State Sponsorship tracker again!

Guest Adelaide_bound

Guest Helchops

Seba771,

While I understand your frustration, what you're proposing isn't workable.

SA Immi are not funded by us...those of us who have got SS are very lucky to have done so, but it's not a right. SA want to get the best people into their towns and cities as they can - and for that, this State Sponsorship waiting process was borne...but again, it's a blessing for those who South Australia choose to sponsor, not a right for everyone to apply. I think that it's extremely fair on those who apply. They could be much more, 'we can do something for you...so apply if you want...' but they don't - they enact a very fair procedure, with clear rules, regulations and a constantly changing SMP list so people know where they are.

Anyway, taking resources away from the current processing queue by vetting potential applications would be disastrous on current queue times...I know that it's a risk - and if you get Sponsorship, it's a risk worth taking. Literally, the only 'risk' to an applicant is wasted time. We had a backup plan of going down the 175 route.

We said from the beginning, if SA is willing to sponsor us, we'll give back by paying our taxes and being a good citizen in return - but we were well aware that they didn't have to sponsor us, and we didn't factor it in as a right.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest seba771
Seba771,

While I understand your frustration, what you're proposing isn't workable.

SA Immi are not funded by us...those of us who have got SS are very lucky to have done so, but it's not a right. SA want to get the best people into their towns and cities as they can - and for that, this State Sponsorship waiting process was borne...but again, it's a blessing for those who South Australia choose to sponsor, not a right for everyone to apply. I think that it's extremely fair on those who apply. They could be much more, 'we can do something for you...so apply if you want...' but they don't - they enact a very fair procedure, with clear rules, regulations and a constantly changing SMP list so people know where they are.

Anyway, taking resources away from the current processing queue by vetting potential applications would be disastrous on current queue times...I know that it's a risk - and if you get Sponsorship, it's a risk worth taking. Literally, the only 'risk' to an applicant is wasted time. We had a backup plan of going down the 175 route.

We said from the beginning, if SA is willing to sponsor us, we'll give back by paying our taxes and being a good citizen in return - but we were well aware that they didn't have to sponsor us, and we didn't factor it in as a right.

I completely agree with you and that would be the result of taking a resource away from the current processing queue. The only difference is that I never said that.... I'm talking about a "note" in the tracking system based on the place you have in the queue and the available places (only a calculation on the tracking system).

No change of any kind (time or process), no taking a resource off the queue and nothing like that. just a note.

It is just an idea that would be very useful and I think it would prevent many calls to the SA Immigration office :)

Who knows, maybe someone from SA Immi office will read this and take it to analyze for next year... :P

Btw... I already applied and I have the second line.... it's just an idea that came up when I saw the availability change. As you said I'm just sharing my "frustration" of not knowing where am I regarding the queue.

Thanks to all for this forum..... I have no one close to me that can understand me about all this and It's good to have a place to share my thoughts.

My prayers have been answered -

We were wondering how best to pay for the 176 VISA. Dip into the precious savings or use the Ccard spread it out over a few months. But - opened the post today and got a nice wee cheque from the TAX man saying I paid to much - wow - when do you every hear of that!!! I changed jobs last year and apparently they took too much tax.

Believe me the Irish Eyes are smiling - what a week!!

Hi lpkm - your on the thirdline - maybe tomorrow, maybe next week - but not long.

IrishStew (OH):biglaugh:

Huge congratulations to all those who've got SS recently!!! I've been drowning in work so the forum had to take a back seat for a bit. Meds on Saturday! Hurray!

Good luck to those waiting for SS too. I know it's stressful waiting but we'll all get there in the end inshallah! X

Guest Guest8609

Just great... after finding out my medical results were NOT uploaded by panel doctor I contacted the clinic and they promised to check that with DIAC. The clinic claim they couldn't access my eHealth to upload docs - I'm not sure, because one test result was received... Now they've sent two more, but still one is missing - Medical Examination required... I can't imagine having a family and chasing doctors and DIAC to upload/update every single test result. It seems eHealth is a crappy system, but medical staff may also be 'too relaxed' at times :D I will never know that...

Guest two_chants
Just great... after finding out my medical results were NOT uploaded by panel doctor I contacted the clinic and they promised to check that with DIAC. The clinic claim they couldn't access my eHealth to upload docs - I'm not sure, because one test result was received... Now they've sent two more, but still one is missing - Medical Examination required... I can't imagine having a family and chasing doctors and DIAC to upload/update every single test result. It seems eHealth is a crappy system, but medical staff may also be 'too relaxed' at times :D I will never know that...

Hi Lenore, I've been chasing my results around too!! I emailed my clinic on Monday, no response. So I emailed HOC in Sydney last night. They came back overnight to say they had uploaded all the results they had received so to check with the clinic.

Sooo I phoned the clinic this morning. It appears they are having trouble accessing my sons e-health record but will try again today (!!!). However they said they sent all my daughters results off although I dont know when. So I've emailed HOC again. Nightmare! Lets hope its showing some more results in the morning.

Mine have all been received ok and show finalised so I guess there must be some system issues but its a pain having to go back and forth.

Guest Guest8609
Hi Lenore, I've been chasing my results around too!! I emailed my clinic on Monday, no response. So I emailed HOC in Sydney last night. They came back overnight to say they had uploaded all the results they had received so to check with the clinic.

Sooo I phoned the clinic this morning. It appears they are having trouble accessing my sons e-health record but will try again today (!!!). However they said they sent all my daughters results off although I dont know when. So I've emailed HOC again. Nightmare! Lets hope its showing some more results in the morning.

Mine have all been received ok and show finalised so I guess there must be some system issues but its a pain having to go back and forth.

Yeah My OHs results appeared as received and got finalised almost straight away. I guess it may be secondary applicants whose eHealth accounts are not working properly. But still, it is such a convenient excuse for Panel Doctors to upload results late, isn't it? :D

Guest Chris_J

OMG that was quick from the 3rd line, we have SS approval WOOO HOOOOO hang on in there guys especially fellow Sys Admins. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you all.

OMG that was quick from the 3rd line, we have SS approval WOOO HOOOOO hang on in there guys especially fellow Sys Admins. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you all.

Congratulations Chris J,

I challenge you not to walk round today with a silly grin!!!

Have fun with the 176 and form 80 (aaaaaagh) and all that.

IrishStew (OH)

Guest Chris_J

Cheers IrishStew. Feels damn good at the moment. Maybe I'll be going to Aus sooner than I thought with the redundancy coming at the end of December. Probably got to sell the house though first, and I'd at least like another job here first contracting I think.

Guest MarK Jowett

GREAT NEWS ChrisJ - really really chuffed for you - I think you needed it more than the rest of us SysAdmins.

Looks like you might have got the last place too - went to Special Conditions today :(

I assume that even though my application form is in - i'm still buggered.