State Sponsorship tracker again!

Guest Adelaide_bound

Guest Heather2011

Hi I have rebooked for the 10th Dec, 4th time, annoying as it seems i am getting 9s in 3 areas and 7.5 then 7 in writing in the last 2 tests, i got an 8 in writing the first time and 7.5 in the listening!. SS will expire in the meantime...will SS frown upon another application? is it likely to be granted a 2nd time?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having a nightmare at mo; i didn't get my much needed 8 in my writing so decided to switch to 475. this was another option for us or so we were led to believe since June! almost lodged on Thursday night and agent phoned to say i didn't have enough points! HE says i can't claim maximum points for my work experience because it was completed prior to my degree! even though i didn't need my degree to do my job and have been in this field since 1999! So confused, upset and angry. Have paid nearly £2000 in fees and VETASSESS so far. State sponsorship is ticking away and i think our new life is going down the drain...phoned DIAC who said submit and let a CO decide but again alot of money to payout if it going to be declined.

Any advise guys, i need you experts to help me!

Poms in os and poms in adelaide have been far more helpful than my agent...just the way i am feeling at mo

Sorry forgot to say i have 65 points with the maximum work experience, if isubmit and let CO decide this could potentially strip us of 5 points!

My qualifications are after my work experience, I'm claiming 5 years experience (2006-2011) and my qual certificate is 2010. I have a CO and has marked me as "met" for qualifications and work experience. CO has emailed to say he is only waiting on my meds & police checks.

I have heard some people & agents say that quals have to be before experience, but I'm the proof that it's not always the case!

I'm going as Project & Programme Admin with a certificate in Higher Education from Open Uni (You don't need this qual to do my job it was for personal interest but it allowed me to pass vetassess requirement).

Hi I have rebooked for the 10th Dec, 4th time, annoying as it seems i am getting 9s in 3 areas and 7.5 then 7 in writing in the last 2 tests, i got an 8 in writing the first time and 7.5 in the listening!. SS will expire in the meantime...will SS frown upon another application? is it likely to be granted a 2nd time?

I would email SA and explain situation - they may look kindly on you and extend the SS? It's worth emailing to ask :o)

Guest sksmith
In addition to Amy 79's advice, I'm unsure if it's possible to ask SS for a mini extension, might be worth the try? I would advise asking George Lombard, he's a migration agent/lawyer that will do email consultations. You can get a quote from him and he will only charge you for the advice you require. (My estimate would be a few hundred AUS dollars.)

Guest Heather2011
My qualifications are after my work experience, I'm claiming 5 years experience (2006-2011) and my qual certificate is 2010. I have a CO and has marked me as "met" for qualifications and work experience. CO has emailed to say he is only waiting on my meds & police checks.

I have heard some people & agents say that quals have to be before experience, but I'm the proof that it's not always the case!

I'm going as Project & Programme Admin with a certificate in Higher Education from Open Uni (You don't need this qual to do my job it was for personal interest but it allowed me to pass vetassess requirement).

Thanks Amy

It gives me hope! I am like you, i didnt't need it for my job hence the experience prior, but it enabled me to get the VETASSESS hurdle jumped. My agent didn't submit prior experience with a different employer because i didnt need it to get VETASSESS assessment. Once you lodge does it go straight to CO or does it go through another step before? DId you do it yourself or did you use an agent?

Can you get in touch with COs before you lodge?

Thanks Amy

It gives me hope! I am like you, i didnt't need it for my job hence the experience prior, but it enabled me to get the VETASSESS hurdle jumped. My agent didn't submit prior experience with a different employer because i didnt need it to get VETASSESS assessment. Once you lodge does it go straight to CO or does it go through another step before? DId you do it yourself or did you use an agent?

Can you get in touch with COs before you lodge?

Hi Heather, I did the whole process myself, I personally thought an agent would be a waste of money (I understand some people appreciate their advice, support and guidance in complex cases), but for my situation I just didn't see the point.

From what I understand you submit your visa app, you get an automated email telling you how to provide all the additional info (Such as passport photo, work experience info) then several weeks later you get a CO, they look at your application and the additional proof you had uploaded and then they contact you with what additional info you need to provide.

I don't think you can contact a CO before you lodge.

Hi Amy

Where you way over the 65 points without the work experience?

30 points for age (31 when applied, 32 today my birthday)

20 points for IELTS band 9

5 points for state sponsorship

10 points for 5 years skilled experience

10 points for "qualification recognised by the assessing authority in assessment of the skilled occupation"

Heather, what occupation are you applying under? Is it one that demands a degree or lower level qualification? If it was me I'd presume that as vetassess passed you and SS passed you then it would be odd for DIAC to not grant on basis of qual after experience if both vetassess & ss think you're good!

It might be worth you posting a new thread with a suitable title such as "Qualification after work experience advice please" on pomsinoz / poms in adelaide - you might find someone who has more experience pops along to advise.

Guest Heather2011

Hi Amy

I am applying under Education Manager nec

If i can't get the 15 for work experience then i only have 60 points. I lost 10 points in April when i turned 40. VETASSESS took forever to get the assessment back so i missed the turning 40 deadline and subsequently the old points system.

Guest hglim94
Hope everyone had a good weekend. It's noticeable how, unlike other forums/threads, things seem very quiet here over the weekend. No updates to post from obsessive checking of SS or visa progress!

Hglim94 -if you get any news, please let us know! Your docs were logged as received a few days before ours for the same occupation, so I'm anxiously waiting to hear your good news in the hope that we won't be too far behind! ;-)

Hi~ oidara,

I'm refreshing the tracking site every 5 minutes :)

I'll let you know as soon as I receive the result. I guess I might get the result tomorrow as the one who had same occupation as me and applied 6 days earlier than me got the result last Wednesday.

Hi~ oidara,

I'm refreshing the tracking site every 5 minutes :)

I'll let you know as soon as I receive the result. I guess I might get the result tomorrow as the one who had same occupation as me and applied 6 days earlier than me got the result last Wednesday.

Yep, me too! Have become terribly obsessive! Hope you get to hear some good news soon - good luck!

Hi wanna,

My word was enough for the CO. If they want proof, they can always request it from you. Please let me know if you find out how long it takes via courier, etc. I have no idea how long it takes, I was assuming two to three weeks after the medical for it to reach Global Health in Sydney... Patience is not my strong suit!

Thanks! I will write to my CO tonight.

My doctor is driving me nuts. He almost never answers the phone. It's so frustrating. I've been calling him all day long today. No luck.

I want him to send my docs via DHL. He said it should take 4 working days, as opposed to regular mail... which takes up to 3 weeks.

So, I wanna talk to him before he sends it by regular mail ( tomorrow probably )... I don't want to wait. I wanna DHL. Geez. Hope I can reach him in the morning.

And he even doesn't know where he is supposed to send the docs. At least he didn't know last time we spoke. Sydney, right?

Unbelievable. Just unbelievable. It's driving me crazy. I wanna scream :arghh:

Guest sksmith
Thanks! I will write to my CO tonight.

My doctor is driving me nuts. He almost never answers the phone. It's so frustrating. I've been calling him all day long today. No luck.

I want him to send my docs via DHL. He said it should take 4 working days, as opposed to regular mail... which takes up to 3 weeks.

So, I wanna talk to him before he sends it by regular mail ( tomorrow probably )... I don't want to wait. I wanna DHL. Geez. Hope I can reach him in the morning.

And he even doesn't know where he is supposed to send the docs. At least he didn't know last time we spoke. Sydney, right?

Unbelievable. Just unbelievable. It's driving me crazy. I wanna scream :arghh:

My doctor never returned my call from a week ago. They were sending it to Australian High Commission in my home country, Canada.(Which is the slower route, probably didn't want to pay for the courier fees to Oz!) I'm patiently waiting 3 wks to see if it's been received by Global Health in Sydney before chasing down anyone/or following up with Global Health to see if it's been received.

They should be sending it to Global Health in Sydney. http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/panel_doctors/conducting_medicals/where_to_send_australian_visa_medical_results/

Address is:

Level 3, 26 Lee Street

Sydney NSW 2000

Australia.

Good luck, I'm sure it's only a matter of 3 weeks or so if they won't send it DHL for you. Let me know as soon as you hear anything and I'll do the same!

P.S. Probably worth your time to go straight to doctor's office first thing before docs get sent out, with extra money for courier!

Great, thank you. I will give him the address. I don't want him to send my docs to Vienna or wherever.

Yeah... he doesn't wanna pay for the courier either. I will pay the difference. He told me that it is an option if I really want to.

And I do. :smile:

I'm fed up with waiting...

P.S. I would go to his office if I knew that he would be there... But, most probably it would be a waste of time. He has 3 offices, and who knows which one it will be tomorow... if any.

Guest sksmith
Great, thank you. I will give him the address. I don't want him to send my docs to Vienna or wherever.

Yeah... he doesn't wanna pay for the courier either. I will pay the difference. He told me that it is an option if I really want to.

And I do. :smile:

I'm fed up with waiting...

P.S. I would go to his office if I knew that he would be there... But, most probably it would be a waste of time. He has 3 offices, and who knows which one it will be tomorow... if any.

Good for you, I wasn't given the option! I would advise adding your TRN number somehow to your application if you filed an e-Visa so it doesn't get lost in some pile.

Best wishes and keep me posted wanna.

P.S. Probably his office assistant sending the docs and not the actual doctor?

Good for you, I wasn't given the option! I would advise adding your TRN number somehow to your application if you filed an e-Visa so it doesn't get lost in some pile.

Best wishes and keep me posted wanna.

I was just thinking about that and you wrote it.:smile:

Worry just never stops...

Thanks for the advice. Best wishes to you too sksmith... and keep me posted of course.

P.S. Probably his office assistant sending the docs and not the actual doctor?

Ah, well... it is complicated. I think this guy is his own assistant. That's why everything is so poorly organised as it is.

Guest sksmith
Ah, well... it is complicated. I think this guy is his own assistant. That's why everything is so poorly organised as it is.
Oh no... Good luck to you my friend. Maybe you can prepare the DHL envelope (pre-pay) for your doctor to just slip in the envelope and have DHL pick up or find a drop off box? Just a thought...

I got so worked up that I just left my doctor's office another message for them to call me back! LOL, I won't hold my breath. Next step will be to call Australian High Commission to see what they know. Will wait until tomorrow...

I sent him an email stating the correct address. And wrote all about DHL and stuff. Just hope he reads it.

I will call him tomorow. I will sit on the phone till he answers.

Awww man... sometimes I forget how everything in my country is sooo disfunctional.

Working in IT is a blessing.

Guest TheEdwardsFamily

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce ourselves and add to the tracker.

We originally applied for a family sponsored 176 in Nov 09, since then we have been moved around every group and category the diac could think of!

Anyway the wifes job recently appeared on the SA and WA SMP, SA was always a choice along with Townsville Qld( where my family are), so we applied for SA sponsorship 21st oct, documents received 4th nov and now waiting fingers crossed.

Am I right in thinking we could have State Sponsorship before Xmas? And then about a month or so later a case officer? And then it's only taking a couple if months to get a grant?

Guest Helchops

Hi there!

I will add you to the tracker on the next update!

Things certainly are moving at a good pace; especially in historic terms. It seems even quicker if you front-load your application.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce ourselves and add to the tracker.

We originally applied for a family sponsored 176 in Nov 09, since then we have been moved around every group and category the diac could think of!

Anyway the wifes job recently appeared on the SA and WA SMP, SA was always a choice along with Townsville Qld( where my family are), so we applied for SA sponsorship 21st oct, documents received 4th nov and now waiting fingers crossed.

Am I right in thinking we could have State Sponsorship before Xmas? And then about a month or so later a case officer? And then it's only taking a couple if months to get a grant?

Hi The Edwards Family,

Yes, your time frame seems logical, however, one word of caution, this process is not logical (aaaagh). Lets hope it all works out for you this time.

IrishStew (OH)

Guest mihaitza

Hello Amy, best of luck, you are very close to your visa.

I would need some advice and if possible to share some particular experience from you.

I have applied at Vetassess for 511112 and they turned me down after 6 months. They were saying that my qualifications (Bahelor in Management) are alright, but my experience in project management (nearly 5 years) is to closely related to ICT (IT).

I would very much appreciate if you could share your responsibilities and domain (field) of PM in which you had your experience assessed as suitable for 511112.

Thank you!