Australia Citizenship - What's the update?

deftown

• 2 weeks later...
Just an update on the timeline.
Application date : 01 June 2021
Test Date: 30 July 2021 (got cancelled due to snap lockdown in Adl)
Test date: 13 August 2021
Passed the test with100% and uploaded the birth certificate in original language the same day.
Spouse's application approved: 13 September 2021
I wrote an email to immigration requesting update on my application: 17 September 2021
Received the standard reply: 21 September 2021
Application approved: 29 September 2021

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I am an applicant who received PR via 887 visa and now applying for my citizenship.

I really learnt a lot from the 887 forum of this site and through the information received I submitted a perfect application and received my PR in 3 months of applying.

I have a few queries on the citizenship application.

1. Do my wife and I have to submit 2 separate applications via 2 separate immi accounts or can I add my wife on my application

2. For Evidence of arrival in Australia what should I submit. I initially came over to Australia under a 489 visa in 2018 and then travelled to my home country for a period of 2-3 weeks for a holiday in December 2019 and returned to Australia. I have never been out of Australia since my return from holiday to homeland

3 For identity documents other than passport and Australian drivers licence that I will submit what is the third document I can submit. I prefer not to submit birth certificate as it is in language of home country

Thanks so much

On 2/5/2022 at 3:09 PM, auscit82 said:

Hi everyone,

I am an applicant who received PR via 887 visa and now applying for my citizenship.

I really learnt a lot from the 887 forum of this site and through the information received I submitted a perfect application and received my PR in 3 months of applying.

I have a few queries on the citizenship application.

1. Do my wife and I have to submit 2 separate applications via 2 separate immi accounts or can I add my wife on my application

2. For Evidence of arrival in Australia what should I submit. I initially came over to Australia under a 489 visa in 2018 and then travelled to my home country for a period of 2-3 weeks for a holiday in December 2019 and returned to Australia. I have never been out of Australia since my return from holiday to homeland

3 For identity documents other than passport and Australian drivers licence that I will submit what is the third document I can submit. I prefer not to submit birth certificate as it is in language of home country

Thanks so much

1. Same immi account can be used

2. The passport you used while entering Australia in 2018 

3. Proof of age Card     

Hi folks, received my invite to the pledge ceremony today 9th Feb 2022.

Applied June  2021

Test / Interview  Aug 2021

Invite to Ceremony 9th Feb 2022 (by email) also copy on Immi account. 

Ceremony date 21st Feb 2022

Onkaparinga council, Adelaide

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone

Sharing my and wife's timeline 

Mine

Applied on 15 Oct 2021

Letter for test received 17 Nov 2021

Test date 14 Dec 2021

Approval date 14 Dec 2021

Letter for oath ceremony 24 Mar 2022