State Sponsorship tracker again!

Guest Adelaide_bound

Guest Helchops

Congratulations!! It feels like the world should stop to acknowledge such a momentous occasion - in our case we had to go straight to work!!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest dmcevilly

Handing in my notice this week..... 8 weeks notice I have to give..... Then I'm off!!! Ahhhh. To keep funds down I'm going to stay with a friend in Melbourne (for free) while I search for a job in Adelaide as recruiters not really taking my applications serious enough at the moment because I'm still in the UK. Free accommodation is nothing to be sniffed at and would make things so much easier financially. However, with my state sponsorship am I required to land in SA to validate visa. Or would Melbourne suffice for now??? Any help would be appriciated. Thanks for all your messages so far guys...... xx

Guest Helchops

You can land anywhere in Oz me thinks, but I'm in the same boat with employers and from what I've read it's a common problem so don't worry about that. I'm thinking job seeking itself will actually become my occupation in the short term!

Wahoooooooo! I've got my VISA GRANT! Only got my CO assigned today but had already uploaded everything including Police Checks and Medicals. He just required some further proof of employment, which I emailed back as soon as I received the email. Then 15 minutes later I had my Visa Grant! I can't believe it! I want to wake everyone up!

congratulations.jpgFantastic! what you going to do now you haven't got to keep checking your status? i'm checking mine about 3 times a day:wacko:

Hello everyone,

I haven't been on the forum for a little while as we've been busy getting medicals and police checks sorted since submitting our 176 visa application in January.

I wondered if anyone else on here from the UK is having to try and get hold of their old P60s? DIAC obviously assess you again for the points, and in addition to my husband's positive ACS assessment, have asked for P60s to cover the whole period of his professional experience, which is going back 8 years. :arghh:

He only has P60s from 5 years back and has asked the tax office if they can issue copies - i think DIAC also said a salary schedule from them would also be OK. Typical that his employer that far back has been taken over and could only provide him with his last two when working for them as all the old one's been archived.

Just wondered if any other UK forumites have had to do this and how long it took? This is all we need for them to issue our 176 visas!!! Also for anyone else on here, bear in mind you will probably be asked for similar by DIAC despite having a positive skills assessment and State Sponsorship.

Any shipping companies UK applicants on here would recommend?

And lastly, what exactly do you get when your visa is approved? Do you send your passport off or is it just recognised electronically at the Oz passport control?

Best Wishes to you all X

Hi Petal,

We needed P60's too. but like yourself I only had past 5 years. DIAC accepted bank statements for the 5 years previous, but we had to supply 4 statements from each year, showing that my wages was going into my account. It was easy to request these from our bank.

Good luck!!

Hi Petal' date='

We needed P60's too. but like yourself I only had past 5 years. DIAC accepted bank statements for the 5 years previous, but we had to supply 4 statements from each year, showing that my wages was going into my account. It was easy to request these from our bank.

Good luck!![/quote']

Hello Bevev's,

thanks so much for your reply - we shall certainly look into this as I suspect it will be much quicker than waiting for the tax man to help us - they only ever work fast when they want money!!:biglaugh:

Guest thebokke

Hello all,

First post on these forums but I've been reading all the useful information on here for a while. What a great resource this is for those looking to emigrate to SA, theres some excellent advice given on here and you all seem like a good bunch.

Having talked about emigrating to Aus for some time, in January my fiancee and I decided to actually do something about it, so we are in the early stages of the process. We've got a skills assessment done through VETASSESS, we both passed the dreaded IELTS test and have just submitted our state sponsorship application. Fingers crossed the rest of the process goes smoothly and hopefully we'll get to meet some of you in Adelaide in the not too distant future! :smile:

Can you add me to the timeline spreadsheet please?

Cheers

[TABLE=class: application-details]

[TR]

[TD]Nominated Occupation: [/TD]

[TD]Environmental Manager[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR=class: head]

[TH=colspan: 2]Application Process[/TH]

[TH=class: date]Milestone Date[/TH]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Online Application Completed & Submitted[/TD]

[TD]05 Mar 2012[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2] Complete Set of Documents Received by Immigration SA Office[/TD]

[TD] 13 Mar 2012[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Guest benj1980

Hey guys great to see so many people making progress/getting visas! I just wish I was in the same boat!! I am currently waiting for my teaching qualifications to be assessed and this should be done in a couple of weeks (checking the status update regularly, nothing has ever changed!) I see that SS seems to take around a month to be granted. I haven't seen the online application is there a way of seeing it? I want to be fully prepared to send this when I get my hopefully successful assessment!

Thank you for any advice!!

Guest Heather2011
Hey guys great to see so many people making progress/getting visas! I just wish I was in the same boat!! I am currently waiting for my teaching qualifications to be assessed and this should be done in a couple of weeks (checking the status update regularly, nothing has ever changed!) I see that SS seems to take around a month to be granted. I haven't seen the online application is there a way of seeing it? I want to be fully prepared to send this when I get my hopefully successful assessment!

Thank you for any advice!!

its nothing to worry about, its fairly straight forward...you can always have your research bit done ready to copy and paste in. You will also need your IELTs cert ready to input number.

Guest benj1980

Ah ok thanks that is a relief, I have an IELTS number. Research bit?! I don't even know what that is!! I am just a little concerned by getting everything together to I apply before July 1st.

Out of interest how do you get that footer thingy working with all your dates?!!

Guest Heather2011
Ah ok thanks that is a relief, I have an IELTS number. Research bit?! I don't even know what that is!! I am just a little concerned by getting everything together to I apply before July 1st.

Out of interest how do you get that footer thingy working with all your dates?!!

Your research bit is to show you have researched SA, the areas, schooling if applicable, jobs, housing costs etc... i made a comparison to my life in the UK. cost wise etc...opportunities for children as well. You really have to sell yourself and if thats means putting some cringe worthy material together then that is what you have to do.

Guest kamalg

Hello All

GREAT NEWS !!! :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

176 VISA Granted today !!! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Application Lodged 15 Jan 2012

Last of the police reports submitted 14 March 2012

Visa Grant email received 15 March 2012

Thank you to all pomsinAdelaide members who have helped me along my DIY process, for your guidance and support

for all of you awaiting the outcome of your visas i wish you all the very best :smile:

kamalg

Guest Heather2011
Hello All

Thank you to all pomsinAdelaide members who have helped me along my DIY process, for your guidance and support

for all of you awaiting the outcome of your visas i wish you all the very best :smile:

kamalg

Excellent!!!

Keep us posted with updates though...

Hello All

kamalg

congratulations2.jpg Excellent news, :)

Guest newbietoaus
Hello All

kamalg

CONGRATS kamalg:wubclub:

Guest Heather2011
Just got to share.... We got a case officer today, hopefully won't be too long now :smile:

congrats...have you booked your meds yet? We have ours tommorrow at the Spire in Manchester, they had an offer where the youngest child goes free!

congrats...have you booked your meds yet? We have ours tommorrow at the Spire in Manchester, they had an offer where the youngest child goes free!

Booked for next week in Birmingham, but i like the idea of get one free:smile: Good luck tomorrow..

Edited by mummytummy

Guest ian915

Just to share, SA is updating the receipt of documents promptly. If your tracker is not updated within 2 working days, it is likely that you or your agent sent the wrong documents again. Do not wait too long to find out because the expiry date is 30 days from online submission

Guest mahsamr
Hello All

kamalg

Really Great kamalg , mega congratulation to you :):smile::wubclub:

Really Great kamalg , mega congratulation to you :):smile::wubclub:

Hi everyone, well we eventually got hold of the old P60s (well a salary schedule) from my husband's previous employer, which DIAC are happy with. They sent a Form 80 to be filled out yesterday - god, i do hope this means we are there now as they have both our medicals and police checks?!!

Don't think we can face any more forms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:arghh:

Hi everyone, well we eventually got hold of the old P60s (well a salary schedule) from my husband's previous employer, which DIAC are happy with. They sent a Form 80 to be filled out yesterday - god, i do hope this means we are there now as they have both our medicals and police checks?!!

Don't think we can face any more forms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:arghh:

*** UPDATE *** Well, struth, we woke up today to an email from DIAC saying we've been granted our 176 visas!!!! And it's Friday - result!! Isn't it a fantastic feeling, and to all of you out there still going through the process, all the best! It's taken us about a year from start to finish from initially gathering together all the various paperwork, transcripts and certifications for our skills assessments, and all without a migration agent. The main lesson i've learnt which i would share with all UK people on here is about the P60s - however many years professional experience you intend to claim, you'll need P60s/a salary schedule from employers during that time, to back it up. It took us over a month to get that, and held our visa grant up for that time, so worth getting them now if you'll be in a similar position.

Well, we're Adelaide bound around January 2013! Best Wishes to you all, Petal X

:jiggy: