State Sponsorship tracker again!

Guest Adelaide_bound

Guest Adelaide_bound
It would be crazy to lie, because even if he passed medicals he might be still later kicked out of Oz. And simply because it's WRONG to lie :D

Completely agree :wink:

Spine fracture sounds terribly serious,

Which is probably the problem - its no more serious than breaking an arm really, unless there are complications, either to do with the spine itself (the bones), in the same way that any fracture can have complications, or to do with the spinal nerve, which it obviously hasn't though as this would impact on life (eg no contact sports etc).

If its going to give you headaches on whether to mention it or not, I'd just say to the Doctor 'oh, I fractured my spine a few years ago, but its all ok now, and I didn't have any ops etc on it or anything' (or whatever the case is) and (from having Docs in the family and listening to them speak about meds they have to do for Social Services) I'd be surprised if it didn't come back with 'oh, ok, well we don't have to worry about that now do we if you are all ok now?' :wink:

Either way I'd take copies of the medical reports/file/notes to Oz with me though, but that's a whole other issue from the actual visa medical lol :)

(Sorry about the repeat posts as well, am off work and trying to take my mind of far nastier things).

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Guest8609
Completely agree :wink:

Which is probably the problem - its no more serious than breaking an arm really, unless there are complications, either to do with the spine itself (the bones), in the same way that any fracture can have complications, or to do with the spinal nerve, which it obviously hasn't though as this would impact on life (eg no contact sports etc).

If its going to give you headaches on whether to mention it or not, I'd just say to the Doctor 'oh, I fractured my spine a few years ago, but its all ok now, and I didn't have any ops etc on it or anything' (or whatever the case is) and (from having Docs in the family and listening to them speak about meds they have to do for Social Services) I'd be surprised if it didn't come back with 'oh, ok, well we don't have to worry about that now do we if you are all ok now?' :wink:

Either way I'd take copies of the medical reports/file/notes to Oz with me though, but that's a whole other issue from the actual visa medical lol :)

(Sorry about the repeat posts as well, am off work and trying to take my mind of far nastier things).

Well, we'll see what happens :smile: Medicals on Monday.

And, as you advised, I will write to CO today about adding more docs - I'll be very relieved when he marks defacto evidence as 'Met'.

As for worrying - depends what you like to do, playing games, reading interesting books, meeting positive friends/family members, cooking experiments - I recommend to all those who wait.

So far, for me the, most nervewrecking was waiting for SS. I suppose it will happen again after I have 100% docs uploaded and start waiting for a visa desision.

Hi everyone,

I am new here. Nice to meet you, and congrats to those of your who got SS and visas!

My husband and I were hoping to apply for state sponsorship and we were heartened to see your stories of how fast the SS process was and how quickly you subsequently got your 176's granted.

My husband is a Software Engineer and a couple of weeks ago this occupation went from Low to High Availability. But when I checked today, it's back to Low again already! :sad:

What does this mean for us?

We submitted our ACS skills assessment on 5 September so we sill have at least 4 more weeks to wait. It could be as many as 9 more weeks. Does this mean there will be no hope for us as the occupation is already Low Availability? Or does it stay at that point for a long time?

I don't understand why all of the places seem to have gone in just 2 weeks and I feel so discouraged!

How often do they revamp the list as they did in early September to add more places again?

Hi and welcome over here oidara

I'm sure someone will be along with a reply for you. I know little to nothing about all this as I don't have to do this visa route (married to an Aussie so whole other bag for me when the time comes) but plenty of people are going through this and happy to share.

Good luck. And glad to see you are looking at SA for your move to Aus :) Maybe see you there in a year or so.

Congratulations FortWilliamLoyal, gives the rest of us hope that it won't be long.

Hey Helchops not long :jiggy:!!!

IrishStew (OH)

Congrats FortWilliamLoyal, sounds like you got it just in time! Our documentation was submitted the same day (Aug. 26), so I'm now on 'high alert' i.e. lots of checking. Helchops and IrishStew, not long now for us hopefully.

Guest Guest8609

Congratulations, FortWilliamLoyal !

I'd like to add that when we were getting SS our occupation (Developer Programmer) was on Low BUT then it was changed to high availability again!

I don't know what the reason was, but maybe it can happen again?

Guest Helchops
Haven't read the whole thread, and not sure of where to add my details, but here goes

Name: Chris_J

Date of SMP application: 17th Sep 2011

Docs Received by SA Office: Not yet

Trade/profession: Systems Administrator

Visa type: 176

SS Granted:

Visa Filed:

Visa Granted:

Hi Chris_J,

Welcome to the tracker! I will add your details on the next update later today - good luck and welcome to the 'Waiting Game'!!

Guest Helchops

Well - just when you think you understand the system, SA throw us a curveball. Processing of just 33 days for FortWilliamLoyal (Congratulations
:biggrin:
) - hopefully good news for those of us still in SA Wait...

1) State Sponsorship Only Tracker Here

p.s. is it just me or does the smiley face, 'Big Grin' look a little...creepy?

Guest Adelaide_bound

p.s. is it just me or does the smiley face, 'Big Grin' look a little...creepy?

LOL _ I think its quite cute - it reminds me of hubby, with the huge dark eyebrows waggling amusingly :jiggy:

Guest Helchops
LOL _ I think its quite cute - it reminds me of hubby, with the huge dark eyebrows waggling amusingly :jiggy:
*Laughs*

Thanks everyone:smile:

I'll be lodging my 176 in the next week to 10 days I think.

Keep us updated - exciting times!!

Hi everyone,

I am new here. Nice to meet you, and congrats to those of your who got SS and visas!

My husband and I were hoping to apply for state sponsorship and we were heartened to see your stories of how fast the SS process was and how quickly you subsequently got your 176's granted.

My husband is a Software Engineer and a couple of weeks ago this occupation went from Low to High Availability. But when I checked today, it's back to Low again already! :sad:

What does this mean for us?

We submitted our ACS skills assessment on 5 September so we sill have at least 4 more weeks to wait. It could be as many as 9 more weeks. Does this mean there will be no hope for us as the occupation is already Low Availability? Or does it stay at that point for a long time?

I don't understand why all of the places seem to have gone in just 2 weeks and I feel so discouraged!

How often do they revamp the list as they did in early September to add more places again?

Hey Hie Oidara,

Welcome to PIA SS thread....I am afraid that you will be able to get skill assessment that fast...Expect it in 12-14 weeks as they resulting out in this average time. All you can do it request your ACS skill assessment officer to send you a pdf copy of skill assessment as that would cut your 2 weeks of registered post...No need to get disheartened...Software Engineer is in other states as well like VIC and QLD... You just need to make sure that you keep track of your skill occupation on other states..ACT is yet to comeup with SS ...So better look around "if" your occupation becomes not available. Good luck.

regards

Big Bob

Thanks!

I'm glad I got it, my occupation just went down to "Low Availability" not long after I was granted it. It seems I got in just in time:smile:

Congratulations...FortWilliamLoyal...Good luck with your 176...

regards

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply. I am hoping ACS will come through much sooner than 12-14 weeks from now as we're already 3 weeks in and they quote 12 weeks as a maximum. There's also a tracker here that shows some folk getting theirs as soon as 6-9 weeks, so I'm clinging to the hope it will be quick!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?hl=en&key=0Atr_7rmpAJmAdEhRUDhIcG11Mk5SbDFFZmp2UXczWVE&hl=en&f=true&gid=34

I do feel pretty disheartened as we are set on SA and, with 3 kids plus dog, we don't have the freedom to just spend a couple of years somewhere else in order to get SS.

I wish I knew how likely it is that Software Engineer will become unavailable in the next few months. Does anyone know if it was made unavailable in the recent past? As far as I know, it only went down to Low Availability prior to the revamping of the list a few weeks ago, but maybe I'm wrong?

Oidara, I am not completely sure, but I think the list is only revamped once a year. Not sure if 'off-list criteria' would apply if there is no availability or not.

Hi SKSMITH and OIDARA

The SA website says - "The contents of this list are accurate at the time that it is viewed. The list is "live" and will change as decisions on State Sponsorship applications are made."

I think it's safe to assume that whilst they do an annual review, they endeavour to keep a live working document. To be honest I check it every couple of days - sad!!:unsure:

Regards

IrishStew (OH)