State Sponsorship tracker again!

Guest Adelaide_bound

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi- no news yet. They have taken the fee etc and we have had confirmation. We lodged on 21/2 so that's five weeks on Tuesday coming....(am guessing they are just busy)

We don't plan on going till march next year so this wait is prob better for us..

Not stressing (although the waiting is hard) might email them next week for an update tho..

Good luck and keep us posted.

Anna

Guest winsonwongsg

Same to me. They got my money and just waiting for the case officer to attend my application. 4 more days, it will be 1 month. I guess you will get a case officer soon as far as i understand, it will takes 1 month time for them to process.

Winson Wong

Hi- no news yet. They have taken the fee etc and we have had confirmation. We lodged on 21/2 so that's five weeks on Tuesday coming....(am guessing they are just busy)

We don't plan on going till march next year so this wait is prob better for us..

Not stressing (although the waiting is hard) might email them next week for an update tho..

Good luck and keep us posted.

Anna

Thanks for the good wishes folks! Just for your info, we submitted to DIAC on 22nd December and got an email from our case officer a couple of weeks later. They probably will be busier at the moment, but i'd just email them to put your mind at rest.

In the meantime we got on with organising our medicals (sometimes you have to wait a few weeks for an appointment), and those results take a week or so to filter through DIAC's system. Our police checks were back with us a week after we posted them (just the normal service £30 odd quid each) so we then scanned those and sent them off to DIAC. Finally, our visas have to be activated by 24th Jan 2013 - we thought it would be a year from our grant date (yesterday), so just to share that.

And remember those pesky P60s! :biglaugh:

Thanks Petal.

We have ten years or so of wage slips ( it's the analyst in me) and we have sent a selection from the last few years as proof of service along with all of the paperwork required by DIAC so fingers crossed.

We are flexible on arrival dates but would prefer march as I get a bonus that month so we'd like to hang on for it if we can...

We plan to email them next week if we have not heard anything....

Will keep PIA Updated xx

Guest hanciely

its so comforting to see so many visa grants........... and happy faces.............. drives in some energy to wait further,,,,,,,,,,,, congrats guys..............

Guest kapilkhera2005

Hi winsonwongsg,

I got positive assessment from ACS for " ICT Systems Test Engineer".

I am willing to apply for 475 Visa

How much minimum IELTS score is required to get State sponsorship from south Australia for " ICT Systems Test Engineer"

Also, Request you to please share your IETS score in each band.

Regards,

Kapil

Guest newbietoaus
Hi winsonwongsg,

I got positive assessment from ACS for " ICT Systems Test Engineer".

I am willing to apply for 475 Visa

How much minimum IELTS score is required to get State sponsorship from south Australia for " ICT Systems Test Engineer"

Also, Request you to please share your IETS score in each band.

Regards,

Kapil

Great News... Do not delay in sending your application. SA needs 6 in each section. Good luck!!!!

All applicants must provide a copy of a valid IELTS test result with their supporting documentation, unless they hold a valid passport from, and are a citizen of, the United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, United States of America, or the Republic of Ireland, (these passport holders only need to provide an IELTS test result if the special requirement for their occupation is 7.0 or higher). This IELTS test score must be less than two years old at the time of sponsorship decision.

Some occupations have additional requirements that you must meet in addition to all other sponsorship requirements. If there is no special requirement listed you are required to meet the threshold requirement of 6 in each band for sponsorship

Guest thebokke

Just found out we've been approved for SA State Sponsorship!!!!!! :biggrin:

Can anyone tell me at what point you get the DIAC TRN/BCC number? Is it only after you've completed the initial application and have uploaded the supporting docs? Is the number only given after you pay the visa fee?

Can anyone tell me at what point you get the DIAC TRN/BCC number? Is it only after you've completed the initial application and have uploaded the supporting docs? Is the number only given after you pay the visa fee?

Congratulations on your SS approval!

You don't get your TRN number, or anything else for that matter, until you've paid your visa fee. Prepare yourself for filling out a long application form. At least SA don't charge you to apply for SS - some other states do.

I would love to know how much money Oz is making from all their skills assessment organisations and DIAC's fees! A LOT, still, worth every penny!

:biglaugh:

Guest winsonwongsg

hi,

As per Kapil, newbietoaus is correct. 6 for all bands in IELTS is sufficient. Quickly send it out to DIAC as time is limited nowadays.

Have fun with your form filling process.

Winson Wong

Guest thebokke
You don't get your TRN number, or anything else for that matter, until you've paid your visa fee. Prepare yourself for filling out a long application form. At least SA don't charge you to apply for SS - some other states do.

Thanks Petal!

Now for the dilemma, think I may be offered a 457 sponsored job in Perth, do I risk it and go for it, being a nice paid position off the bat or continue with the 176 to SA. We have friends and family in Perth which could make the transition to AUS easier, however its a big risk if I lost the job which would mean my partner and I had to go home!!!!

What do you reckon? Advice appreciated

Edited by thebokke

Thanks Petal!

Now for the dilemma, think I may be offered a 457 sponsored job in Perth, do I risk it and go for it, being a nice paid position off the bat or continue with the 176 to SA. We have friends and family in Perth which could make the transition to AUS easier, however its a big risk if I lost the job which would mean my partner and I had to go home!!!!

Hi thebokke,

That is a tough one!:arghh: You say you 'may' be offered a 457 sponsored job - I guess it's important to take into consideration how long you'll have to wait before you know for sure if you'll be offered it. I also know from friends that with the sponsored visa you tend to get a lot of your relocation expenses paid for, which is worth a lot financially, plus the visa application is much cheaper than the 176. I can also understand that having family and friends will make the move easier, we don't have any family in Oz, but we do have friends all over which even helps.

However, and I can only speak for us, but knowing we now have a permanent residency visa feels fantastic, and we know that when we make the move to SA, we can really settle and put down roots in Oz without having any uncertainty looming in the future of having to apply for residency, and whether we'll be granted it etc. I've always had a gut feeling that if the global financial situation hits Oz in the slightest, the first thing they'll tighten up on is their immigration programme and the number of PR visas they grant. The other thing to bear in mind is that if you've got state sponsorship behind you and you apply for your 176 now, before all the changes and skilled pool criteria comes in July, you are pretty much guaranteed your 176. From July onwards, even with SS secured, you're no longer guaranteed. So this could well be your best chance to get a 176 visa.

The other thing to really ask yourself is do you see this as a permanent move, and do you prefer Perth or Adelaide as they're quite different, particularly climate wise (personally, Perth would be too hot for me), and ask yourself where the best job opportunities in your field are?

It's a tricky one, and only you can decide! Good luck with whichever you go for!:wink:

Guest lifeisgood

you will get the TRN number after payment of fees..

Guest benj1980
Thanks Petal!

Ironically I go to Perth today for a holiday, I'll let you know what it is like! We are going to Perth purely to reduce costs due to family and friends living there. Having said that I have always been attracted to SA, maybe the marketing is better?! You have to back yourself and go with what feels right, but for me I don't think my trip will sway me away from SA. I guess it also comes down to family circumstances, if there are children involved etc... The risk of having to up root them if the job wasn't as good as first thought etc... Your rights and entitlements are also slightly different as well I believe so you may wish to look into this.

I guess you should consider yourself lucky that you have such a choice to make!!

Guest thebokke
Hi thebokke,

That is a tough one!:arghh: You say you 'may' be offered a 457 sponsored job - I guess it's important to take into consideration how long you'll have to wait before you know for sure if you'll be offered it. I also know from friends that with the sponsored visa you tend to get a lot of your relocation expenses paid for, which is worth a lot financially, plus the visa application is much cheaper than the 176. I can also understand that having family and friends will make the move easier, we don't have any family in Oz, but we do have friends all over which even helps.

However, and I can only speak for us, but knowing we now have a permanent residency visa feels fantastic, and we know that when we make the move to SA, we can really settle and put down roots in Oz without having any uncertainty looming in the future of having to apply for residency, and whether we'll be granted it etc. I've always had a gut feeling that if the global financial situation hits Oz in the slightest, the first thing they'll tighten up on is their immigration programme and the number of PR visas they grant. The other thing to bear in mind is that if you've got state sponsorship behind you and you apply for your 176 now, before all the changes and skilled pool criteria comes in July, you are pretty much guaranteed your 176. From July onwards, even with SS secured, you're no longer guaranteed. So this could well be your best chance to get a 176 visa.

The other thing to really ask yourself is do you see this as a permanent move, and do you prefer Perth or Adelaide as they're quite different, particularly climate wise (personally, Perth would be too hot for me), and ask yourself where the best job opportunities in your field are?

It's a tricky one, and only you can decide! Good luck with whichever you go for!:wink:

Thanks for the advice Petal,

You're absolutely right, its definitely a 'may' at this point and the offer could take some time therefore jeopardising the 176 visa which I have to apply for within 60 days. My skills are definitely in more demand in Perth though and there are lots of jobs going, but as you say there's plenty of uncertainty and I could easily lose my right to remain in the country should I lose my job. The financiial assistance up front would be a real bonus too, so it makes this a very tricky decision.

This is definitely a permanent move for us, so I'm probably leaning towards sticking with the 176. SA have been good enough to sponsor me so I'll give it my best shot, if I struggle to find work in Adelaide I can always ask to leave and head west. Staying in Adelaide for a couple of years could be a good way for us to get used to Australian life and its meant to be slightly cheaper too which will help. We have no kids yet, so that makes things flexible.

Thanks again

Guest thebokke

I guess you should consider yourself lucky that you have such a choice to make!!

Benj, good advice cheers! I'd be very interested to know how you get on in Perth. I'm leaning towords the permanent visa route as more of a 'secure' option, we don't have kids so moving at a later date (as a last resort) wouldn't be a show stopper, albeit a bit of a hassle with a lot of expense.

Thanks again for you advice and enjoy the holiday!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest newbietoaus

Dear all,

I received the magic email today...YES...visa granted........ :) Good luck for those who are waiting!!!!!!!