• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Helchops

Updates (5) for ovel, lpkm, Lenore, SuzieK, Josie, two_chants:

1) State Sponsorship Only Tracker Here (as of 18/09/2011) ovel and lpkm added

2) Complete SS/176 Tracker (ovel and lpkm added)

Reminder of Colour Scheme for SS/176 :

GREEN ~ Sponsorship Applied (Awaiting Decision) : 11

PURPLE ~ Sponsorship Granted : 12

RED ~ Sponsorship Refused : 1

ORANGE ~ Visa Filed : 11

PINK ~ Case Officer/Medicals/PCC: 10

BLUE ~ Visa Granted :2

Guest adelaide1937

This wait is killing me...hope to hear something good soon. Meanwhile I am in the struggle to bulge my account balance so that things could be made easier by the time I move in...I have still not decided when I should book the tickets...

Guest LouiseMary

Adelaide1937 ....When were you thinking of going? As we are looking at Jan 2012, and have booked already but deposits only, hopefully we could be granted a visa before balances are due! timelines look in our favour at the mo.

Have taken a punt as prices are rocketing.:v_SPIN:

Guest newbietoaus

Could some one correct me if I m wrong wrt the list of documents for visa submission:

I have worked with 3 companies for the past 8 years.

Company 1(2001-2004) : Experience letter and pay slips only.

Company 2 (2004-2006): Experience letter and pay slips only.

Company 3 (2007-2010): Experience letter , few pay slips and yearly income statement and few tax returns ( I have lost some years tax receipts but have the submission form).

Company 2(2010-unitil now) (Back to the same company with high pay and position): Experience letter, all pay slips and tax return.

Is the list of documents enough or should I collect the missing documents.

Any guidance from senior people will be highly appreciated. I am from India and working in Malaysia since 2004. TQ

Guest Adelaide_bound

Is this for SS or the 176 Newbietoaus? If its for your 176, your CO will specifically ask for what they want if you haven't supplied enough - I thought I had enough on one hand (payslips) but not enough on the other (ie that was all apart from my current work contact, but only the pages that state my position/hours/wage and not signed or anything), and my CO wanted one more payslip (to cover 13 months not just 12) and nothing more (as I didn't want to get a letter from my current employer). I think its just personal to them.

Ok was right to be worried. Just checked again and our application has been refused! So gutted words can't explain how we feel.

Basically I was applying for Accountant (general) and part of the requirement for SS was three years work experience. It looks like they have taken my work experience from the date I received my membership to the Accountants Institute and not the date I received my degree. This is despite the fact that after my degree I was doing the exact same job pre-CA qualification as after. According to many posts on here and PIO I took my degree date as the start of my work experience as that was the advice. Wonder if things have changed.

So gutted I feel like crying. Looks like we won't be going to SA afterall so its goodbye from us.

Good luck to everyone on this forum. You have been very helpful to us over the last few months.

Ok guys bit of an update. I have just found out that I was one month short of the required three years work experience and that was why my application was rejected! They took my work experience from date I qualified as an Accountant (even though I had to demonstrate three years work experience to get that in the first place!) and then ignored my maternity leave. This left me one month short - can't believe it.

Will be resubmitting my application at the end of September to play it safe. Gutted that SS decisions are taking so long now.

Will update you for the tracker when my application is in.

Thanks!

Guest adelaide1937

she is yet to schedule the exam and write it. we are planning to book the next available slot. But at what point of time/juncture does the spouse's IELTS results have to be produced?

I believe, at the point when you lodge the visa application - load all required docs together, especially if it makes up your points to the required amount.

I think the approval states a specific time frame in which you have to lodge your application in - 30 days or somthing like that. Check this, I could be wrong.

Good luck with the Exam!!!!

Guest Helchops

Congratulations Adelaide1937!!

With regard to your IELTS, these are the rules on DIAC website:

You must provide one of the following:

• your IELTS TRF Number to show you have a band score of at least four and a half (4.5) based on all four components.
    Important: If you are using an IELTS test to show functional English, it must be from a test sat no more than 12 months before making your application.
  • evidence that you have a degree, diploma or trade qualification requiring at least two years of full time study or training with all instruction conducted in English
  • evidence that you have completed at least one year of full time study in Australia towards a degree or diploma qualification with all instruction conducted in English
  • evidence that you have completed one of the following at an educational institution where all instruction was conducted in English:
    • your primary education and at least three years of secondary education, or
    • at least five years of secondary education

I'm assuming that if you don't provide the IELTS at the time of decision, you will need to pay the second instalment - but I'm not entirely sure...has your other half done any UK qualifications?

Guest Helchops

Updates (3) for FortWilliamLoyal, Adelaide1937 and LouiseMary (21/09/2011)

1) State Sponsorship Only Tracker Here

2) Complete SS/176 Tracker (ovel and lpkm added)

Reminder of Colour Scheme for SS/176 :

GREEN ~ Sponsorship Applied (Awaiting Decision) : 10

PURPLE ~ Sponsorship Granted : 13

RED ~ Sponsorship Refused : 1

ORANGE ~ Visa Filed : 11

PINK ~ Case Officer/Medicals/PCC: 11

BLUE ~ Visa Granted :2