• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Guest8609
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to introduce ourselves and add to the tracker.

We originally applied for a family sponsored 176 in Nov 09, since then we have been moved around every group and category the diac could think of!

Anyway the wifes job recently appeared on the SA and WA SMP, SA was always a choice along with Townsville Qld( where my family are), so we applied for SA sponsorship 21st oct, documents received 4th nov and now waiting fingers crossed.

Am I right in thinking we could have State Sponsorship before Xmas? And then about a month or so later a case officer? And then it's only taking a couple if months to get a grant?

Hi, you are one of those whose visa struggle I was observing for over two years in terror :/ DIAC moving goalposts, making regulations that worked backwards, etc. Currently with State Sponsorship , visa proccessing goes soooooooo smooth, that most people can't appreciate it, complaining about additional DAYS of wait. Quite recently it was about 6 months for State Sponsored applicants, a year or 1,5 for 175 and about 3 years for other categories (providing everything went smooth!). And you never knew whether you are still elligible, cos you may have lost points, SOL changed etc.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Once you get state sponsored you are safe. It seems the situation is stable now and hopefully first changes DIAC makes will be in July 2012.

Case Officer assigned today woop :-)

Great news Chris - one wee step closer. Its been a bit quiet so great to see you progressing.

I must say I agree with Lenore, we all complain and get worked up over a few days delay. Much smoother than the nightmare delays that used to the norm.

IrishStew (OH)

Guest TheEdwardsFamily

Hi guys

Thanks for the replys. I can't believe how quickly things can progress now, still expecting something to crop up to throw another spanner in the wheel! We was going to front load our meds and police checks but we are going to wait till we get a case officer and they ask for them, a bit pessimistic I know but we still don't believe it could all go so smoothly.

Guest TheEdwardsFamily

Hi guys

Thanks for the replys. I can't believe how quickly things can progress now, still expecting something to crop up to throw another spanner in the wheel! We was going to front load our meds and police checks but we are going to wait till we get a case officer and they ask for them, a bit pessimistic I know but we still don't believe it could all go so smoothly.

Guest manykids!

Hi congrats to all who have had good news recently! We are progressing nicely now and the good news is we now we have a case officer yippee!!!

Just wondered if anyone could recomend a good panel doctor in the south, we live in Southampton so anywhere in Hampshire (Southampton, Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Newbury etc area would be ok, We are looking for a nice friendly doctor who can cope with 4 children, dad and a nervous mum!!!

Hi congrats to all who have had good news recently! We are progressing nicely now and the good news is we now we have a case officer yippee!!!

Hi Manykids, that's good news. Waiting re 176 is not as bad as the agony of waiting for SS!!!!

All the best for your meds. I found the below informative (we go for our meds on Friday.)

http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/pane.../instructions/ there is a PDF called Instructions for medical and radiological examination of Australian visa applicants the info AFTER page 28 is informative.

IrishStew(OH)

Guest Guest8609
Hi Manykids, that's good news. Waiting re 176 is not as bad as the agony of waiting for SS!!!!

IrishStew(OH)

I totally agree! If you have all docs ready for 176 then you're fine. With SS you never know and many people can't apply for a visa without it.

Guest TheEdwardsFamily
I got my SA SS Approved this morning :) Very relieved and relaxed at the moment. Will start working on the 176 application.

Congratulations, that's pretty quick.

Hi Path2Aus,

Really pleased that you got your SS approved. I am a bit fed up though because our docs were received on October 25th and still no response!!:-(

Does anyone know if they assess in job groups rather than in order of receiving them?

Anything to cheer me up would be gratefully appreciated!!

Bev

I got my SA SS Approved this morning :) Very relieved and relaxed at the moment. Will start working on the 176 application.

Thanks for the link IrishStew and good luck on Friday with your medicals - fingers crossed!

Let us know how you get on :)

First of all congrats to Path2Aus and The Edwards Family.

We went for our Medical Yesterday.

2.5hr trip to Dublin, as there are no Panel Doctors in Northern Ireland. We decided to stay overnight and make a nice wee trip out of it.

Must admit, we did wonder if this was our last visit to Dublin - hope so!!!!

The Meds were just as simple as everyone on PIA said.:cool:

They were very efficient and no hassle for all four of us. We left 1.5hours later and about £1000 the worse off!!!!!:mad:

Firstly they did the paper work, took our photo, then off to give bloods and we were left in peace to do the urine sample.

After that it was into see the Doc. We were asked if we had any med history and or hospitalizations. Blood pressure was taken (and it was good, which is great as my BMI is 42).

Weight and height measured, Doc looked into my eyes, ears, mouth. Listened to my chest. Dipstick test on Urine, which she said was OK. Did the eye sight chart thingy. She then got me to resist her as she pushed down on my arms etc.

And that was about it, she told us that we were all fine so it’s now up to the blood checks and x-ray. X ray was very straight forward and dignified for all.

So that's it, now another wait. They said it should be uploaded within seven days, but we know that sometimes things get messed up.

Our Police checks arrived this am, so thats all we can do for now.

Hopefully we will hear before christmas which would be nice.:biggrin:

IrishStew (OH)

Guest Helchops
Hi Helchops

Can you update us on the Tracker - MEDS and PCC 18th Nov.

Thanks for all your hard work.

IrishStew (OH)

Hey all - will be doing an update tomorrow. Have been following closely, but as there wasn't much activity, saved the update. Congrats on all the recent movement!

Guest Kalinka
Hey all - will be doing an update tomorrow. Have been following closely, but as there wasn't much activity, saved the update. Congrats on all the recent movement!

Hi Helchops,

Can you please add me to your update: applied for the 176 visa 11.11.11!

Thank you!

Guest Helchops

Updated Trackers:

SS Tracker

176 Tracker

Edits are as follows:

1) Irish Stew - Meds booked & completed

2) FortWilliamLoyal - CO Allocated

3) Amy79 - Meds booked for 3rd December

4) Petal38 - Docs rec. 8th November

5) RobJ1978 - Lodged Visa on 14th November

6) TheEdwardsFamily - Added to tracker (welcome!)

7) ManyKids - C/O assigned on 16th November

8) Path2aus - SS Approved (many congratulations!!)

9) Kalinka - Lodged Visa on 11th November

If there are any updates that I missed, send me a Private Message and I'll take care of it right away!

Hi All,

Forgive my ignorance, I'm sure someone has commented on this in past, but I can't find it.

After the meds - how do you know that they have been sent/received as opposed to MET?

Should I advise my CO that the Meds are completed or should I wait a day or two to give the Clinic time to up-load them (or whatever it is they do)?

Thanks

IrishStew(OH)

Guest Adelaide_bound
Hi All,

Forgive my ignorance, I'm sure someone has commented on this in past, but I can't find it.

After the meds - how do you know that they have been sent/received as opposed to MET?

Should I advise my CO that the Meds are completed or should I wait a day or two to give the Clinic time to up-load them (or whatever it is they do)?

Thanks

IrishStew(OH)

When the meds are done and sent to them (and received by them, if that makes sense lol), then the first check list changes to 'received'. Ie - you got to the page to log in (the 'E-Business System' page, where you put in your passport number, TRN, date of birth and citizenship), then the first page once you've logged in has person 1 and your name and then a couple of lines underneath it (one should be the medicals line) and then person 2 with the same and so on.

Its on that first page you can see if they have received them, if they are referred it will say 'referred' alongside them instead (which isn't a panic as loads of people get them referred, sometimes it only takes a few hours more than not being referred). Then they look at them and if they are ok it will change to MET on the second page of documents (the 'Document Checklist' link page).

Hope that makes sense?

(Once you get granted, that first page changes and the medical bit goes off it btw).

But yes, tell your CO you've done them and have been told by the clinic they are being uploaded via E-Health, so they know to look out for them :) Bridge Clinic took a couple of days I think to upload ours, but then we had them done on a Friday, so think by the time they got back to work on Monday they were thinking about the people on Monday etc, so maybe that's why, and they possibly have to wait for blood tests to come back and the Doc at the clinic to look at the results as well? Not sure on that one.....anyway, yes, email CO and if they aren't changed to 'received' in a week or so just call up the clinic to prompt them incase they have forgotten or something lol :) (but they won't have :D so don't stress )

As ours were uploaded, they were shown as uploaded on the DIAC tracking system. I think that part of the system is automated, and doesn't require CO approval.

Hello Helchops,

Thanks for your work in updating the SS Tracker - it's such a useful document. I've a couple of questions i'm hoping you or other UK members on here may be able to answer. Just thinking ahead to if, and when (fingers crossed!!:eek:) we secure SS and applying for the 176:

1.) Where can you get a list of UK approved medical panels for your medical and can you start this process immediately after securing SS? How much does it cost per person and how long does it take to organise? We're in North East England and not sure if approved panel here or nearest is Edinburgh;

2.) I read somewhere ages ago that if the applicant and dependant are both native english speakers, you don't have to pay a phase 2 fee to DIAC? Is this right? Is it just one payment upon 176 submission and then meds and police checks on top?

3.) Do you have a year from being granted a 176 within which to actually move to South Australia?

I'm hoping those of us under the Analyst Programmer occupation will start to hear results in the next week or so!! Nervous excitement as it's still showing high availability and it's two weeks since my husband's application was lodged.

Thanks in advance for your help :smile:

Guest Adelaide_bound

1.) Where can you get a list of UK approved medical panels for your medical and can you start this process immediately after securing SS? How much does it cost per person and how long does it take to organise? We're in North East England and not sure if approved panel here or nearest is Edinburgh;

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/u/united-kingdom/panel-doctors.htm

You can go and get your meds done as soon as you want, but they are only valid for 12 months so it depends how quickly you want to move over etc.

The costs vary according to clinic - if you call them they should be able to let you know.

Waiting lists vary from 12 hours to a few weeks depending on how many people need to use that clinic really - we had to wait a couple of weeks, others have received appointments the next day at the same clinic we used, so it varies really :)

2.) I read somewhere ages ago that if the applicant and dependant are both native english speakers, you don't have to pay a phase 2 fee to DIAC? Is this right? Is it just one payment upon 176 submission and then meds and police checks on top?

Yep, as long as you have UK passports, its only the first instalment to pay to DIAC and then your meds cost to that clinic (they all charge differently - we saved a couple of £100 by going to Maidenhead instead of Birmingham for ours for eg for the two of us) and the ACRO cost (something like £30 + £5 for each additional certificate you may want, if you want any extras for anything else).

3.) Do you have a year from being granted a 176 within which to actually move to South Australia?

You have 12 months from the date of your Police Check (ACRO) to validate your visa - that is visit Australia - it can be an in and out visit, a holiday, or whatever. You then have a further 4 years to move over until the 176 runs out (then you either apply for Citizenship if eligible or RRV visas when leaving Oz for any reason).

We thought it was 12 months from either the medical or police check, but the 12 months is on the police check date for us, which was after our medicals so we came to conclusion it must be on the ACRO date, but haven't had that confirmed by DIAC.

Hope that helps :)

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/overseas/u/united-kingdom/panel-doctors.htm

You can go and get your meds done as soon as you want, but they are only valid for 12 months so it depends how quickly you want to move over etc.

The costs vary according to clinic - if you call them they should be able to let you know.

Waiting lists vary from 12 hours to a few weeks depending on how many people need to use that clinic really - we had to wait a couple of weeks, others have received appointments the next day at the same clinic we used, so it varies really :)

Yep, as long as you have UK passports, its only the first instalment to pay to DIAC and then your meds cost to that clinic (they all charge differently - we saved a couple of £100 by going to Maidenhead instead of Birmingham for ours for eg for the two of us) and the ACRO cost (something like £30 + £5 for each additional certificate you may want, if you want any extras for anything else).

You have 12 months from the date of your Police Check (ACRO) to validate your visa - that is visit Australia - it can be an in and out visit, a holiday, or whatever. You then have a further 4 years to move over until the 176 runs out (then you either apply for Citizenship if eligible or RRV visas when leaving Oz for any reason).

We thought it was 12 months from either the medical or police check, but the 12 months is on the police check date for us, which was after our medicals so we came to conclusion it must be on the ACRO date, but haven't had that confirmed by DIAC.

Hope that helps :)

THANK YOU for such a helpful reply Adelaide bound!

Especially good news about not having to pay the second phase visa charge - that would save a lot of money!!

:jiggy: