State Sponsorship tracker again!

Guest Adelaide_bound

Most of the ICT occupations are already filled out. So, people are rushing to rest high availability occupations. Please don't worry, everything will be fine.

Thanks! Trying not to get too worked up, but our first occupation (Software Engineer) went off-list just as we were about to apply, so it's hard not to worry!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oidara,

Let me tell you my experience. I sent the papers when my occupation was in Medium Availability with many other occupations.

My papers arrived, I was assessed and I got my sponsorship. The same day my occupation change to Low Availability and now is under Special Conditions.

Saroar did all he can do and the situation is pretty different than with VIC sponsorship. That means that he and you are in the best position to get your sponsorship (your documentation is there and there is High Availability).

Now, you only have to wait.

Seba

Thanks, Seba. Good to know you still got a place even with your occupation at Medium. Fingers crossed we get lucky too.

Guest sksmith
Just when I thought I had attached everything I need, I realise I have to send off for Australian police checks too:mad::mad:
Oh no! Hopefully it's not a lengthy process?

Guest sksmith
2-3 weeks to get them back I think.
How frustrating. Hopefully it will go by quickly for you.

I'm trying to figure out how long our paper-based medicals will take to clear, I figure it will take approx. that much time as well. I have no clear time frame or tracking number for that matter so it's going to be an interesting wait.

Just when I thought I had attached everything I need, I realise I have to send off for Australian police checks too:mad::mad:

What as well as the British Police checks?? Why?! Does everyone have to do this? How do we do it?

Luke

Guest LouiseMary
Congratulations LouiseMary, happy halloween! When are you heading out? ...and good luck Ovel.

Hi eclare, 6th January, i have to get my son in school forthe start of the year!! but soooo much to do , its totally differant when its all real ! but still exciting

Guest LouiseMary
OVEL - I agree with lpkm, pleased for you but VERY jealous - you have really bounced forward.

LouiseMary - Congratulations

IrishStew

Thanks Irishstew, moral of the story do it yourself!!! no agents ....

Thanks lpkm:jiggy:

Guest LouiseMary
How frustrating. Hopefully it will go by quickly for you.

I'm trying to figure out how long our paper-based medicals will take to clear, I figure it will take approx. that much time as well. I have no clear time frame or tracking number for that matter so it's going to be an interesting wait.

Sorry belated Congratulations sksmith!

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum but have found some of the posts useful background and to know there are lots of other kindred souls out there going through the stressful, yet exciting process of a life down under!!

We lodged my husbands application for SS for SA (176 visa) middle of last week for Analyst Programmer, so hopefully they will receive hard copy of everything in the next few days. Comparing the ACS and Vetassess the ACS took forever (about 14 weeks) and Vetassess only took 8 and their level of customer service and communication was far superior to the ACS.

I have to be honest and confess i'm bricking it as the IT occupations seem to be filling up so fast, but at least this one is still listed as high availability so fingers crossed! It's torture not knowing how many people are ahead of you to be assessed for the same occupation and how many spaces the quota has.

Luckily we have a plan B which is SS to ACT through me for a 176 visa - not our first choice but we thought best to keep our options open. At least SS for SA is free to appy for - ACT charged me $300! I sent my hard copies yesterday, so will be interesting to see when we both hear back - hoping will be before Xmas. Not bothered if the actual 176 visa takes a while to come through, just want to get SS secured for SA preferably.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed and love to hear more about other people's experiences and how long SA are turning around SS applications at the moment?

Cheers xx :)

Guest Adelaide_bound

Firstly - huge congrats to all who have lodged/granted/etc over the last few days - sorry have been otherwise disposed recently.

Couple of things from the pages I missed :

If the CO doesn't require anything i.e. you front loaded then there is no reason for them to contact you :smile:

Did you front load with meds and PCC?

I think they email you anyway, just to tell you the name of your CO, what team they are in and how to contact them - FortWilliamLoyal, you go on to say in a later post that you need to get an Ozzie PCC as well - the email would have had a letter attached asking for this, however if you don't have a CO then the items couldn't have changed to 'met' as its not that you've uploaded something called a birth certificate etc, it actually has to be checked that it is actually a birth certificate iyswim - could it be the CO has entered your email address incorrecly maybe? Can you either email the general info address (which I think was who we had to email for the CO, just with the team number in the email address, eg adelaide.gsm.team4@immi.gov.au, with your TRN in the subject line ), or if that gets no results the perhaps desperate measure of uploading a letter saying 'I'm not getting any emails, but my documents have been moved to met - help!' lol - if there is someone reading your docs, they should see that :) The problem being you won't get your grant letter etc if you aren't receiving emails.

IpKm' date='

What does 'front load' mean please.

Bev[/quote']

Front loading is uploading your documents, getting your medicals done and uploading them and getting your police checks done BEFORE you get a CO - its when you want to be in Australia asap, are applying for a 176 and know you will be able/will be in Australia within a few months of the grant, as you only have 12 months to validate from the date of the police check, so if you aren't going until you have sold your house or something, and can't really afford a validation trip on its own, then its best to not front load your meds/police checks, but can front load the rest as that makes no difference (unless you are going to be getting married in the meantime, or your passport runs out or something like that, iyswim). HTH

Congrats once again to all :)

And just wanted to say a big thanks to Helchops of the fabo hard work, really appreciated by everyone, past, present and future I am sure :)

Hi All

Is it my imagination or is the DIAC processing slowing down. They were working at approx 2 weeks from filing to CO allocated.

Perhaps the number of cases is ramping up as the 2011 points system "beds in".

Sorry, but it's just me having a bit of a moan. I am watching out for Helchops, Newbietous and AMY79 getting a CO and hopefully we won't be far behind.

IrishStew(OH)

Guest Helchops
Hi All

Is it my imagination or is the DIAC processing slowing down. They were working at approx 2 weeks from filing to CO allocated.

Perhaps the number of cases is ramping up as the 2011 points system "beds in".

Sorry, but it's just me having a bit of a moan. I am watching out for Helchops, Newbietous and AMY79 getting a CO and hopefully we won't be far behind.

IrishStew(OH)

I'm not sure, but if DIAC want to move forward more than seven days, we should have a CO by the end of the week.

According to this webpage DIAC are currently 'up to' the 30th September - meaning everyone who applied for a 176 before that date has a CO. So, if they want, for example, to put 7th October in the next update (Just a movement of 7 days when it has been 11 and 14 typically, they will have to assign CO's to all applicants before 7th...)

DIAC has also stated that it wants to start processing Category 5 Applicants, and are speeding up on Category four and three to meet that criteria, so I can't understand why it would slow down dramatically.

Finally, when we contacted DIAC yesterday, they told us that the COs scan through the applications initially to see what type of cases they've got. The lovely lady on the phone then suggested that they may contact some before others as they can see that some applications need more doing to them, so they email those people first.

As always this is pure postulation...keep fingers crossed!!

Hi guys...

I have been following this thread for some time now and I would like to join THE WAIT.

Please add me to the tracker:

SS Application Date : 24.08.2011.

Docs received : 27.09.2011.

SS Granted: 10.10.2011.

Visa filed: 25.10.2011.

And thank you all so much on many, many useful and interesting information provided over time! It's made everything so much easier :-)

Guest FortWilliamLoyal

Seeing as a lot of my checklist has been changed to met, I'm sure I have a CO. They still haven't emailed me though and as said before, I'm sure that's because I front loaded my medicals.

What I'm worried about them not contacting me is that my Autralian police checks will take a few weeks to get back to me so I can upload so I'm hoping they will contact me so I can explain this to them and make sure I'm not missing any deadlines!

Guest Guest8609
Seeing as a lot of my checklist has been changed to met, I'm sure I have a CO. They still haven't emailed me though and as said before, I'm sure that's because I front loaded my medicals.

What I'm worried about them not contacting me is that my Autralian police checks will take a few weeks to get back to me so I can upload so I'm hoping they will contact me so I can explain this to them and make sure I'm not missing any deadlines!

Well, if you have meds or police checks that will make you exceed the deadline for doc upload, then you should upload the evidence that you booked it. We did it just in case.