Australia Citizenship - What's the update?

deftown

On 7/19/2021 at 10:03 AM, BoddyFam said:

Hi everyone,

So I did the test last week (I rescheduled mine and got an appointment a week earlier than originally given). I passed and the whole thing was done in about 25 minutes (including the interview)!!! Does anyone know how long after passing the test, do you get notification of when the ceremony is?

Applied: 23 May

Test: 15 July

Thanks.

SO we have to do test and Interview? 

On 7/23/2021 at 8:49 PM, May2019 said:

My status changed from received to approved the next day of the test on 16 July. How much time does it normally take for the ceremony. The letter says within six months but can it be earlier. Thanks

Great  news,  you have been really lucky to get it approved on the very next day of your test, I'm really happy for you,   few of us have applied around your lodgement date,  and sat for the test as well, but after the test we haven't received any outcome or update on our application yet.

Hopefully soon!

Edited by Andy.L

On 7/23/2021 at 8:19 PM, May2019 said:

My status changed from received to approved the next day of the test on 16 July. How much time does it normally take for the ceremony. The letter says within six months but can it be earlier. Thanks

Same with me and my daughter; infact status changed to approved same day by late evening; waiting for letter now 🙂

4 hours ago, Dee said:

Same with me and my daughter; infact status changed to approved same day by late evening; waiting for letter now 🙂

Great news,  just out of my curiosity,  did you guys also received any email from immigration like we had received one when our PR got approved?

Like any auto letter generator  email saying your application has been finalised and grant letter attachment or any communications?

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Andy.L
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy.L said:

Great news,  just out of my curiosity,  did you guys also received any email from immigration like we had received one when our PR got approved?

Like any auto letter generator  email saying your application has been finalised and grant letter attachment or any communications?

Thanks in advance. 

Not yet; waiting for that. As per process one should get that but havent yet.

On 7/25/2021 at 11:33 PM, Andy.L said:

Great  news,  you have been really lucky to get it approved on the very next day of your test, I'm really happy for you,   few of us have applied around your lodgement date,  and sat for the test as well, but after the test we haven't received any outcome or update on our application yet.

Hopefully soon!

My friend got approved next day as well

• Like 1

That's great, 

I'm feeling bit concerned because it has been almost 2 weeks for me since I have passed the test and the status of my application is unchanged- still shows Received.

Is there anyone else in the group who has passed the test and their application status shows still Received?

Thanks in advance. 

14 hours ago, Andy.L said:

That's great, 

I'm feeling bit concerned because it has been almost 2 weeks for me since I have passed the test and the status of my application is unchanged- still shows Received.

Is there anyone else in the group who has passed the test and their application status shows still Received?

Thanks in advance. 

Nothing to worry about; as long as you cleared test and they gave you a generic letter saying you have passed you are good; you will soon get email 🙂

On 7/29/2021 at 11:56 AM, Dee said:

Nothing to worry about; as long as you cleared test and they gave you a generic letter saying you have passed you are good; you will soon get email 🙂

Any updates from anyone in the group after passing citizenship test.

Mine is still says received 😞   3 weeks now after passing the test.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Andy.L said:

Any updates from anyone in the group after passing citizenship test.

Mine is still says received 😞   3 weeks now after passing the test.

Me & my daughter got letter of approval; we had appeared for test on July 16, 2021. Also our application status was updated to Approved same day.

My husbands test was yesterday and after test in the evening his application status changed to approved.

Where are you based?

Edited by Dee

Hi All,

I applied for citizenship on 24th September 2020 from Cassy City Council Victoria. 

Has anyone got invited who lodge the application around that period ?? . Thanks in advance. 

Applied: 24/Sep/2020

Test: Waiting

Cassy City Council

Melbourne

Victoria

• Sad 1

Need quick help

I am filling out the citizenship application and I am stuck at step 3 where it asks for citizenship. I am an Indian citizen and hold Indian citizenship.

If I put Indian citizenship it's asking for end date.
Can anyone help here please who has filled the form

Edited by Akie
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ali2012 said:

Hi guys,

can you give your passport as birth certificate evidence?

Regards

Please use same document that you would have provided when you applied for Visa/PR.

I don't think passport can be used as birth certificate evidence but to be sure i recommend that you call DIBP.

I used by school ceritificate as DOB certificate.

On 8/13/2021 at 3:12 PM, DarDec said:

Hi All,

I applied for citizenship on 24th September 2020 from Cassy City Council Victoria. 

Has anyone got invited who lodge the application around that period ?? . Thanks in advance. 

Applied: 24/Sep/2020

Test: Waiting

Cassy City Council

Melbourne

Victoria

Really 2020 that's long time or is it 2021????

15 minutes ago, Akie said:

Need quick help

I am filling out the citizenship application and I am stuck at step 3 where it asks for citizenship. I am an Indian citizen and hold Indian citizenship.

Can anyone help here please who has filled the application

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t would be todays date.

Edited by Dee

16 minutes ago, Akie said:

Need quick help

Can anyone help here please who has filled the application

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be todays date

Edited by Dee