State Sponsorship tracker again!

Guest Adelaide_bound

Well, I'm in Norn Ireland, too, and I must say that this year is extremely sunny :biglaugh:. I think in 2008 we couldn't mow the lawn because the grass was always wet. There were only 2 weeks of sun in the summer.

And that's why I want to LIVE in the place with sun!!!

Hi Lenore, I know what you mean, it was after the summer of 2008 that we decided to look at Australia more seriously after years of talk.

By the way where did you go for medical and how was it.

Once again thanks to all that have sent there congrats and yes I am still on a high.

IrishStew (OH):jiggy:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Guest8609
Hi Lenore, I know what you mean, it was after the summer of 2008 that we decided to look at Australia more seriously after years of talk.

By the way where did you go for medical and how was it.

Once again thanks to all that have sent there congrats and yes I am still on a high.

IrishStew (OH):jiggy:

There used to be panel doctors in Belfast but DIAC made some weird decisions and got rid of several places. Now panel doctors are not well/evenly situated across the UK and Ireland, waiting times are longer and prices are higher...

We had to do medicals in Dublin. You wait for about a month for medicals, so I suggest you book it while lodging for your visa, or even earlier. Medicals went very smooth and were extremely well organised (but also pricey, have to ask OH for exact numbers). All tests for me and my OH lasted for 1 hour 20 mins !!! We never waited longer than a minute in waiting rooms, we barely had time to pay between one test and another :)

The doctor was very nice, thorough and... fast.

If you have an ongoing health issue bring some docs, eg - I got a report from my GP about the treatment for my thyroid - last test results and current dosage. Also bring your glasses with you.

In general, I was impressed - they submitted my OHs result within 1 to 3 days. Only most of mine are pending, but they say my eHealth account doesn't let them upload my results and they contacted DIAC about the issue. I also like the fact they respond immediately to emails.

Also, when you make an appointment they talk about referral letter and then they don't ask for it, just your TRN and passport number. They don't ask for photos either - they have a digital camera.

Hmm no third line for me yet :skeptical:

Hi lpkm, I wouldn't get too worried about the third line as it really does not seem to mean a lot. Ours took over a week after the 3rd line but others had it just a matter of hours and some not at all. Anyway the third line just cracks you up, as you naturally assume it won't be long. Let's hope you jump straight to SS.

IrishStew (OH)

Oh boy - Medicals booked for Saturday. Thought I'd have to wait a couple of weeks at least! Getting really excited.. and itchy feet.

Putting the house on the market this week too.

Lpkm - you'll be fine :)

Guest seba771

There is something I don't understand... What means Time of desicion???

I'm tired of reading that and I still don't know what line should I see in my Application tracking to say: I'm safe from staying out due to Availability.

My Occupation is in Medium Availability and I just present the papers (I have my second line).

When can I consider I'm safe? With the third line?

Guest seba771
No-one is safe until their SS is granted.

You can't imagine how much I hate your answer :(

It shouldn't be like that... it's not fair for the people who is waiting... at least we should know if we are in the queue and with possibilities or not.

Guest Adelaide_bound
You can't imagine how much I hate your answer :(

It shouldn't be like that... it's not fair for the people who is waiting... at least we should know if we are in the queue and with possibilities or not.

a) Life is not fair unfortunately

b) You're not being 'fair' on SA Immi - how do they know how many people are going to apply *exactly* for each individual job code, each individual day/week/month? They don't - they can't! Therefore, they simply can't say until they have processed each application if there is availability any more than they already do. And they do update things asap, and they do process things asap. I can't really see a system that could be any fairer than it already is? First come, first served and all that. You do know if you have possibilities or not, there is either a HIGH, MEDIUM or LOW possibility based on availability, as per the list. I don't really understand your comments. :unsure:

Guest seba771
a) Life is not fair unfortunately

b) You're not being 'fair' on SA Immi - how do they know how many people are going to apply *exactly* for each individual job code, each individual day/week/month? They don't - they can't! Therefore, they simply can't say until they have processed each application if there is availability any more than they already do. And they do update things asap, and they do process things asap. I can't really see a system that could be any fairer than it already is? First come, first served and all that. You do know if you have possibilities or not, there is either a HIGH, MEDIUM or LOW possibility based on availability, as per the list. I don't really understand your comments. :unsure:

Maybe I can explain better this way:

* Let's supposed there are 100 places for an occupation.

* 50 places left and the availability is medium.

* If they have more than 50 people waiting in the queue with the second line in the tracking application in my opinion they could say "your application is out of our process queue and only will be processed if an early application is rejected".

That way it's fair for both sides :)

Do you understand what I mean?

Guest Adelaide_bound

I understand what you mean, but that would then tie up the people actually processing the applications by making them look at them as they came in. If there were enough people to process them as they came in, that would be grand, but I would rather my application went through quicker rather than having to wait longer as one/some of the team are putting things into piles as they come in. It would be a gross waste of resources to do it that way imho, and very bad management indeed. And it would be pointless, because the first 25 people who applied for a certain profession might not be the right age, for eg, so would fail, and therefore the initial 'look' at the application would taken even longer, and so on and so forth. So whilst in utopia its a lovely idea, in the real world it just isn't workable.

I think they do a really really great job given the constraints they have personally (especially when you think about the fact that we don't pay anything for SS for SA, so essentially they are doing the job with no funding at all from the people using the service.)

Guest seba771
I understand what you mean, but that would then tie up the people actually processing the applications by making them look at them as they came in. If there were enough people to process them as they came in, that would be grand, but I would rather my application went through quicker rather than having to wait longer as one/some of the team are putting things into piles as they come in. It would be a gross waste of resources to do it that way imho, and very bad management indeed. And it would be pointless, because the first 25 people who applied for a certain profession might not be the right age, for eg, so would fail, and therefore the initial 'look' at the application would taken even longer, and so on and so forth. So whilst in utopia its a lovely idea, in the real world it just isn't workable.

I think they do a really really great job given the constraints they have personally (especially when you think about the fact that we don't pay anything for SS for SA, so essentially they are doing the job with no funding at all from the people using the service.)

I think they are doing a great job too and no one is saying the opposite.

But I still think that a "Note" like that would be great if it's done automatically without adding any type of re-work for SA Immi. That way there will be no resources waste, the process will be the same as is nowadays, the application won't take more time (because the process is the same and is analyzed the same way) and the person who is waiting will know where is :) .

It's something that I'd recommend at least just to be analyzed and check advantages and disadvantages (this last line made me remember the IELTS exam :S ). Maybe this could be applied next year, who knows.