State Sponsorship tracker again!

Guest Adelaide_bound

Hi LynseyB, I almost hate to suggest it because this is the PIA forum, but I got a recent note from PIO that the State of Victoria just released their SMP list. Might be worth applying to both SA and VIC (if you're on the list) in case SA decides to say no again? Just a thought...

Thanks for your thoughts, concern and advice. I have now got the services of an agent and it looked like I was one month short of work experience required so in the words of SA "if you apply now you will be successful." Therefore, think my chances are pretty good this time.

Had a look at Victoria and I don't have the managerial experience required so that is still out for us. Our hearts are set on SA though so hopefully we will get it this time!

Thanks.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

grats Bob and anyone else with further progress. Sorry I'm not being very cheerleadery for people - unfortunately the very thing I feared has happened at work, and upon handing in my resignation and telling my boss we were leaving she promptly called me to her office and told me they were pretty much seriously investigating me. I can't really go into details without giving hints to my identity that its probably best aren't on an open forum, however needless to say I am in bits and going to the doc tomorrow to be signed off work, don't know if I will be able to return now.

Just trying to hold on the fact in less than 6 months we will be sunning ourselves and starting our new life Down Under, whilst she will still be stuck in wet, miserable and depressing Midlands (no offence to the Midlands, just talking about our bit in particular lol).

Grats once again to everyone, and keep chin up to those *still* waiting :)

Oh dear....Don't worry ...All will settle down ultimately..Its just time you have to kill...And anyways...thanks for wishes :)

congrats Big Bob and enjoy the adventure.

Thanks Chris :)

Huge congratulations Big Bob! Fantastic news! Sorry about the delayed response - have been a poorly Josie. Am so happy for you. All the very best for your adventures in ACT!:smile:

Thankew Josie...wish you good luck too... :wubclub:... No need to say sorry ...I am still celebrating...:jiggy:

regards

Bob

Hey all! Hopefully we'll get some more good news this week - all updates are complete. If anyone has any others, let us know!

Up next for SS:

Amy79 (any news?)

ManyKids

Lslion

Updates (3) for BigBob, Josie and borivarka (25/09/2011)

1) State Sponsorship Only Tracker Here

2) Complete SS/176 Tracker

Hi Helchops

I have got SS on 19th Sept :o) Sorry for not updating sooner, I've been on holiday in Jordan.

Now need to sort everything out to apply for my 176.... I'll update you when I apply.

Thnx Amy

Guest Helchops

Congrats Amy79, let us know when you have submitted your Visa so we can update you on the tracker!

ManyKids and Lslion, let us know if that third line appears today!!!

Have a good day everyone!

Hey all,

Glad to see everything's moving along for everyone. We've done our meds and uploaded the PCC stuff today so we're just waiting on the decision. It'll be interesting to see how quickly that happens. Agent seems to think it might be as early as this week.

All the best,

Edvaldo

Hi Helchops

I have got SS on 19th Sept :o) Sorry for not updating sooner, I've been on holiday in Jordan.

Now need to sort everything out to apply for my 176.... I'll update you when I apply.

Thnx Amy

:wink:Congratulations AMY79, what a lovely present to come home to.

I'm sure you'll sail through the 176 process.

IrishStew (OH)

Haven't read the whole thread, and not sure of where to add my details, but here goes

Name: Chris_J

Date of SMP application: 17th Sep 2011

Docs Received by SA Office: Not yet

Trade/profession: Systems Administrator

Visa type: 176

SS Granted:

Visa Filed:

Visa Granted:

Guest FortWilliamLoyal

To follow on from my last post, I just got the 3rd line saying:

[TABLE=width: 800]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 2]Application Decision[/TD]

[TD]Immigration SA is unable to provide an indication of processing times. Keep monitoring this page and your e-mail for the decision on your application.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Surely I can't be far away now?!

Hi Helchops

Thnx Amy

Congratulations, Amy! :)

Guest Guest8609
Hi all!! I just submitted my medicals and my status now reads "Further Medical referred" this is really making me go nuts :arghh:

I have similar situation - we got a CO after a week, (while we were in progress uploading docs) so he marked existing uploaded docs to Met. The problem is I uploaded my defacto docs and passport photos AFTER he checked those first docs, and now nobody seems to be checking them!

It's a pity because relationship is the most time consuming part and in case we need to add something - I'd just like to know and have time to do so. For 2 weeks nobody took a look at those additional docs I uploaded.

Maybe they're waiting for a full set of docs, as we are having meds next Monday, and we should receive police certs any moment, too...

Guest Adelaide_bound

Lenore, everytime I uploaded something different I just emailed my CO and said 'just to let you know, we've uploaded x/y/z for you now' which I think prompts them to have a look - with DIAC and SS its certainly the squeeky wheel that gets oiled!

Jerrychokes - don't stress, lots of people get their meds referred, it shouldn't take any longer than a day or two more than if they aren't (unless you know you have a mild medical issue, like diabetes etc, but then it should only take a few days more from reading other people's situations and time lines etc). If its any more than a very mild medical issue, especially if you didn't know about it, your med centre should have contacted you to tell you the results before they sent them off, so try not to stress too much.

Guest Guest8609
Lenore, everytime I uploaded something different I just emailed my CO and said 'just to let you know, we've uploaded x/y/z for you now' which I think prompts them to have a look - with DIAC and SS its certainly the squeeky wheel that gets oiled!

Jerrychokes - don't stress, lots of people get their meds referred, it shouldn't take any longer than a day or two more than if they aren't (unless you know you have a mild medical issue, like diabetes etc, but then it should only take a few days more from reading other people's situations and time lines etc). If its any more than a very mild medical issue, especially if you didn't know about it, your med centre should have contacted you to tell you the results before they sent them off, so try not to stress too much.

Thanks, Adelaide_bound - it's very good advice. I didn't want to pester them but - it's their job isn't it? :)

As for medicals referred - I recently looked through forums and it seems vast majority of those is accepted eventually.

My OH had fractured spine as a result of car accident 6 years ago. After a year from accident doctors said he was fine and can do the sports, etc no problem. He lives as normal.

I told him not to hide that condition from panel doctors (medicals are on Monday), so he may have additional checks. We tried to retrieve docs about his injury from hospital, but it takes about 6 weeks, as their priority is court cases. I wonder what if they don't ask - do we have to tell panel doctors about eg broken/fractured limbs? I can't see it in Form 26...

Guest Adelaide_bound

I told him not to hide that condition from panel doctors (medicals are on Monday), so he may have additional checks. We tried to retrieve docs about his injury from hospital, but it takes about 6 weeks, as their priority is court cases. I wonder what if they don't ask - do we have to tell panel doctors about eg broken/fractured limbs? I can't see it in Form 26...

I think the doctor asked if we had any medical history, or rather said 'you've ticked all the No boxes on the form, you must be very healthy individuals'. We just smiled. Rob had a shoulder issue a year or so ago, and had to have an injection (possibly steriods, but I wouldn't bet anything on it lol), but as it apparently was something to do with his work, not a serious issue, the injection made it clear up and it didn't need any time in hospital so we just answered the questions on the form truthfully and didn't lie in the medical - to be honest we didn't even remember his shoulder until afterwards, but nothing the Doc said prompted us to remember it, so he can't really have asked about medical appointments or anything iyswim. I think the only difference for you might be if your OH spent time as an in patient in hospital - is one of the boxes 'have you ever been in hospital'? (But then again, I don't think there is as I had all four wisdom teeth removed in quite a grisly manner as an in patient about 10 years ago under general anaesthetic and don't remember putting that on the form).

Basically - don't lie, but imho I wouldn't volunteer info - its not relevant, as you say it doesn't impact on OH's life at all, so unless asked about it, why say anything? If the spine is a bit crooked, the doc might ask during the physical, and you can tell them, but its probably not relevant imho. (I didn't tell the doc about my useless ankles either that I've broken about 5 times as well - again, he didn't ask, there weren't any complications, and therefore didn't see it as relevant, on the same level as the cold I had last winter isn't lol :D) Good luck - where are you going?

Guest Guest8609
I think the doctor asked if we had any medical history, or rather said 'you've ticked all the No boxes on the form, you must be very healthy individuals'. We just smiled. Rob had a shoulder issue a year or so ago, and had to have an injection (possibly steriods, but I wouldn't bet anything on it lol), but as it apparently was something to do with his work, not a serious issue, the injection made it clear up and it didn't need any time in hospital so we just answered the questions on the form truthfully and didn't lie in the medical - to be honest we didn't even remember his shoulder until afterwards, but nothing the Doc said prompted us to remember it, so he can't really have asked about medical appointments or anything iyswim. I think the only difference for you might be if your OH spent time as an in patient in hospital - is one of the boxes 'have you ever been in hospital'? (But then again, I don't think there is as I had all four wisdom teeth removed in quite a grisly manner as an in patient about 10 years ago under general anaesthetic and don't remember putting that on the form).

Basically - don't lie, but imho I wouldn't volunteer info - its not relevant, as you say it doesn't impact on OH's life at all, so unless asked about it, why say anything? If the spine is a bit crooked, the doc might ask during the physical, and you can tell them, but its probably not relevant imho. (I didn't tell the doc about my useless ankles either that I've broken about 5 times as well - again, he didn't ask, there weren't any complications, and therefore didn't see it as relevant, on the same level as the cold I had last winter isn't lol :D) Good luck - where are you going?

It would be crazy to lie, because even if he passed medicals he might be still later kicked out of Oz. And simply because it's WRONG to lie :D

As for the form there's a queston about 'prolonged or repeated hospital admissions' - and he was once (6 years ago) for 5 days. The following year he had several check ups (without staying in hospital) and after about a year after the accident doctors said he had full recovery, no further treatment was required and he could return to normal life without any restraints.

So it looks like we may still not tick that point - there was neither long nor repeated hospitalisation.

The dilemma sounds exactly as you put it - to volunteer additional info... Or not to :D Spine fracture sounds terribly serious, that's why I was thinking of mentioning it, but unfortunately we didn't manage to retrieve medical data from the archives - this could mean they would ask for more medicals... And I don't want my OH to do X-rays twice - for the chest and again for spine :/ Not to mention all the other fuss with additional medicals.

Still, we asked for those records, I wouldn't mind using them for additional check up now, after years - if I manage to send my OH to doctors again :) I think it's a good idea to take care of all health aspects before moving to Oz...