State Sponsorship tracker again!

Guest Adelaide_bound

Guest Helchops

So, what, if anything does that third line mean, when they say, 'Immigration SA is unable to provide an indication of processing times...We got that this morning. Does it mean we're probably going to be processed soon, or does it make no difference?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys, its good to see applications progressing nicely. I'm still waiting for mine and I predict it will be mid to late October hopefully. Meanwhile I plan to prepare for my 176 lodging. I have done the PCC already and booked the meds for the end of October so thats all in order. Is there anything else I can do to be ready for the 176 logde? What evidence is required to support 12 Months employment in the SOL? Would that be 12 Months previous payslips?

Thanks

Luke

Guest Adelaide_bound

So, what, if anything does that third line mean, when they say, 'Immigration SA is unable to provide an indication of processing times...We got that this morning. Does it mean we're probably going to be processed soon, or does it make no difference?

It means someone has picked up your file for processing, rather than it just sitting in the stack. Yeah! :D Hopefully not long now :) (the obsessive midnight checking begins!)

Guest RobJ1978
Hi guys, its good to see applications progressing nicely. I'm still waiting for mine and I predict it will be mid to late October hopefully. Meanwhile I plan to prepare for my 176 lodging. I have done the PCC already and booked the meds for the end of October so thats all in order. Is there anything else I can do to be ready for the 176 logde? What evidence is required to support 12 Months employment in the SOL? Would that be 12 Months previous payslips?

Thanks

Luke

Hi Luke,

Your p60 would be fine, if you haven't got that, my agent said to have payslips for 1 month in every 3. Also yu will need a profesional reference from your employer. You will need the usual birth cert, passport, i don't know what your qualifiacation is but certificate of that as well.

Nic.x.

Guest Adelaide_bound

Thanks

Luke

I used payslips, my last P60, my current job contract and a letter from my previous employer as I didn't want my current employer to know (with good reason as it turned out). I'm not sure my CO even paid any attention to the letter from my previous employer (I was there from 2008 until Sept 2010 and from sept 2010 until current with my present employer), but she did want another payslip from my previous job and anything else I could give her, so I uploaded another payslip, something like May 2010 (I couldn't find the payslips between then and Sept 2010) and a couple of P60s from last year (I was working a couple of different jobs back then). That seemed to be fine for my CO and it was all approved.

If you can get a letter from your current employer it makes it easy, but if you can't just back up the payslips with P60s and anything else you have (like the contract - I think mine really liked that lol).

HTH :)

Jerrychokes (and anyone else who may be able to answer!),

You said in your timeline:

"Failed SS sponsorship 23rd August 2011 (DIAC requirements "not met")"

I'm curious about how you can fail SS because the DIAC requirements are not met. As far as I can see, there is nothing on the SS application that asks you to provide information on your points test score.

How can a state know if your DIAC requirements aren't met? I ask because we want to apply to SS before getting our IELTS results. I thought this would be okay as our occupation doesn't require IELTS, and we're sure we're going to get at least 7 in each band so the 10 points is a certainty and we will qualify for DIAC when the time comes.

Guest Adelaide_bound

You said in your timeline:

"Failed SS sponsorship 23rd August 2011 (DIAC requirements "not met")"

I'm curious about how you can fail SS because the DIAC requirements are not met. As far as I can see, there is nothing on the SS application that asks you to provide information on your points test score.

How can a state know if your DIAC requirements aren't met? I ask because we want to apply to SS before getting our IELTS results. I thought this would be okay as our occupation doesn't require IELTS, and we're sure we're going to get at least 7 in each band so the 10 points is a certainty and we will qualify for DIAC when the time comes.

You have to meet the basic DIAC requirements to get SS, ie be on the SOL (which you are because you are on the SSML and the SSML is made from SOL jobs), have the 12 months work experience, be the right age and so on. So if you meet all the criteria for SS, but say are 65 years old, then you won't get SS, because you don't meet the basic requirements of DIAC - not that you don't meet the points score threshold.

Have a look here: http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/sa/immigrate_from_overseas/visa_options/gen_skill3/criteria_for_state_spons.jsp

"To qualify for State Sponsorship you must meet ALL Sponsorship requirements and criteria relevant to your situation and the type of visa for which you will be applying.

Applicants must ultimately meet all the Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) criteria and requirements. "

Thanks, both of you. Now I understand. Looks like our IELTS result won't be an issue then as they don't ask for your points test score. As long as we fulfil the basic requirements, hopefully it's okay.

Seems you must have IELTS before applying to SS. Look:

http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/sa/immigrate_from_overseas/visa_options/gen_skill3/criteria_for_state_spons.jsp#Number_9

9.1 Most occupations have a special IELTS requirement over and above the minimum DIAC requirement of 6.0 in each band, please see the State Sponsored Migration List (SSML) – 2011 - 2012 program year.

9.5 The IELTS test that you provide must be less than two (2) years old at the time of Sponsorship Decision regardless of the status of a visa application with DIAC.

So, taking that into account, you should have sat IELTS before lodging the application for SS. However, you didn't say in which exact state you're going to apply, I assumed you're going to apply for SA SS.

We're applying in SA, but our occupation does not require IELTS over and above the minimum of 6 and we're from the UK so we're exempt in that respect too.

The way I read it, clause 9.5 is just describing the timeframe of IELTS results when they are required (ie for a job or for a non-exempt citizen), and it's not saying that everyone must provide test results because not everyone must.

That make sense??

I used payslips, my last P60, my current job contract and a letter from my previous employer as I didn't want my current employer to know (with good reason as it turned out). I'm not sure my CO even paid any attention to the letter from my previous employer (I was there from 2008 until Sept 2010 and from sept 2010 until current with my present employer), but she did want another payslip from my previous job and anything else I could give her, so I uploaded another payslip, something like May 2010 (I couldn't find the payslips between then and Sept 2010) and a couple of P60s from last year (I was working a couple of different jobs back then). That seemed to be fine for my CO and it was all approved.

If you can get a letter from your current employer it makes it easy, but if you can't just back up the payslips with P60s and anything else you have (like the contract - I think mine really liked that lol).

HTH :)

Hi Adelaide,

This is a great help, I am in a similar position so I shall get payslips for the last 18 Months (will that be Ok?), my contract of employment and last P60.

We're applying in SA, but our occupation does not require IELTS over and above the minimum of 6 and we're from the UK so we're exempt in that respect too.

The way I read it, clause 9.5 is just describing the timeframe of IELTS results when they are required (ie for a job or for a non-exempt citizen), and it's not saying that everyone must provide test results because not everyone must.

That make sense??

Sorry, I didn't know you're the UK citizens :) If I held a UK passport, I'd probably be guided by clause 9.2, but I don't have such a passport as you may have guessed looking at my English level :)

At the time of my SA SS application, I was a month short of the mandatory 12months out of 24 months work experience required by DIAC so I was refused SA SS

Do any of you teachers know if they take holiday leave into consideration when assessing the 12months out of 24 criteria.

Teacher holidays do mount up! In Northern Ireland teachers get seven weeks in the "summer". 2 weeks Christmas and Easter, mid terms are only a few days.

My OH says she needs all this as she works so hard at school!!!!

IrishStew (OH)

Guest Adelaide_bound
Do any of you teachers know if they take holiday leave into consideration when assessing the 12months out of 24 criteria.

Teacher holidays do mount up! In Northern Ireland teachers get seven weeks in the "summer". 2 weeks Christmas and Easter, mid terms are only a few days.

My OH says she needs all this as she works so hard at school!!!!

IrishStew (OH)

Yes they count, because you are still under contract (ie your contract is either 'permanent' - forever and ever until cancelled - or for a fixed period that should be until the end of the holidays) and being paid - I don't know if this would be the case in, say, Spain or the US, where they don't get paid during the summer holidays generally. I only started at my current school in Sept, and obviously had half of July and all of August off school technically, as well as last august off from my last school, but I've got payslips for all of this period, so as far as DIAC are concerned I was working the 12 months just gone, if that makes any sense.

Short answer - yes its fine :D

And no doubt she does need those holidays - although if she's anything like me and all the teachers I know, she doesn't actually get much of that as 'holiday' as she's so busy marking/preparing resources/planning/going on residentials/preparing the classroom/etc etc.

Guest Adelaide_bound
Hi Adelaide,

This is a great help, I am in a similar position so I shall get payslips for the last 18 Months (will that be Ok?), my contract of employment and last P60.

TBH the only one that truly knows if this is ok or not is your CO, if its not they will ask for more (as they did with me) and you can just dialogue with them as to exactly what they want and what you can actually provide (I had to tell mine I couldn't really get her a letter from my current Head, as she is a cow and I didn't want to tell her I was leaving until after visa grant lol). But having said that, it seemed to work for me (I didn't even have 18 months payslips) :D

Guest Adelaide_bound

I don't mean to be rude, but think agents are speaking out of the bottoms - we got our SS in something like 2 and half weeks, no job offer, no Aus experience, ties etc - surely they just look at the criteria? If you meet it, you go through, if you don't, you don't, and job offers etc aren't part of the criteria.

Sorry if this is the case, but didn't want anyone to stress over not having a job offer etc and therefore hurting their chances, as for eg I know for a teacher its pretty impossible to get a job offer before you in the country (especially in SA where you need to have done Australian courses before you can register with TRB).

Guest RobJ1978
I don't mean to be rude, but think agents are speaking out of the bottoms - we got our SS in something like 2 and half weeks, no job offer, no Aus experience, ties etc - surely they just look at the criteria? If you meet it, you go through, if you don't, you don't, and job offers etc aren't part of the criteria.

Sorry if this is the case, but didn't want anyone to stress over not having a job offer etc and therefore hurting their chances, as for eg I know for a teacher its pretty impossible to get a job offer before you in the country (especially in SA where you need to have done Australian courses before you can register with TRB).

I didn't mean to make anyone stress, i just meant if people had a job offer before they applied for ss then written confirmation might help.