State Sponsorship tracker again!

Guest Adelaide_bound

Guest FortWilliamLoyal
Well, if you have meds or police checks that will make you exceed the deadline for doc upload, then you should upload the evidence that you booked it. We did it just in case.

Good idea, maybe write a letter explaining they are being processed.

Thanks for that!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everyone, i've noticed looking through the timelines people have given that for state sponsorship some people get date for their documents being recorded a week or so after they were sent, whereas other people list a docs received date much longer after, yet seem to get a decision much quicker?!

Does anyone have any insight into how SA looks at our applications - perhaps in groups of occupation? Any ideas?:skeptical:

Hi everyone, i've noticed looking through the timelines people have given that for state sponsorship some people get date for their documents being recorded a week or so after they were sent, whereas other people list a docs received date much longer after, yet seem to get a decision much quicker?!

Does anyone have any insight into how SA looks at our applications - perhaps in groups of occupation? Any ideas?:skeptical:

Hi Petal38,

SA state that they will log the receipt of docs within 2 days. Our docs were taking too long so we sent a second set, within a week of posting this second set SA updated us that they had been received.

They do seem to work in occupation groups, this has been reported here and on other forums and to be honest I think the tracker backs this up.

IrishStew (OH)

Thanks irish stew. Can i be a geek and ask which postal service you used which took ages and which one was quick? We used the international signed for royal mail from the UK. The next option up was something ridiculous like £51!

Cheers!

The first time we used Royal Mail Signed for - same as you. The second set we sent was standard Royal mail!!!

IrishStew (OH)

Guest Adelaide_bound

Broken Record Alert:

DO NOT USE ROYAL MAIL INTERNATIONAL SIGNED FOR SERVICE.

They DO NOT track the documents once they have left the UK, there is no tracing and no come back. We have learnt this the hard way with several packages for my husband's business (he regularly sells things to the US and other overseas places). If you are sending them international signed for, you might as well just send them first class airmail.

We used a courier, I think it cost something around £30 for fully traced documents door to door (I think I mentioned the name of the bloke who signed for them on this thread), using a courier broker (think it was DHL who got it in the end), http://www.interparcel.com/ very good ioho.

HTH someone

My documents took a month and three days to get to SA. They kept my SS application alive anyway and granted me sponsorship. I would definitely not recommend anyone else to try this... but if it happens, it's comforting to know that they won't ditch you application instantly after 30 days period expires. There is hope :-)

Oh yes... just to mention... they told me in the post office when I was sending docs that they should get to Oz in like 15 days tops. LOL

Guest RobJ1978

We got SS!!!!!! so happy...completely missed the 3rd line...just checked this morning and it said approved!

Congrat's to everyone else who has been successful!

:wubclub:

:v_SPIN::jiggy:

Guest sksmith
We got SS!!!!!! so happy...completely missed the 3rd line...just checked this morning and it said approved!

Congrat's to everyone else who has been successful!

:wubclub:

:v_SPIN::jiggy:

Woo hoo, congrats!

Thank you all :-)

I really hope that everyone else gets their CO soon.

I also don't understand how they determine the queue. Occupation, number of dependants, country, clarity of all the docs given ( although this wouldn't seem logical to me )?

Have been reading lots of threads on this in the last couple of months and was unable to break 'the code'. Didn't think it will go this quickly for me according to previous similar cases.

I uploaded all the docs last week and the only thing CO asked for now is that I do Meds.

Guest Guest8609
Thank you all :-)

I really hope that everyone else gets their CO soon.

I also don't understand how they determine the queue. Occupation, number of dependants, country, clarity of all the docs given ( although this wouldn't seem logical to me )?

Have been reading lots of threads on this in the last couple of months and was unable to break 'the code'. Didn't think it will go this quickly for me according to previous similar cases.

I uploaded all the docs last week and the only thing CO asked for now is that I do Meds.

You did the right thing.

Guys, I suggest you upload all the files BEFORE you get CO, because after that every file added later requires pestering CO for changing document status - or a nervous wait.

What files are they likely to need? I looked at the document checklist (below) but it seems like people tend to upload a lot of other stuff too.

I'm also a bit confused about form 80 as it seems like some people fill it in and others don't. Doesn't it basically contain the same information as is on the online application?

Certified copy of passport bio data page for all applicants

Certified copies of birth certificates or other evidence of age, showing names of both parents, for all persons in the application.

If you or any applicants are married, certified copies of marriage certificate(s) and evidence you are in a genuine and continuing relationship.

Evidence of competent English language ability for all applicants over 18 years of age.

Completed form 80 for each person aged 16 years and over.

Two recent passport photographs (45mmx35mm) for all applicants and any dependents who are not migrating.

Hey Oidara, this is what I uploaded:

Certified and translated birth certificate

Certified passport copy

IELTS report

Skills assesment letter from ACS

One .jpeg passport photo

Academic transcript from university I graduated from

University diploma translated, certified + original color scan

Employers statement as a proof of work experience - luckily I have great employers who had no problem with giving me a respectable recommendation for DIAC

Penal clearance certificate

And requested SA to send form 1100 ( proof of SS ) the same day I got my TRN from DIAC.

Last week called panel doctor to book my meds.

9.11. was the first date he could offer me. Good I didn't wait until contacted by CO cause I would have to wait two weeks longer.

Decided to wait with form 80 and 1221 until asked. I have been travelling for business extensively and it would kill me if I had to write it all down :smile:

CO didn't mention those for now.

Thanks, wanna. That's really helpful. I hope we get away with that amount of documents too as we've been nomads since 2001 and it would be a nightmare trying to provide information on all of that!

Actually, one other question just occurred to me:

If you submit your 176 application online, do you ever have to send the originals of the documents listed by snail mail? Or is it all done over the internet?

I ask because most of our certified copies of things have the certification on the back of the document or on the second page, so the CO will just have to trust that the scan of the notary's signature did indeed go with that document!

Actually, one other question just occurred to me:

If you submit your 176 application online, do you ever have to send the originals of the documents listed by snail mail? Or is it all done over the internet?

I ask because most of our certified copies of things have the certification on the back of the document or on the second page, so the CO will just have to trust that the scan of the notary's signature did indeed go with that document!

No snail mail.

Yeah, this issue you mention bothered me also. The stamp is on the other side, so it is subject to fraud I guess. That's why I also uploaded color scan of original for my diploma...

Passport copy was stamped and copied on the same page; so that's ok.

And for birth certificate... I mean, information on it are pretty much straightforward so it is easily determined if everything is a part of the same translation. And they can always give a call to the court interpreted who translated the document to check.

For other documents I didn't bother with certification. I found it pointless for exactly the same reason mentioned above. It just seemed more appropriate to upload color scans of originals. They certainly look more authentic ( simply cause they are :biggrin: ) than certified copies and can be easily verified. Either with my employer or university or ACS or IELTS or whoever...