also i am so hopeful we ll get golden mail soon so thats why also my job is permanent as well. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Anna said:

Believe me I have checked everywhere now at the age of 29 I dont want to work for $12an hour he is the only person paying legal pay rate in this town. Also i am so hopeful we ll get golden mail soon so thats why also my job is permanent as well. 

Why are you working there?

GRANT GRANT GRANT GRANT GRANT & GRANT🍾😀🤸‍♂️

HI Guys . want to share my joy with  you guys  

Got a Golden Email today @ 10:30 am. Family of 3. 

Applied 26/10/2018

Direct grant today 10/01/2020 by CO Wendy.

It's been a long way since i came here as a student and dreamt of getting PR. FInally today my dream came true. So so happy.

Thanks everyone in this forum for cooperation and valuable suggestions .

And Best of luck for those who are still waiting just need bit more patience guys.     

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3